Trailer Trash

Thinking on Thursday (Read 35 times)

LB2

I did a great 5 through the woods last night, finding 4 buck scrapes along the trail. I think I will put out a game camera to see when he is coming through and what he is. I may not waste my time on something small. I heard a bunch of coyotes. I love hearing them.

QOTD: Do you like to run at night by yourself through the woods?

I love it. I find that many people are not comfortable doing that. I don't know if they are afraid of getting lost, afraid of animals, or just afraid of the dark. I would rather run at night than during the day. I just feel free, and I like to turn my light off if the moon is bright.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Only got in a couple of miles last night, only to keep the streak going.  It's been a lot of roads and sidewalks the past few weeks and I need to get out on the trails today.  I'm tired of dodging cars and getting honked at because they don't want to yield to pedestrians in cross walks.  And then pretending they couldn't see me despite being lit up like a xmas tree. 

So, 4 or 5 miles in rock creek this afternoon.

qotd:  Despite being pretty brave in most everything else, running on my trails at night makes me a nervous nancy.  Worrying about other people and/or falling and hurting myself has mostly kept me out of the woods in the deep dark.  And I haven't been successful at convincing others to go with me, which would solve my concerns.  By the reaction I usually get, though,  you'd think I was suggesting we go to the local crack den to hand out bibles.

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run this morning. It was warmer but still cool (32 F at the start). I actually prefer the colder weather of the previous couple days for running.

QOTD: Yes I enjoy it a good bit.  I typically have Marley along, but don't mind running in the dark woods alone.  Most of my running is early morning, but we do get out before daylight fairly often.  Before I retired the majority of my winter running was in the evening after dark.  In most of the places we run, running between sunset and sunrise is illegal, but we have never been ticketed.  They seem to mostly target the mountain bikers with that law and enforce it way less in the AM hours than in the PM hours.  They do reportedly hand out some $90 fines though.

I love mountain biking in the dark too but the enforcement of the curfew in my favorite riding trails keeps me from doing much of it these days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning! Ran 6 miles this morning and was treated to a beautiful sunrise over Camden.

sunrise

QOTD: I would say yes, but I don't really have the opportunity to do so since it's not safe around here. When I did it during Stone Mill 50 last year it was fun, but a little spooky for sure.

Occasional Runner

I set a new PR on my 6 mile road course this morning. I've been really focusing on speed lately and it's obviously paying off. I followed that up with circuit training at the gym, which felt fantastic. Then I came home, tossed the pup in the truck and did another 6 miles in the mountains, focusing on running the all climbs. Hell of a workout today!

QOTD: I run in the dark by myself almost every day, and for the most part, I prefer it to running in the daylight.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Morning! Ran 6 miles this morning and was treated to a beautiful sunrise over Camden.

I'm not sure anyone has ever used both the words beautiful and Camden in a sentence before!

I plan on running after work today.    This cold weather is already wearing me down.  I need to try to adjust my attitude about it, but I'm struggling.

QOTD: I tend to stick to our local trails through town during the winter when I have to run at night.  I enjoy it if I am with someone or am in the middle of a race, but I get a little creeped out alone in the middle of a big state park.  Sometimes I make myself do it anyway because I know the more I do it, the less scary it will seem.  Last year on New Year's Eve I went snowshoeing after dark by myself in my favorite park.  It was nice.

Running is dumb.

I'm not sure anyone has ever used both the words beautiful and Camden in a sentence before!

Haha it does seem like an oxymoron but it always looks pretty at sunrise and sunset!

dpc3

Haha it does seem like an oxymoron but it always looks pretty at sunrise and sunset!

You just don't want to be in Camden when the sun sets!

dpc3

I'll be getting out with the yellow dogs this afternoon for about 3 miles. Knee is feeling really good all I need to do is keep up with my strength exercised and work running back into the mix.

QOTD: Typically I run early morning and really enjoy it over any other part of the day unless its a Friday off then I get out of the house just a bit later.

AT-runner

Tim

Short run on the trails this morning.  24 degrees and no wind almost felt balmy compared to Tuesday's run.

Mandy and dpc3 beat me to the Camden comments.  That town always looks good in the rear view mirror.

QOTD:  Usually a morning runner, after the sun is up, but I do enjoy dark runs.  On most of my dark runs it usually works out that I have company, but I do like run solo.  I try not to use a powerful light so I don't get tunnel vision.  If the moon is bright, I like to run without a light.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Heading off with DW to clean the Church. That's a couple of hour job. After that I'll head out for a run. I'd like to go for 7-8 miles but I was also thinking about limiting it to 5 miles and doing some walking lunges. I'll have to see how the mood strikes when I head out.

QOTD: I like to run at night but have only run on the roads around the house. It used to be rare for me to use a light even when it was pitch black but a couple of near misses with the local skunk families   has convinced me to use a light. I'd like to get out on some of my favorite trails at night sometime. The main thing that concerns me is falling on the rocks. I'm not too concerned about other issues.  I've probably met up with more dangerous situations working nights in the city then what I'll see in the middle of the woods.

dpc3

I grew up on the Delaware and the word "Camden" was a dirty word for Philly kids.

moonlightrunner

Planning a very late run tonight on the bike path. I have not run for a few days due to my other life interference.

Qotd: once I get out onto a trail at night I am fine. It gets easier for me with snow, my night vision sucks. Snow lights it all up. Some of my mist memorable runs were at night in snow and moonlight. I do prefer night runs in the company of my dog. I cannot find d any peoplewho will go.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

I only did 3 miles this morning but it was mostly climbing. After yesterdays run

I spent a few hours on the mountain behind the house clearing a trail, and this

morning I played on it.

QOTD: I like it when I'm able to do it, but it's not my normal.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run last night...what a loser.  Went to Interstellar instead..I found it boring but the husband loved it.  Have stuff to run at lunch or after work..may TM when I get home for 6.   more loserness...

QOTD:  If I start in the light I have no problem running in the dark by myself...most of the time but I have been spooked. I try to run without the flash light as long as possible.

LB2:  I love to hear coyotes howling.  Once Earl and I were out running and he was barking and they were answering him.  It was cool.

Trailncocktails:  Nice photo.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄