Trailer Trash

Late Thursdailies (Read 27 times)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Where is everyone?

I did 6 trail miles this morning, breaking in a new pair of trail shoes. 39* at the trailhead but

quickly warmed up when I was done, it was nice.

QOTD: Who's using calf compression sleeves? Do they help?

LB2

7 after work.

QOTD: No. I don't use them.

LB2

muppy

9.5 on the trail last night, today is SRD.

QOTD I don't use compression sleeves, but I was wondering if they would help?

Low_O2

Got out for 8 miles in the desert with the dog this morning. Felt pretty chilly today compared to the last couple weeks.

QOTD: I wore them for all my long runs and races last year. I had some calf pain(Likely a minor strain) and it seemed to help reduce the pain associated with that. Beyond that, they felt good. I haven't been wearing them this year and have been fine, so hard to say how much they help. I will probably wear them for my 50 miler since I feel like there is some benefit.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just couldn't get out of bed need to run after work but have company.  Since's the compay is my husband's friend I am hoping they will be off junking so I can run after wrok before we barbeque.

QOTD:  I wore compression socks for 12 years while attending catholic high school.  I had  to wear knee highs that strangled my large calves....I will never wear compression socks again!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Bike to work day, so I did a quick commute. Need to pick up my mom from the airport this evening so likely no running.

QOTD: No, so no idea. Lace has inspired me to try them, though.

Gator eye

Nothing today, trying to let my sore calf heal up a little before this weekends marathon. I have a nagging thought of DNS in the back of my mind, I don't want to screw up my 50 the beginning of next month. Will see.

Not using calf sleeves but the thought has crossed my mind lately.

Sandy-2

3 mile "instant run" this morning.  It was really warm and humid, a "sweat-ball" even within only 3 miles.  I'm sitting in a hotel conference room in an all-day committee meeting today - Uuuuugh!!!

qotd: I only wear them for recovery after long (about 15 mi) runs.  I don't wear them when running, they are too warm for me.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

My apologies for asking a QOTD we just had a separate thread about a month ago, I should

have checked first. Carry on.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

Got in 5 miles yesterday and the legs felt pretty good.  I'm going to take it pretty easy the remainder of this week.  It is the fiancé's BDay today so I will be frantically trying to clean the house before she gets home.

QOTD: I don't wear them, I have, I'm not sold.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I busted out some mountain mileage this morning and it was awesome!

QOTD: I use them in all my ultras and I believe they reduce my recovery time. Even if they don't, I like how they make my calves feel, so that's all I need.