Trailer Trash

Tired Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run.  I am tired from dealing with a busted hot water heater and flooded basement.  The house seems to be conspiring to spoil my plans.  The mountain bike trip was delayed, but I will be going in the next few days anyway barring other problems.  I hope the delay doesn't get me to far into wildfire season as they have already had one fire on my route this season.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

7 on the roads this morning.  May race a trail 5k this evening as part of a local summer series - see if I can get out of work in time.

QOTD:  World Cup - do you care, and do you watch?  I'm a casual soccer fan and a few of my kids play, so we're all into it and watching a number of the games (and it coincides nicely with the end of the school year and a desire to chill out before summer activities start).  Go USA!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  A wet one here today (but we need the moisture desperately, so no complaints), 43 and rainy at the trailhead this morning- when I hit the top of the ridge the rain changed colors Big grin   Amazingly I shaved 4 minutes off of my best time on this 6 mile route- wooot!

TT- hope you can pull off your trip, seems like things often happen at the worst time

qotd: very casual fan, but I'm watching some of it- watched the US defeat Ghana last night- exciting game; go US

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

QOTD: I am an on and off fan.  I have paid zero attention this year.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TT- hope you can pull off your trip, seems like things often happen at the worst time

It seems the snow is melting slower than I thought so maybe the timing will actually be better.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that wildfire season won't be an issue.  On the down side there are currently already three fires burning in Idaho.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Chnaiur

It's been a while, so I thought I would check in. I have a new job and a new house that needs renovation, so life is very busy right now.

I haven't really been enjoying my long runs this year, so I've cut back drastically on them. I still run six times per week, but only 2-5 miles on high effort. I really enjoy the change of pace, and the loop near my house is awesome: push straight up 900-ft high Mt. Sutro on the stairs, and bomb down on narrow, winding trails. Total time: 25 minutes, and a real fun run!

That's what I'm doing today.

QOTD: watched a few minutes yesterday, and was actually amazed by the beauty of the game. I have never been into watching any sport after I had to spend every saturday watching soccer with my dad and granddad, so this was surprising.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

AT-runner

Tim

88 degrees with high humidity.  I was slow, slow, slow today, but got 90 minutes in.  You know it's going to be a hot one when you are sweating just putting on the bug spray.

Chnaiur - when life gets hectic, the long runs lose some interest for me as well because I keep thinking of  all the things I could/should be doing.  Hang in there, it will pass.

QOTD:  All three kids played soccer, and I hated how pushy parents / coaches were.   Coaches kept insisting that my kids HAD to play soccer all year to help the team, and I kept insisting that no kid should play one sport all year long (overuse injuries, burnout, etc.).  I saw more parents get tossed out of soccer games than I did while coaching Little League baseball.  I was like "hey man it's U12 soccer, who the heck cares".

But yes, I'm watching.  I tend to watch all major sporting events.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

88 degrees with high humidity.  I was slow, slow, slow today, but got 90 minutes in.  You know it's going to be a hot one when you are sweating just putting on the bug spray.

Amen to that.  92 F and humid here right now and to be hotter tomorrow.  Getting out at the crack of dawn helps though.  I hate hot weather.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Hi all (and good to hear from sugnim yesterday and chnauir today!).  Hot and humid here, so I got to the gym for a couple of miles on the treadmill and a strength workout.  It should cool off enough to fit in another 3 miles tonight at dusk.

TT--my heart went out for Marley yesterday.  I hope you've moved your stuff and/or he's not heartbroken to get left behind when you're able to hit the road.  Dogs are smart.  I had a spaniel that knew my running shoes from other similarly looking shoes.  She did not like to get left behind, either.

qotd:  not normally, but it is easier to keep up with increased coverage this time.  It really is an elegant sport, and I do enjoy watching.   Glad the kiddos didn't really take to it, though.  Soccer is big (read: competitive parents) around here.

Gator eye

Took the dog for a walk through the woods this morning to chase things. He seemed pleased although he kept looking back like he was saying whats taking you so long.

QOTD: What's this soccer you guys are talking about? I never played, watched or even held a soccer ball. I don't know the rules, heck I don't even know how long a game last. Besides it's baseball season, why would any true blooded American watch soccer when there's baseball to watch or listen to.

Daydreamer1

Had a nice 13 mile run this morning before it got too hot.

TT -- I feel your pain. When we were on vacation several weeks ago I almost dreaded the kids calling because something was breaking almost every day for the first week, including the water heater.

QOTD: I love soccer. It's my favorite sport to watch. That being said though, I probably won't watch any of the world cup games because we don't have TV and I haven't been able to find any live games on the internet.  I was all excited about it this year then the coach left Landon Donovan off the team and that kind of spoiled it for me simply because I felt it was more about politics then about the game.

Daydreamer1

QOTD: What's this soccer you guys are talking about? I never played, watched or even held a soccer ball. I don't know the rules, heck I don't even know how long a game last. Besides it's baseball season, why would any true blooded American watch soccer when there's baseball to watch or listen to.

Because we don't want to fall asleep between pitches .   Before I discovered soccer we would go to at least one MLB game a year. I'd always worry I was going to fall asleep and get hit by a ball. A lot more action in soccer.  (unless Mitch "the wild thing" Williams was pitching).

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Agree with AT, TT and traildc, it is a bit on the warm side today. 4.5 miles at 89 degrees and 60% humidity was all I could crank out in full sun on blacktop before I started feeling it to the point where I got lightheaded. Could not make it onto the trails because of my boys. DH at work, and DD meeting for a school project left me in charge, so up and down the lane it had to be. Maybe a trail run at night. QOTD: I occasionally watch a game, but have not planned anything out. I read results and comments in the German online news, and for them, soccer is a life or death endeavor, not a game at all, and the fans can get quite ugly if Germany loses a game.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Planning a long (for me...1.5 hours) at the state park. It is warm here...but nice and breezy. Should be a good time.

Qotd: I will not watch soccer. I don't enjoy watching g any team sport except occasionally football.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Not sure what I'm doing today. Very busy at work because I'll be out of the office for the next 2 weeks. I even have a phone conference scheduled while I'm up in WY. The crazy busy is a good distraction from taper madness though.

Qotd: yup! I played in high school and coached my DS' youth team a few years. But I'm not an avid fan, just during the World Cup. I also have acquaintances from lots of other countries so that also makes it fun to watch (and email back and forth).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL