Trailer Trash

Standard Time Weekender (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Extra hour of sleep tonight. So in reality it just means I'll be up and hour earlier tomorrow. 

Go LB Go !!!   Here's the Pinhoti Tracker to follow along.  Burke is Bib #2.

Heading out to run on the AT. We're getting a late start today since we did some house chores first while waiting for the fog to clear.

QOTD:  Current favorite trail shoe?  I'm asking because I can't get my favorite Inov8's anymore. They discontinued the Trailroc 255's a while back and I had 3 pairs stocked up. Now sadly, the last par is ready to be retired. I also wear Lone Peaks, but they're not as protective as the Trailroc's for the PA rocky terrain.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

7.3 miles last night. It’s a perfect fall day and I plan to get out for a few miles after work tonight.

Go Burke!!!

AT, I’m with you on just waking up another hour earlier, now I’ll be up 2 hours before my alarm every day.

QOTD I have trouble finding some to fit my fat feet so I just wear my Brooks Glycerin.

runtraildc

Happy weekender, everyone. Just came back from 3.5 miles with a friend and her dog. She hasn't been on the trails much, nor running for that matter, so it was a good distance. Her lab mix came along, and he knows when he sees me, it means woods and running. It's nice to be appreciated in that manner.

Kiddo #2 went to a run clinic earlier. Very interesting, and I think very helpful, especially for his hip issues. Now it's a matter of putting some new practices into habit.

qotd: I'm back in love with Brooks Cascadias. Though I just ran in a long retired pair of road shoes (brooks launch) that I forgot to change out of. I could have used the extra cushion and traction on the leaves and hidden rocks and roots.

AT-runner

Tim

We had a very fun yet treacherous run on the AT from Old Forge heading South.  Laves and sun / shadows made for a slow go.  This section has torn up DW in the past, ans we both made it without falling. That's a first for her in this area. The slow pace helped us stay sure footed, but I still had 4-5 really good near falls after toe stubs. Now we need some wind to clear the leaves.

LB was through 18.27 last I saw. Hope weather is good for him.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nice 7 mile run in a local park even if it was on a paved trail.

qotd: Trail shoe? I use Brooks Glycerin for everything.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing... LB has hit 40 miles...

qotd:  Still looking.  I want to find a hig drop shoe.

DC:  saw the nes Casadia's and they look good..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2 mile hike early with the fam. Griz pulled off a squeaker of a win to keep their playoff hopes alive 

qotd: Pearl Izumi N2's or N3's, unfortunately PI has discontinued all their shoes save biking shoes. Just broke out two new pairs to rotate, two more new pairs in reserve- then it will be time to find new shoes.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi along the river in ABQ yesterday. Flew home yesterday afternoon.  Slept in today and plan to do a few miles later. Back to tropical conditions.

Go Burke, keep moving!!!!!

qotd: mostly wear road shoes, but I do have a pair of ASICS Fuji Trabucos, they are similar to my road shoes but have better lugs and a rock plate. The only thing I don’t like is they don’t drain well.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Nice day yesterday.  The leaves in the area that I work are actually quite nice. A lot of yellow and gold, mixed with green and reds. Some areas are real nice, some not very nice.   Getting ready to head out into a cold drizzle for a few miles or maybe it will be another elliptical workout.

Trying to follow LB2 but either the tracker is not working or he's having problems. Doesn't show that he's moved since midnight .

QOTD:  Hoka Speedgoats for anything rough. Bondis for easy trails. Speedgoats have done well for me and don't feel like they have a real high stack height like some of the Hokas.

muppy

8.3 miles on the Hershey Park cross country course last night. Only half of it is uphill.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 14 today in the chill...but at least no rain.  Yea Burke appears to be at a stand still  at lets it doesn't say dropped.  Must not be working.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Woke up way too early to light rain and fog.  No  rain in forecast, but rained all morning, so did some treadmill miles.  Yuck, and now knee is a bit sore. Should have just gone out in the rain, but I wasn't feeling it.

Hope LB is alright and didn't suffer any injuries.

AT-runner

Tim

8.3 miles on the Hershey Park cross country course last night. Only half of it is uphill.

Must have gone right after they were done with the State XC Championship Meet.  I didn't go for first time in years. That's a tough course.

GC100k

I was out for a couple hours on the AT and a connecting trail with my kids. Drizzled all day, but was fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Why weren't you guys following my race?!??!? Kidding, anyone know how/if Burke got it done?

My 50k went well.  It was actually 33+ miles of wet, slippery, muddy bliss.  Took a nasty fall around mile 7.  This was possibly my most consistent race,  I ran most of it with the exception of the big climbs.  And they were steep! Finished in 7:42 thanks to a chatty cathy that would not leave me for the last 14 miles.  It really helped though.  We just kept chugging along.  Now to get some sleep.

QOTD: Hoka Challengers - they drained very well for me today.

Have a good night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday