Trailer Trash

Day before another Monday Sundaily (Read 27 times)

moonlightrunner

The weekend is going by so fast...I can't believe it is almost over.

I am at the trailhead waiting for my run buddy. I got here early and did 5 in the dark. We are going to do another 16. It will be nice to run with her again....I do enjoy having a run buddy for long runs.

Qotd: What are the most notable signs of fall inyour area now? We have leaves turning already. There is a sprinkle of red leaves on the trail and the woods is thinning out. However...we are forecast for out hottest weather of the summer this week. It is supposed to hit 90. Yuck!

Happy trails to all today!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Marley and I had a nice, fairly cool, 4 mile morning trail run.

On the weekend thing...  Since I am retired weekends are the worst part of the week.  So, I look forward to Mondays.

QOTD: Nothing major yet.  The end of summer spider webs and the nuts on the ground are the most noticeable.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Heading out for 12 with the wife and the puppy. We plan to roll along some buffed out single track in the Snow Basin ski areas. One of our favorite spots. After that, we're going to go pick up trash on a heavily used trailhead on private property. It's a trail that trail runners almost never use, but hikers and families use it all the time because it goes to a waterfall above my house. I can't believe how much shit they throw around up there.

QOTD: We got some snow above 10,000 yesterday, but that's a fluke. We still have wildflowers up that high. Otherwise, no real sign of fall yet.

Daydreamer1

I probably get in a short 4-5 mile walk later this evening. That's all the ankle seems ready for.

QOTD: Certain trees are starting to have changes in their leaves. While still green they are a lighter green. I'm not sure what type of tree it is, I'm horrible with identifying trees, but I've noticed that this is one of the first signals that summer is ending. Also the grass in my yard becomes tougher and the crab grass starts to sprout more.

Brian Runner

Rest day after Saturday's 40 mile mostly rail-trail run.

QOTD: The first thing I notice every year is mornings and nights being that little bit cooler. Day time temps can still be pretty warm. Run times also get adjusted a little bit due to the shorter daylight hours, or else darkness must be planned for.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Taking a week off from running to hopefully let whatever inflammation in my hip joint die down.  Almost done with the week.  Anyway, been on the bike lately.  I'll do that again today.  This weather sucks for running anyway.  We're living in soup at the moment.

QOTD:  LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.  Fall is not coming.  Nope.  It's gonna stay summer forever here.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Surviving Charter's crash. No big deal except with the big draft later today I was freakin' a little.  Heading out now for an hour of trails in the Arb despite the soup conditions. The lawn mowing (moaning)  later will be a bitch.  I'll try to get some weights and core in next to a fan.

Mandy--You should see how badly eroded some places at Blue Mounds are looking now and yesterday the trails were still open for bikes with fresh tracks going thru the mud. Joke.  Of course the the holier than thou bikers that run things out there will blame the few trail runners for all things evil in the world.

QOTD--really no signs of fall around here to speak of. Oh wait, the Packers losing more players to injury, yup fall is about here!

runtraildc

Got in my ten miler road race this morning.  Not too ugly, but nothing to brag about.  Weather has done a complete turn around from yesterday, so I'm getting out to enjoy some more sun.

qotd:  nothing yet here.   shorter days is the only thing I'm noticing.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Done with work, and soon heading out to the trails. The weather is wonderfull, no soup here!

Kelly: You just jogged my memory - I now remember, there was a huge waterfall at ES100, we crossed below it in the night. What a spectacular sight. Must have been around mile 75.

Harrier: I can relate to the MTBer /runner dilemma

Same here. 

Traildc: Congrats on finishing the race! From what I remember, you were probably still considerably faster than I would have been!

QOTD: Usually we have red leaves on the ground in mid-July already, very few, then more in August - nothing this year. So, fall is not here yet. 

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Big Dual Sport motorcycle race in the woods today so DW and I went to a section of the AT away from all of the noise.  During our 10 miles run we saw over 50 hikers which is a record for us.  Most were from a hiking club from the DC area, and were dropped off by bus and hiking 9 miles one way.  Very nice people and we talked to a few hikers who were well into their 70's.

QOTD:  Some early leaves changing, and I'm closing up the pool today, so that always feels like fall.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

A rough few days in NY. The funeral was tough, but some funny memories as well. My BIL and I used to go to a lot of concerts together, I tell ya you haven't lived unless you've spent 5 or 6 hours at an electric Hot Tuna show (Jorma was my BIL's fav.)

I did manage to sneak in runs of 5, 4 and 10 miles while up here. Nice and cool. I needed them. We stayed with friend who live very close to this, so I ran this trail all 3 days.

Now headed back to TX.

qotd: agree with MM on this one.

QOTD:  LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.  Fall is not coming.  Nope.  It's gonna stay summer forever here.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy: Beautiful trail!

I caught the sad news about your BIL a couple days ago - my condolences. This is a tough year for you and your family, it seems. Stay strong!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good run with Jo and the pup. We saw 8 grouse, 14 turkeys and a moose.

Watoni

Just a sweet coast loop on the bike this am. Legs a bit tired form yesterday's run, but ok. Need a week off soon.

Gator eye

I got 30 in on the dirt roads this morning

QOTD. Maple trees are looking dull and