Trailer Trash

SUV Tents - Car Camping (Read 34 times)

Anybody have any experience with an "SUV Tent" or something similar?  I'm looking for something like this for my Outback that will make car camping at races a little easier.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultra Cowboy

I hate being tied to my vehicle.  I like the flexibility to drive away from my camp without having to take down my tent, and I like being able to go spike out a few feet or miles from my rig.

WYBMADIITY

Save

AT-runner

Tim

I asked my daughter, and she's seen several at music festivals. I'm with rocky, I like a tent, but if being off the ground is your goal, this would make a nice base camp for a race.  I have an outback, and wonder if the headroom would be good after you add an air mattress. Might be hard changing in the back of an outback with a mattress.

Good luck, and add pictures if you get it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

That's interesting. Never saw one of those before.  DW and I slept in the back of our p/u when we went to Alaska several years ago. I'd have to see one of these set up before I would buy one.

Thanks for the comments.  I'm up in the air about it, too, because of being 'tied' to the car if I want to drive somewhere.  On the other hand, when I'm  just sleeping in my car overnight at the start of a race, this seems like a good option.  Hmmm . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

claramax600

Spam
              Sandy-2

I hate being tied to my vehicle.  I like the flexibility to drive away from my camp without having to take down my tent, and I like being able to go spike out a few feet or miles from my rig.

Agree. The last run I was at my DD and I slept under the stars.  The couple next to us had a setup much like this one.  All I could think of was, what if you wanted to bop over to the store to pick up some more beer? Especially if there was a low bridge.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

Funny to see this post reappear. Wonder if fatozzig ever made the purchase. Can you imagine getting all set up at a nice base camp/nat'l forest campsite or whatever and then realize you need ice. WTF!   Gives me a good laugh as I have seen that happen.  Good stuff.