Trailer Trash

who is ready for retirement Mondaily? (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

me!   I just want to elk hunt when ever I want, ditto on running, hiking, backpacking, etc

got in a nice 4-ish mile recovery hike in with Tiny E yesterday- just what the doctor ordered!

qotd: anyone try the paleo or similar diet?  DW is doing it now, which means my diet is slowly changing as well 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Mtwarden, didn’t you already retire once?

5.3 miles of hill repeats.

QOTD I’m pretty much on the seefood diet, I see it and I eat it. That’s why I’m 230 pounds and not losing weight.

AT-runner

Tim

No running today, unless I run from the car to the bank a lunch.

Good title for today. Just had to demote my office manager and changed her title to business manager.  Made another person HR manager and scrapped the office manager title. Not a fun conversation, but her micromanagement of the front staff was resulting in an internal war, and I have a no-drama policy in the office. Final straw was berating an employee in front of patients. That's a big no-no.

QOTD:  My diet is seasonal.  Right now it Halloween candy season and then a short rest before Christmas cookie season.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Did not run yesterday. Once it was time to head out the rain started pouring down so I wimped out and decided to do a hour on the elliptical.

No run today due to working.  I'm very much ready for retirement, but unless I get injured and go out on disability, or have someone die and give me lots of money, like a million or two,  it ain't gonna happen for at least another 10 years, most likely 15 years.  It's not that I hate my job, it's the people that I have to work with that I hate.

QOTD: Last year when I was  in the gym I ate a higher protein diet. DD is on a low carb diet right now and since she really needs to lose a lot of weight I'll probably eat a little more like that for awhile.

runtraildc

Hi all,  yesterday ended up a rest day, with some yoga to stretch some tight spots out. Between the wind and the rain, I just wasn't feeling it. And the treadmill wasn't an enticing option either. I will run during swim practice tonight. The winds are supposed to die down and falling limbs will be less of a concern. Just those rutting bucks that are trying to round up their doe harems.

qotd: No, I like beans far too much and those aren't allowed on paleo. I try to keep on a 'everything in moderation' diet, except when it comes to sugar. This week it's called the 'Halloween candy' diet. My waistline is moving in the wrong direction, though.

Daydreamer1

Good title for today. Just had to demote my office manager and changed her title to business manager.  Made another person HR manager and scrapped the office manager title. Not a fun conversation, but her micromanagement of the front staff was resulting in an internal war, and I have a no-drama policy in the office. Final straw was berating an employee in front of patients. That's a big no-no.

Why are so many of the office managers in medical offices so difficult to deal with?  It's like they really hate everyone around them.

XtremeTaper

No, not ready for retirement in the mind or in the bank, though I could enjoy a life of running, hiking, and golfing with "no work". I think I'd have to find something else to do as well. Ask me again next year.

Planet of fitness day today, and perhaps a short run after work. After all my knee whining last week things seemed to stabilize and I did manage 5 short runs last week including a slow but nice 7 miler on Saturday. Maybe this is just the new me?

QOTD: Nope, last time I checked I was not living in a cave or wearing a loin cloth so no paleo diet for me. I am trying to eat a bit healthier, have a vegetarian dinner once or twice a week, and fish/salmon, as opposed to all meat all the time. This week's vegetarian meal will be garden lasagna. It's really good. Portabello musroom, spinach, zucchini, onion, roma tomatoes and of course mozzarella cheese.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Planet of fitness day today, and perhaps a short run after work. After all my knee whining last week things seemed to stabilize and I did manage 5 short runs last week including a slow but nice 7 miler on Saturday. Maybe this is just the new me?

I'm with you.

Glad you are at least getting out, I thought for a while you and I would have to move to the Golfing Forum.

AT-runner

Tim

Why are so many of the office managers in medical offices so difficult to deal with?  It's like they really hate everyone around them.

Good question, but an accurate observation.  They all start out great, but one thing I can't tolerate is abusively correcting someone, especially when others hear it. No place for that.

I started the conversation off by telling her all the good things she does, and then hit her with the bad.  I tried to explain to her why that works well when dealing with an issue instead of starting out by yelling or berating. We'll see if she learns.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up early and for the first time actually ran in the woods in the dark, alone.  I have ran alone in the dark before but stayed on the roads, which is just silly as the same animals are on the road as in the woods.  I also got to the top of the ridge in time to watch a breath taking sunrise.  6.5 miles.

Good title Warden as I was just looking at a part time job I was thinking of applying for and then retire.  I planned on retiring this Decemebr but still haven't really pulled the trigger yet.  Have an apt with CalPERS (retirement) 11/15 to have a little talk about options and such.

QOTD:  No I have not because I love bread but I work with two people who had a lot of success with Paleo.  I also have a friend that does ironmans.  She has a rather large ass and thighs.  She is doing 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs and she lost tons of weight, no more fat ass and thighs.    I am however once again starting to control what I eat because I really need to lose 5 pounds.  My husband had these hippy friends come over and the guys pants were falling off.  The girlfriend told me she has him on a diet he is unaware of.  She bought smaller paper plates so he is naturally eating less without knowing it. 

AT:  So tired of supervising people!  My friend is a teacher and she tells me how bad the kids are.  I let her know I have the same problems but they are adults!!!

XT:  Thanks for the dinner suggestion..  Do you still use noodles or cut the zucchini like a noodle?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Queenie - Still use the noodles.. the easy no boil ones.

Here is the recipe.. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/64599/sauceless-garden-lasagna/

I added just a small amount of tomato sauce in the layers.

No dogs on your run today? I've done that a few times and it feels weird. Sounds like a nice morning though.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 3 this morning. I am pretty much done until Saturday. I'll walk a few miles tomorrow night at Trick or Treat, but that is about it.

QOTD: I just eat whatever, but I try to stay away from too much sugary stuff. It isn't hard because I don't really have a sweet tooth.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No the dogs were there of course....they only make it worse because they stop and look into the woods.  So when I try to look the headlamp makes moving dark shadows...but I reminded myself an animal has reflective eyes.  I've made a similar lasagna but will try this tonight.

Queenie - Still use the noodles.. the easy no boil ones.

Here is the recipe.. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/64599/sauceless-garden-lasagna/

I added just a small amount of tomato sauce in the layers.

No dogs on your run today? I've done that a few times and it feels weird. Sounds like a nice morning though.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am ready but prolly never going to be able to retire.  I see myself working until 80. 

No run yet today.  Not sure what I will run later.

AT: I am sure you handled it with dignity!

QOTD: I am with Muppy - pretty much a seefood diet.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

AT -  Any Idea What  the trails are like over at Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve?  They have a 5-10-15k in November that I might do if DW wants to.