Trailer Trash

Friday (I got nothing funny) (Read 31 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today for me.  Heading down early to Boonsboro, MD to work at the JFK50 and then later in the day I'll pace a friend for the last 12 miles of the race.  It's his first 50, and he's a basket case right now.  Hopefully he can channel his nervous energy into a good race.

DW is back running again after her bad fall last week on the AT.  No fractured pinkie, just bruised, cut and sore .  She's pacing another friend, also for the last 12.  Her friend has done 8 JFK's and is calm as can be right now.

All in all, I know 13 people racing this year.  Hope that's not an unlucky number.

I know we have a lot of agnostics on this forum, but a prayer or two, from those who do that sort of thing, for my oldest sister.  She had confirmation that she does have breast cancer and is now deciding treatment options.

QOTD:  Racing, pacing or what weekend plans?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Had a bit of a hangover this morning, but I got 6 shitty miles on the trails with my dog. I felt a hell of a lot better after the run.

AT- Have fun at JFK. I personally despise that race, but I know it's a big deal to a lot of people. I hope all 13 of your friends finish and have a great time out there.

QOTD: Back to back long runs this weekend with some hills and speed work mixed in.

NorthernHarrier

An easy day work wise it looks to be and I hope nothing changes. Last night I was able to get two great hours of trail running by headlamp on the mtn. bike trails at Cam-Rock. 14F and the trails were a hard pack frozen layer of snow and screw shoes were just perfect for those conditions.  I can really enjoy winter running if that's how it would be all the time.  So if my work day holds together I will get to the IAT at Lodi after work for some more fun on the frozen single track.

QOTD--Wi. deer season opens tomorrow and that is a real big deal. I'll run intervals in the Arb which is inside the city of Madison. You can log a lot of miles in there and I think that is the place to be on opening day.

Badger basketball game Sat. evening.

runtraildc

Morning!  Yesterday's plans did not produce a trail run, but 4.5 miles on the roads, at rush hour which made for lots of rest breaks at red lights.   But I did get in an hour of yoga too, so all was good at the end of the day.

Good luck to your runner, AT!  And have fun.  Weather looks to be favorable.

qotd:  swim meet for the kiddos, which will mean some running breaks on the trails.  I have lots of good options at this pool.

LB2

I think 5 on tap for tonight, maybe before dark, but I doubt that happens. I have a guy in the run off for family court judge coming to visit. I can imagine saying, "Okay, I will help; just leave so I can go run." But, he is a good guy, who will probably win with or without my help. I am much better at getting people to vote for me than I am for getting them to vote for someone else. I can control my actions and interactions with people. I may have good experiences with someone that someone else has had terrible experiences with. I am so happy I don't have to run again.

QOTD: Daughter's 9th birthday party tomorrow, then rainstorms come in; a little deer hunt on Sunday evening. I need to kill this buck behind my house. If I don't kill him in a few days, I will truly apply myself after my pacing duties at Cajun Coyote. I will have something dead before New Year's Eve.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I need to kill this buck behind my house. If I don't kill him in a few days, I will truly apply myself after my pacing duties at Cajun Coyote. I will have something dead before New Year's Eve.

What did this deer do to piss you off so bad?

some call me Tim

Have fun at JFK, AT.. I'm rooting for a couple local guys as well and I can only imagine they're happy to get out of Dodge. Also for what it's worth, my thoughts are with your sister.. tons of treatment options these days.

2 hour shoveling effort so far with one more in the works. There'll be snowshoeing if there's time or my arms fall off.

I am also interested in deer hi jinks.

qotd: winter sports! Before the rains come and turn everything into a giant mudpit

LB2

What did this deer do to piss you off so bad?

He pulled a low hanging branch down even lower across my trail and broke it, which could cause me to gouge out my eye. Then, he proceeded to kick leaves across the trail. I won't stand for it. AND, worst of all, he shit on the trail!!!

LB2

Occasional Runner

He pulled a low hanging branch down even lower across my trail and broke it, which could cause me to gouge out my eye. Then, he proceeded to kick leaves across the trail. I won't stand for it. AND, worst of all, he shit on the trail!!!

I just want to put this out there...I'm rooting for the deer.

LB2

I just want to put this out there...I'm rooting for the deer.

He will probably win; I don't have the motivation for deer I once had.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Off work, finally. Got another happy customer yelling at me - I swear it's not me, it's rather as if I was wearing a button: "Bully me!". And then I don't easily back down just for the sake of avoiding confrontation. I'm not sure I'm suited for this customer service thing. Oh wait, it's the other way around. Customer service might not be for me?

Actually, it was a co-worker who got yelled at, and I stood up for her and reported the incident to our managers, who sided with us and gave the customer (a former employee there, I guess she got fired and now she's jealous or something) a warning. But still, another altercation, and hey, it's me - again. 

Planning to go on a nice run in the wonderful weather now. Cool and sunshine, it's going to be fun!

AT: Prayers and healing vibes are sent your way!

Kelly: Way to go!

Harrier: Sounds like winter fun!

traildc: Your motivation and persistence are inspiring!

LB2: It took a while before I understood "run". ESL, here we go again. Happy Birthday to DD!

darg: Have a nice upper body workout in the snow!

QOTD: No big plans, just taking care of the two cats recovering from surgery, and of DS who might have strep throat. I hope I won't contract it, and I'll get a nice run in tomorrow.

Run for fun.

LB2

FTYC: Yes. Run for office. That is far more painful than running trails.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ran 5.6 miles last night with the dog.  Plan on riding the trainer tonight.

So sorry to hear that about your sister, AT.  What stage?

QOTD: Stay at home and be grumpy about everything. 

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

I need to kill this buck behind my house. If I don't kill him in a few days, I will truly apply myself after my pacing duties at Cajun Coyote. I will have something dead before New Year's Eve.

Hmmm... 7 weeks or so to get Bucko.   With a rifle I'm guessing?    Vegetarian---an old Indian word for bad hunter!  Please don't become a vegetarian too!    LOL--You'll do it I'm sure.

Couch--anyway you could maybe like spill some hot coffee on these peeps?

AT--Sorry for your sister, best wishes.

AT-runner

Tim

Here you go, Marie.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!