Trailer Trash

Throw up Thursday (Read 32 times)

LB2

I hope to get 5 after work.

QOTD: Overall, how is your running going right now?

Running is getting better everyday. I always take a little break during the spring turkey season, but I really didn't take much of a break until after it was over this year. I am in no rush to ramp things up right now. I just want to rebuild a solid base and launch from there later in the summer. I have a 50 miler in Sept., but nothing any longer than that until next March.

LB2

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran 7 last night on the trails of Monocacy Hill. Decent run but on the edge of the slow side for this loop and considering the cool weather sort of a surprise. Not that I was racing it but still. Anyway, doesn't really matter. I am just cranking out some miles and getting close to taper. Even cooler here today... lower 50's right now. I think the plan will be for a mid-distance run around Green Lane Reservoir. We usually do shorter loops or out/backs there but I think we will do the whole 12-13 miles around the lake tonight.

QOTD: I am pretty happy with my running right now. Weekly mileage in the 60's, sometimes nipping the 70's, except for cutback weeks. No niggles or issues to report. It's springtime, the weather is mild and warm again, the woods are green, and the mountain laurel is about to bloom. Yes, it is good.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunchtime 5 planned for the day.  Have my new Cascadia's that I got from REI for $85  buckoo's.

QOTD:  OK, went on vacation and didn't run which meant I also missed out on 2 long runs but then ran Sunday 20 miles and felt ok.  So feeling good.  I am in the crunch time right now training wise for my 50 miler end of July.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

4.5 miles last night.

QOTD I'm  doing pretty good! I'm trying to keep my pace slow so I can build a solid base back up,and hopefully get  healthy .

AT-runner

Tim

3 miles on the treadmill with heavy rains falling down.  Just going to ignore the left foot. Going to be nice weather Saturday and pretty cool over night.  Now I need to pack some gloves, hat and tights just in case.  When I get a bit dehydrated I need some warm clothes.  2 years ago a few runners were walking around with blankets on at 2am trying to stay warm.

QOTD:  Distance wise feel great.  I had a strong winter and early spring but now I'm dealing with my first ever foot injury, likely due to repeatedly over flexing the big toe while coming up the steep south rim. If I had time to rest (or if I was younger again) I'd be fine.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi all, raining here and about 25* cooler than yesterday.  Still trying to shake this fatigue to get motivated to run.  I will get out today, even if it just to the gym.  Good news is that we have solid weekend plans for the beach and I'll be motivated to run there.

Have my new Cascadia's that I got from REI for $85  buckoo's.

Mine arrived yesterday!  They feel nice (for walking and driving), but I will test them out on the trails tomorrow, hopefully.

qotd:  May has sucked, so far.  April ended nicely with a race, then between glute issues, tooth problems and a root canal (and subsequent meds), I have barely made it out running.   Things are turning around, though.  I might break 50 miles before the month is over. 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Taking a rest day today. I am hoping to get in some good runs over the weekend but we'll see.  My IT band on my right knee is rebelling a tad.

Things have been crazy in my house this week.  Lice problems (see yesterdays posts), oldest DS has 24 hr stomach thing, AC broke again (thankfully its not needed now with cooler/dryer temps).  Such is life!

AT - you better be careful on that toe/foot this weekend.  Best of luck

DC/Queen - I looked for my size of Cascadia's and no dice.  That was a good price.  I would have pulled the trigger.

QOTD: Actually it's going well in the month of May (knock on wood).  I have already eclipsed my previously high for mileage in the last 18 months and there is a third of the month yet to go.  I have to be careful not to overdo it though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dpc3

Got in a walk with both dogs (yellow dog can't run with me anymore) then took the devil dog out for a quick 3 miler before heading into work. Riding my bike into work has been halted due to something going on. I'm thinking an untrue rear tire but we will see.

QOTD: Slowly building back up to longer distances. I have some work to do.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Got over another day at work and getting ready for a few miles soon. Light drizzle and freezing cold here, temps in the low 50's. I wish it was summer again, where did it go? 

If you find it, please send it right back over here!

QOTD: Pretty good, I recovered from the MMT100 within a few days. I am planning an "active recovery" for the next two or three weeks, with moderate mileage, then I might get ready for another 100M in late summer. Still looking for a challenging course not too far away from central PA (driving distance, which means not much more than 300 miles from central PA). Suggestions welcome!

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Marie - are you a glutton for punishment????? 

Well we're happy to feed right into it:

-Beast of Burden – NY – Aug 8th

-24 hour trail event http://www.viperseries.com/viper-24/ Sept 19-20 VA

-Grindstone 100 – Oct 2 – VA

-Pine Creek Challenge – Sept 12 – disclaimer – FLAT

-Clousplitter – KY – Oct 3 http://www.cloudsplitter100.com/CSHome.shtml

-Burning River – OH – July 25

Edit: Last I checked - OC still had openings in the hundred.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Spent all day running around. First it was a eye Doctor appointment with DW. She has a early onset of cataracts, probably from taking steroids for a eye problem when she was younger. Then we went shopping at Sam's Club and several other places. Apparently everyone was out preparing for the weekend because all the stores were jammed.  Now I'm planning on heading out the door in a few minutes for a real run, somewhere between 6-8 miles on the road. It's supposed to be 58 degrees, but it feels much colder.

QODT: Greatly reduced but better. I switched to the bike to prepare for a long ride I have planned so running mileage is way, way down. However, when I do run I'm faster then I have been in quite a while. This past winter I just felt really slow. The middle of April it seemed like I was finally starting to get faster. I was afraid that switching to the bike might cause me to lose some speed but that hasn't happened yet.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did you go online?  They didn't have my size in the color I wanted before the sale but on sale day they had it.  I would check again.

DC/Queen - I looked for my size of Cascadia's and no dice.  That was a good price.  I would have pulled the trigger.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just shy of 5 miles on the bike path. Somewhat slower than I had thought, but I am not all sure because as usual, I didn't really look at the clock when I left the house.

Jamie: Maybe I feel a need to repent? Make a pilgrimage to divine sites? 

I was eyeing the Bear 100, but that involves a lot of traveling and thus is too expensive. Would be a nice challenge beyond ES100, though.

Virgil Crest and Superior Sawtooth are still on the list, too. Grindstone sounds good, I'll look into that one, or maybe Burning River. I've heard good things about Burning River.

Anyone run Bear 100, or Big Horn (Sandy?)?

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

7.5 easy ones today on some very technical trails - I followed this up by grabbing some groceries and, upon returning home, turned the truck around to wait for my eldest to get home from school. This is a thing I have done hundreds of times. But today I tapped the gas meter that sits at the head of the driveway. Yeah. 911.

In the end there were no explosions and all is well, except that the incident uncovered some substandard things already in place and now they want to run a new line back to the house. 500 feet!

qotd: going considerably better than my day.. a few aches here and there, but I'm just beginning to increase the miles for a training cycle that will hopefully net me a 50k PR in late August

Sandy-2

SRD today (Friday).  A bunch of us from the office are going to the local pro baseball game tonight to see the Busan, Lotte Giants play.  Should be fun.

qotd: It's going well, bouncing between running up in the mountains on the trails and the flats along the river.  Just sort of maintaining a base before ramping up for UTMF in Sept.  Every once in a while I've been throwing in a long fatass, last month I did a 60k fatass in the mountains around the north of the city.

This is a photo at about a third of the way thru the run, looking North, the peak on the far right is the highest (and NW most) part of the jaunt.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL