Trailer Trash

Terrible Tuesday. (Read 16 times)

LB2

It isn't really terrible, terribly busy at work, though. I ran 3 miles this morning, which is the longest I have run in quite some time. I did some 6 to 8 mile hikes back in April, but no running involved. It felt good this morning, but I don't see myself running any further than 10 miles at a time this year. I just don't feel the urge to run any further than that right now.

QOTD: What are the trail conditions on the trails you normally run right now?

Everything is quite dry here right now. I did some trail work this weekend on my trails that were overgrown from my lack of running. I have been sticking to the gravel road for the most part. We need a little rain.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4-ish miles and 900’ of gain for Tiny E and I yesterday evening

strength train this evening

qotd: snow is finally all gone on our local trails, high mountains are still loaded- anticipate a lot of snowshoeing this year on the Bob Open. The soils here drain significantly better than the soils I dealt with in Eastern Montana- if it rained there it might be 2-3 days before you can realistically run again, here it just soaks the moisture up, very rare to deal with much mud- nice change 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

7 easy and slow miles with a friend this morning. First time running in a week.  I will just blame life getting in the way so I can absolve myself of any personal responsibility.

qotd: Well, after last night's heavy thunderstorms, they were muddy and underwater in some areas, so we ran more pavement than dirt overall. We're in for a pattern of unsettled weather, so it might be a week or more before we see improvement.

AT-runner

Tim

Gutted out 7+ miles this morning in the humidity. Can't say I felt great, but I did it.  Now plan on sitting by the pool and reading. Don't have much energy for anything else yet.

LB - nothing wrong with short runs as any run beats working, plus I'm sure you'll get your mojo back and venture into something longer.

Warden - I was thinking about you today when I crossed a swollen creek. Hope the Bob doesn't have too many dangerous crossing for you.

DC - you probably had the same humidity as us today. We also go hit hard with thunderstorms last night. I'm surprised my trees have any limbs left.

QOTD:  My trails are mostly rocky (they call my area of the AT Rocksyvania for a good reason), so today they were wet and very slippery.  The few non-rocky sections were pretty muddy from 3 good storms over the past 5 days. Creeks were up high and a few water crossings at areas where I don't usually see water flowing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

A short 4 miles on the local trail last night with the Lady. She was looking a bit tired from the warmer more humid weather so we took it easy and cut the run short. Today, a midday heat acclimation run. 7 miles on the road. Felt pretty good the first 5 miles then the wheels fell off and I jogged it in, but I was too stubborn/stupid to shorten the route. First dash and splash run of the season. 70 degree pool water felt most excellent post run.

QOTD: Trails are pretty good here. Damp with some muddy patches. Sort of how I like them. Likely be more muddy later this week as there is t-storms and rain in the forecast most every day. Many of the hilly trails drain pretty well around here, so just low lying stuff stays muddy.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Solid run.  Glad to see.

LB - I'm with AT, any run is better than no run.  We all talk distance, but it's really aboutr time and effort.

runtrail - It was good to get that run in to break the no-run streak.  The longer you wait, the harder it gets.

warden - With the snow disappearing, I'm afraid we won't get many pics anymore.

I was planning on going out for an easy 7 tonight, but the weatherman is calling for some pretty epic thunderstorms tonight.  We shall see.

Also, I just posted the RR for Montour in the forum.  Skip past the sad part.  The rest is (supposed to be) funny. 

QOTD:  Weekday trails in mid-Long Island are in pretty good shape.  Spring and summer deterioration starts when the poison ivy growth gets heavy.  No issues with water and mud.  Weekend upstate tail does get a little waterlogged as it's on the valley floor running next to the river, but nothing terrible.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

moonlightrunner

Had a great run tonight. Things are looking up...I seem to have found the perfect plodding pace!

Qotd: we had some heavy rain. The trails are muddy. One or two areas flooded...new and unexpected water crossings! I love it. Bad news is...the mosquitoes have arrived 

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k