Trailer Trash

Forgotten Thursdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran this morning in the soupy air.  Nothing exciting, just a run.   Had lunch with my mom and sister, and logged on and no daily yet.  People running long, sleeping in or working too hard.

QOTD:  Bed time routine (keep it PG13, Warden).  TV, book, meditation, late night snack, etc.?  I read my Kindle at night and usually read about an hour as DW snores gently next to me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 7+ this morning in the same soupy stuff as AT.  At least it looks like a cool down for the weekend.

And I think it's someone's birthday today? And anniversary? Right AT?!?! 

QOTD: I usually fall asleep watching some Netflix.  That's about it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back to the salt mines for me- a two day work week, what’s this world coming to? 

probably take Tiny E out after work for a few miles, back into the 80’s for us today and tomorrow, then back to more seasonable 70’s

qotd: PG13, hmmmm.... I usually partake in an IPA or two, a little Netflix and/or computer time, then it’s time to get ah... busy, yeah busy, that’s it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's finally stopped raining here. Hallelujah!  I was going to run yesterday, but wound up having an emergency root canal instead.  I know, right?  At some point my life has to not be so horrible all the time...

I plan on running tonight for 5 miles or so.

QOTD: Well, I'm not really sure yet.  I need to establish my own bedtime routine by myself now.  So, who knows?

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning.

QOTD:  Dinner, TV, bed.  Need to get some reading in there too.

AT:  Happy day...birthday and Anniversary...Jess going to treat you like a king today or do you still have to treat her like a queen being her Anniversary and all?

MT:  Please!!!  busy sleeping

Mandy:  How exciting your own routine!!    My suggestion, make a light dinner, drink some wine tea and read.  Than mediate in the bedroom for 10 minutes and a deep sleep. I know, I know, too soon!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Hey, today is 9/6 and apparently someone's b-day and anniversary.... there has to be something clever (or naughty) in these three things.... in any case, enjoy your big day AT!

It's 92 out right now.  I'm praying with all my might for a thunderstorm before my run, even if during the run.

QOTD:  Take the dog out for his last pee of the night, pee myself, brush teeth, then snuggle with the cat.... sometimes I mess up the order, but I usually get it all accomplished.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy:  How exciting your own routine!!    My suggestion, make a light dinner, drink some wine tea and read.  Than mediate in the bedroom for 10 minutes and a deep sleep. I know, I know, too soon!

Sue, I must say, as depressed as I am, I do appreciate you being my own personal cheerleader!

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Ugh. It's 94 degrees here, but on a good note, the humidity has dropped. Tomorrow will be about 10 degrees cooler. By Sunday, it will be 30 degrees cooler. Oh, so that means I won't be doing what I did earlier-- a short treadmill run at the gym. However, I also went to the tough yoga class and my hips are all de-kinked. I'll leave it at that.

qotd: I'm the first in our entire household to retire at night. Early to bed, early to rise. I usually get some reading in after toothbrush time.

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Happy day...birthday and Anniversary...Jess going to treat you like a king today or do you still have to treat her like a queen being her Anniversary and all?

Thanks for the birthday and anniversary wishes.  Dinner and a craft beer or two tonight.  We're meeting  DS for the beer part.

Tonight we plan on spending a long long time in the bedroom.... packing for our trip. 

And Mandy, we're all cheering for you. I told you our DS went through the same thing, and a few months later he has a awesome new girlfriend, who is so much better for him than the girl he was with.  The same will happen for you.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I second that!!  but maybe a boy  or if you are ok with a girl I am ok with that too...for you I mean. 

And Mandy, we're all cheering for you. I told you our DS went through the same thing, and a few months later he has a awesome new girlfriend, who is so much better for him than the girl he was with.  The same will happen for you.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, I'm sure your DS is a lot younger than me, and I have absolutely zero intentions of dating for at least a year, but thank you.  I am trying to figure out if now is the time to make some drastic life decisions.  I have until summer of 2019 to figure that out...that's when I'll need to decide whether or not to renew my apartment lease.  So...trying to concentrate on other things and taking things one day at a time right now.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

One of the times I was out here last year I wanted to do a specific loop in the Indian Peaks Wilderness(been on my list for a few years) but the deep snow lingered way later than usual so I did some other trails but since I had time this morning I headed over to it. It's a 16 mile loop so while I wanted to do the whole thing I thought a little better with a race on Sat. so I did 10 miles in there to check it out. Yup, it's a good one and will have to do it next year. Beautiful morning, starting out in the 40's with sun but it's now 57F with a light drizzle. Gonna lay around the rest of the day and tomorrow too.

Mike--No need with traction devices. It is all good here and the forecast looks stellar over the next 7-10 days.

Bert-o--Had to keep my count going so I took in a small brew pub in Nederland. Not too shabby at all in this old vagabond town. Tonight is the start of the NFL so I may wander down to Idaho Springs to another brew house and watch some football.

Mandy-Glad to hear our rain has finally stopped. The last couple weeks have been insane.  Hope you can keep your spirits up and I agree with everything else said.

AT--congrats.

QOTD--Early to bed here and early riser. I finish watching Rachel Maddow, then a couple minutes of Lawrence,(yeah I know, fake news) finish my Bourbon old fashion and hit the pillow. I fall asleep in minutes.

Sandy-2

Another rest day. I made an appointment for Monday to see the doctor about my knee, so of course it is feeling a little better now. But I've been icing it at work today which I didn't do on Tues and Wed.  We'll see. I've got exactly 3 weeks to get better.

MM - hang in there just take it slow, ya never know what'll happen.

qotd: We tend to do "busy" stuff earlier in the evening  .   At bedtime after brushing, I surf the net a little on the phone and conk out.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Still waiting for it to cool off enough before running today. Of course the forecast also says t-storms tonight after the end of the heat advisory at 7:00 pm. A rest day wouldn't hurt, but I'd really like to get out for a few.

qotd: Check the sports scores of any of my favorite teams that might be playing; final check of FB, RA forums, and email; put away my snacks and brush my teeth; read in bed until sleepy. On weekends also check on status of any friends running races along with RA and FB.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Well, I'm sure your DS is a lot younger than me, and I have absolutely zero intentions of dating for at least a year, but thank you.  I am trying to figure out if now is the time to make some drastic life decisions.  I have until summer of 2019 to figure that out...that's when I'll need to decide whether or not to renew my apartment lease.  So...trying to concentrate on other things and taking things one day at a time right now.

Actually just by a couple of years.

As I told our DD#1 many years ago, pick a location you want to see and go for it.  Damn girl listened to me and moved to Portland, OR, and is probably never moving back East, so maybe not my best advice, but she's happy.