Trailer Trash

Wednesdaiies (Read 26 times)

Daydreamer1

No one running or just no one posting?  Got in a short 6 miler now it's off to work for 8 hours.  Everyone have a good day.

QOTD: Pass. Don't have the time to post one. But then that brings up the question. Is anyone else going through an extremely busy time? Right now every time I turn around something else is showing up on my plate that I really don't have time for.

AT-runner

Tim

Forgot to bring running clothes, so no run today at lunch (now I sound like Queen.)  We have dinner plans tonight so looks like a URD.  Should get out tomorrow before the rain hits.

QOTD: Always seems busy this time of year. I'm juggling a lot, as well. Can't wit for 12/18 when DW and DD#2 and I jump on a plane to see our oldest 2 kids in Oregon for Christmas. Can't get here soon enough.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7 or 8 up the mountain this morning. While the temps down at the trailhead were in the upper 40's, there was fog higher up, and it was close to freezing. Some rain on top, so I turned around a bit before the summit. Those downhill miles then were COLD!

QOTD: Busy is my new middle name. With the new job now I work about twice as many hours as before, and I work both some in my old position, and most in my new one. They are short of people to begin with, and now there's someone sick almost every day, and I am there to cover. Good money, though.

DD1: Woohoo, you got your run in!

AT: Nice excuse - now just look out, Jamie's mileage is coming up to haunt you for the rest of the year!

Run for fun.

LB2

Five easy ones after work. Everything feels good. I could probably run Cajun Coyote in two weeks, but I plan to get there and run 20 with Kelly and at least 20 with my brother. Looks like I may be able to get some nice, long runs in this winter.

QOTD: I'm not too busy right now. But I just finished the busiest time of the year. Things are starting to wind down now. I love this time of year.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Typical ~7 mile trail loop at Coventry Woods at lunchtime with the Lady. I wore my watch. Time at the top of the ridge was good, 21:10 or something like that. Anything in the 21 range is good for the climb. Second checkpoint at the Lady's pond/water hole was about 34:30, again good, and that was it for the watch checking until I finish in 1:03:55, again a good time for the loop. So I guess it was a good run, eh?! Still great weather here but rain tomorrow.

QOTD: Just sort of regular busy right now. Last month was crazy with work and ICD10 regulations kicking in (I work hospital IT). Next month will really slow down with the holidays as major system changes are verboten during this time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run since my race.  I feel ok just kind of lacking motivation to run (which I knew would happen) and super busy.

QOTD: Uh, yes.  Just when I think things cannot get any busier, they do.  I think I just have to accept that is how my life will always be.  I seem to live within the "busyness"

Have a great evening!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Had short course of Cipro or I'm avoiding hills and speed for a while. Ran the easy trails at the local park and had some wildlife sightings including 3 deer, one a fawn, and the same little vole on 4 successive laps., also a great blue heron sharing the pond with several hundred Canadian geese.

QOTD: I work retail, 'nough said.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running with the mutts and the group after work for 6.  Tried posting earlier today and had no posting button.

QOTD:  A little bit but only because of company, vacation, pine needles falling,  and dogs who dig holes!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRD.  I ran 5.3 miles last night through the rain and the wind.

QOTD: Yes.  Work is a clusterfuck and a half.  I'm working extra and I'm exhausted.  I know I shouldn't be complaining because I don't have any kids, but yeesh.  Plus this time of the year always gets to me.  Just the constant darkness.  Ugh.  Sorry, I'll go be a ball of sunshine elsewhere...

Running is dumb.

muppy

5.7 yesterday on the road.

QOTD    I work a full-time job and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when I'm off and do landscaping all day. I am just finishing up my season in another week or two another week or two, and I am so glad I am! Now I can just be busy with regular life stuff.

moonlightrunner

I have not been able to run much the last couple of weeks. Only time available are very early mornings...when my motivation is low. But...the stars aligned and I had an awsome six miler with wonderful weather. Warm, a big wind and ended in the dark and driving rain. It was wonderful.

Qotd: I have been busy at work and at home with the grand kids. I am always hopeful things will even out and allow more consistent running.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

QOTD:  Last month was crazy with work and ICD10 regulations kicking in (I work hospital IT). Next month will really slow down with the holidays as major system changes are verboten during this time.

Ahhh. So you're one of those IT guys we all bitch about .  From your point of view ICD 10 may have been a big deal. For me it wasn't too bad. The one hospital system I work for was set up and good to go with it last year this time. On top of that I always charted in great detail so i don't have to change much.  Some of the people I work with are having some problems because they always charted as little as possible.