Trailer Trash

The Thursdaily (Read 34 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

It is warming up here...and they are finally getting the roads in shape. They should have things pretty passable...just in time for the freezing rain to come.

If I get my car back today I am going to head out to the state park for a run...after many days of no running.

qotd: pass...I can't think of anything interesting.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

It's only going to be about 68 degrees here today but I won't let that stop me from getting out for a run. I'm going to preview the Coldwater Rumble 100 mile course today. It's a 20 mile loop and I plan to take it nice and slow.

I got an invite to run a 24 hour race in Idaho yesterday. The race entry is free so I can't come up with a reason not to run it. Free is good.

I hope you all have a great day!

NorthernHarrier

Got in a decent run around the hood last night. Temp was -5F but after the last few days it actually seemed fine. Very little wind factor so that was a plus. I'll hope for a little longer run tonight if I can get off in a decent time. More time in the man cave this morning.

I have no qotd.

runtraildc

Morning!  Ended up with about 7 yesterday, between two sluggish runs.  It was the warmest in weeks (mid-20s) out, but was the most uncomfortable.  go figure.  Today is likely a rest day, with yoga at lunch.

Lace- what's the wind chill?

Moonlight- good luck with the car- hope you get a run in today

Harrier- thinking about Zumbro (17, not 100)

qotd:  what's the funniest thing you've seen at a race or running event? (I'll come back later once I think about my answer)

Morning all. Going out for a 7 mile tempo run later tonight. I really hate to say it but I'm liking this whole fast running thing (for now). We'll see how I feel by March.

QOTD: Funniest is difficult....   Oh, I guess it was the guy last week wearing a hydration pack for a road 5k 

The pooch and I had a great 7 mile trail run this morning.  The temp was almost up to the freezing point.

QOTD: I can't think of anything.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

Good morning all.  I'll be running home from work again this evening.  5-ish miles, likely.  I wish I could teach my dog to walk here on days when I run home from work.  When I get home in my running clothes, she gets so excited because she thinks we're going for a run together.  Poor dog.

QOTD:  In a road half marathon, 2 guys ran together in underwear & capes.  I called out, "Hey, your panties are showing," and they honestly seemed offended.  It was their offence that was funny to me.  

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning trashy trailers!

Went out yesterday with no real plan in mind other than 6 miles...the legs said "GO" so it ended up being a tempo run.  My watch was buried under layers and when I got back I found out that I had increased pace as I went and just about PR'd my 10k time with an average pace of 7:15 (sidewalks).  I haven't run like that in a long time...felt good!  I almost got hit by a car...I stopped in the middle of the intersection because it did not seem like the car approaching the intersection from the cross street saw me or had plans of stopping for the stop sign.  Another step and I would have been on the hood of his car.  I was also in the wrong as I was running on the right side of the street and not on the sidewalk...the days are almost long enough to get in a post-work trail run!

QOTD: At ironmaster's 50k there were about 20 guys peeing in the woods (no port-a-potties at all).  Everyone kept saying bathrooms that way and pointing to the chosen area.

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Feels late today because I started work at 5:30. Good thing about this is that a) it still counts as a work day, b) I'm done early and have the rest of the day to myself, and c) it leaves enough time for a nice run!

I'm heading out for a trail run with my running buddy, hoping yesterday's ice glaze (accumulation of compacted snow and freezing rain over the last week, which forms a solid cap of 2-3 inches thick ice over everything) has melted - despite below-freezing temps...

Never give up hope, right?

I guess I might pack my spikes, though.

For motivation, I just read about Werner Sonntag, he started running at age 39, ran 192 marathons and 147 ultras, and only stopped running and racing at age 86. At 83, he still ran the Berlin Marathon in Germany. Big inspiration for me!

QOTD: Did you accomplish your goal(s) in 2013?

Me: Yes, mostly. I finished my first 100-miler, but failed to surpass the 1,800 miles in 2013 by just a few steps. If I hadn't slacked so badly with my running in November, and with logging my runs in December, I might have come close to 2,000 miles, run, recorded and all. But it still was a very good year for me.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

runtrail-- I could maybe go for it. If you commit let me know and I'll join in the fun.

QOTD 1- A few years back I did a mtn. bike, trail run biathlon/duathlon thing and one of the entrants who wanted to look like a pro was taking apart his bike in the corral to get it ready. I mean really taking it COMPLETELY apart. Of course attracting a lot of attention and talking up a good game. Well once the race got under way you will probably never guess who had the one bike that came apart during the event. I thought it was real funny.

QOTD 2-  No. I had a number of setbacks early on in 2013 mending from hip surgery. Think I'm finally over the hump as I have been good for the last 4 months.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running...day # oh I already lost count...

FTYC - you forgot to add getting sick as part of what derailed you from your miles.  You seem to be good for one or two good bouts with something each year.  With any luck, no sickness this year and you should hit 2000 miles plus some.

QOTD 1: Well my first ever road marathon (2008) I thought it was hilarious to be passed in the first mile by a man wearing a pink tutu, carrying a fairy wand.  I thought I was seeing things.  I also thought for sure, as long as he was real, that I would pass him at some point.  Nope.  He was, and still is, a great runner.  I remember seeing him in RW and other places.  He is a very good and dedicated runner.  Has completed Badwater and other ultras.  Was funny at the time though...

QOTD 2: Not sure how to answer this.  I did do "ok" at a couple races in 2013 but ultimately my injuries have overtaken my running life.  So I guess I have to say no.  Currently taking some time off and trying to figure it all out.  I will have to live vicariously through you all for a while.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

QOTD2: I'm happy with how 2013 went.  I did my first (and 2nd) 50k, first 50 miler, placed 3rd in a trail 10 miler, 2nd in a trail 5k, PR'd my road 5k time (PR'd my mile time too...same race).  I didn't hit my mileage goal of 1500, but I did manage a 50% increase in miles logged compared to 2012.  Actually writing everything out like that makes me really proud of my 2013...certainly a great year!

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

I'm doing 15 slow miles through SF's beaches and bluffs in the PM.

QOTD1: Nothing really comes to mind except the black stallion that threw its rides off and tried to run me down on a narrow single-track, but I have a weird sense of humor.

QOTD2: I had two goals for 2013. Be more present in the moment and get back running after my AT injury. Both went better than I had hoped. In addition, I dropped 15 lb and increased my strength 40%. It was a good year. I'm working hard to maintain momentum into 2014.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

muppy

Plan on an easy 5-6 after work.

QOTD1 As somebody else mentioned, all the people with camelbacks and fuel belts for a 5K!

QOTD2 For the most part, I did my first trail race a 25k and first 50k at labor pains (was very slow though).

My goal this year is no injuries!

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I was not running so long that I lost my gym bag with all the essentials in it while cleaning house over the holiday, so I can't run. </excuse>

QOTD:  Philly marathon had some of the weirdest sights:  Batman playing the trombone, and a group of dancers dressed in Day-glo body paint and spandex fruit costumes.

NJ marathon had an older guy in a full tuxedo and tails.

Last of a funny sign series: "You think you are tired? I just stayed up all night making these stupid signs!"

QOTD:  three 50k's, a marathon, and a 50 miler.  (mostly) injury free. Mission accomplished.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16