Trailer Trash

Sunless Sundaily (Read 25 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

A bit over 20 in the morning today, with a guy from the running group.

I know this guy from a half marathon last year, where I caught him on the last few miles, and then let him win our little sprint duel right before the finish line.

So I was not sure what to expect today. We went out a tad fast (the young lad did not know I'm an old lady and need some time to warm up), and he kicked my azz pretty well the first 7 miles. However, then he ran out of power and turned around, while I continued, and instead of doing the planned out-and-back, I ran a big loop (knowing the area like my own running shoe sure helped).

It was fun, but hard due to the lots of elevation change. And the gnats were really pesky, I was surrounded by a big cloud of them constantly on the last 5 miles. No flailing hands and waving with my water bottle helped, and I got annoyed, as shooing them off became the main task instead of running. But finally, they let up on the last stretch back to the car.

QOTD: pass.

Run for fun.

muppy

5.3 miles last night

QOTD Where is everybody?

I'm stuck at work.

NHLA

9 miles 1 hr 21 min. DuPont Forest

Daydreamer1

I had planned on two bike rides today. One with DW and one by myself.  Then we were invited to dinner by a family from church. That took up the afternoon. Now I might get in a short jog or I might just work on stretching and some lifting.

QOTD: See above comment. Now I'm at home feeling very unmotivated.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.2 mile recovery run

QOTD: At home getting ready to go to work this evening.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

Ran just over 10 with my run buddy. It was sure nice to pass the time with a friend! It felt good...but I am tired now...that is the longest I've run in a while. I have had severe cramping issues since...just be sitting there and all of the sudden leg cramps happen. I am guessing my electrolytes are off.

Qotd: I donated some time to work today to get a jump on the week ahead. It is my day off from grandma duty. Got my eyebrows shaped up at the salon...that was fun.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Back for the QOTD: At home, entertaining the kids, after a very refreshing nap in front of the TV.

Run for fun.

No run today.

QOTD: I spent the day driving home from a hiking and backpacking trip in New England., but am home now.  We hit a few state high points (Hiked Mt Marcy, drove up Mt Washington, and hiked Mt Katahdin).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

I was supposed to do 20 miles early Sunday morning.  But instead was sitting by the phone waiting for an update from Mongolia on how our DD was doing after another heat-related bonk Saturday afternoon/evening.  As you know from my other Mongol Derby post she was not able to make another "comeback".  We were really concerned that if she pushed herself she might do some permanent damage. The medical staff then pulled her from the race, smart folks.  All in all a no-brainer that I was not doing the 2nd half of my b2b.

I ended up going for a run up the mountain single track later in the evening, I thought it would clear my head, but I have to tell you after going through all of the above my heart just wasn't in it.  Plus it was about 90 deg, my legs were just not churning.  Ended up with 6 mi.

qotd: at work (Monday morning here, a SRD physically and emotionally for me).

tbd.