Trailer Trash

The Weekender (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  we're above 0 this morning finally (10), but snowing pretty heavily- tomorrow supposed to be 40 and sunny- I think I will adjust and get a shorter run (5-ish) this afternoon and a long run in tomorrow

qotd: rooting for anyone in the Super Bowl?  nothing against New England, but they've enjoyed plenty of time in the sun- time for someone new to bask a little- I'm rooting for the Falcons

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Heading out the door to meet the running group. It's sunny outside, but chilly (for here).  6 miles and then yoga later.

qotd: Wasn't sure who was in the Super Bowl, but thanks to MT's post, I do now.

Daydreamer1

Need to help out DS with jacking his car up so he can rotate tires. Gotta love these new vehicles with limited jack points.  After that I'll head out for a short run. Hoping to have the time to get in 6 miles but might have to cut it short at 5.

QOTD: Well there is the part of me that wants to root for New England because of the deflategate stuff which I think was a bunch of crap. At the same time it would be nice to see a team that has never won it win, so for that reason I'm kind of rooting for the Falcons.

muppy

7.2 miles on the rail trail last night, even did some mile repeats.

QOTD Go Atlanta! Hope the Patriots lose 106-3

AT-runner

Tim

7 ish on the frozen trails. It was cold and windy, but I hesitate to complain compared to the Montana weather. Saw a man deep in the woods sitting around a fire pit. Stopped to talk and he was practicing his fire making. He had a bow drill that he was using and he said he already got fire 2 different ways.  Never know who you might see in the woods. Was just strange seeing him next to the trail. If he was experienced enough to make fire primitively, you think he'd know that he shouldn't be making a fire 2 feet off the trail.

QOTD:  I'm part of red on this chart.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ I think there is a lot of truth to that pie chart!  

in other news, I think my Orangemen will finally find their way into the top 25 next week, four solid straight wins- two with top 10 teams

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Put me down for ~15 miles on the trails of French Creek with the Lady and my partner in crime. Cold at the start, 18-20 degrees, but sunshine and light winds or wind that could not be felt much in the woods. A pretty nice winter run.

QOTD: Falcons. My sister lives in Atlanta but even so I'd root against the Patriots.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

11 miles on the trails today. Chilly today but sunny.

qotd  Go dirty birds!!  Not a Falcons fan but they are in our division.

Cheaters shound never win.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

about 6 miles in about 6" of new snow, should have brought my snowshoes!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7.3 at the gym early this morning.  Long day of stuff but did sell our van  which is a big relief.  We had bought our new one 2 weeks ago and I really needed to unload the old one.

Lots of Patriot haters here.  wow.

QOTD: So I am a native New Englander so I am obvious routing for them.  I have been a big fan since age 10.  I understand why people don't like them.  I wasn't a fan of the Steelers with their multiple SB appearances a few years back.  It is what it is (and it's not cheating btw).

A few memes you all might enjoy.

Image result for patriot memes

Image result for patriot memes

Image result for patriot fan memes

Image result for patriot fan memes

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Had a great day working Damnation at Rocky 100. Exciting with a few lead changes in the late afternoon.  We  worked about 10 + hours and then did  a 6 mile run on the trails. Mostly trying to avoid the runners. My legs were toasted from standing all day, but it did feel good to stretch them out a bit. Plus always like getting a few miles in with the DD.

qotd: Atlanta, because they have never won it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I ran 10+ yesterday morning, sort of a tempo run. It just kept getting better. I'll head out in about an hour for 7 this morning. I am really having a good time running right now. I hope that holds up all year.

Sandy: I see you guys made it back to where it all began for me. I haven't kept up with the race this year, which is odd. I normally follow along because there are always some fast movers there. What is the beaver situation out on the course? Hahaha

QOTD: I am sort of pulling for the Falcons because they have never won, and I know what if felt like as a Saints fan, against all odds. However, I have always been a Patriots fan, since Grogan was the the QB. I have a friend from Pittsburgh who is working the game. I think he is all over the place with Fox, coordinating cameras and stuff like that. I told him to look for our old buddy from the Boston area. He said, "Is he at the game?" I said, "Actually, he is working for the Patriots on the sidelines this weekend. He is deflating Brady's balls!!" Hahaha. I have always given my buddy from Mass a hard time. He is possibly one of the most knowledgeable people I know about sports information. He knows stats out the wazoo. He really gets fired up. I could write a book on all the times I have gotten him stirred up about sports, especially when it comes to teams in the Northeast.

LB2

NHLA

LB2  One of my running buddies was a pat that played with Grogan. Harold Jackson  5 time pro bowler rams/pats. He ran like a deer.

Walter Payton and Harold Jackson used to run everyday at a school that was shut down near my office in MS.

It still had a nice track and very few people ran there. In fact very few people ran in the 70s.

Harold could fly.  Walter was not as fast but he could run in any direction fast.

I ran their workouts with them. Lots of speedwork on the football field up to 5k on the track.

Beautiful outside. Going running soon as it warms up a little.

AT-runner

Tim

Cut my long run short when I was hit with the stomach bug that DW had yesterday. Threw up around mile 10. Ended with 12. Felt better after I threw up.

John M. - RGOT.  Looks like John sadly lost his battle with cancer.  Haven't seen any family confirmation but many people are indicating he passed yesterday 2/4. Which was World Cancer Day.

Jamie - Its the cheating thing.  Never been a Belicheat fan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

John M. - RGOT.  Looks like John sadly lost his battle with cancer.  Haven't seen any family confirmation but many people are indicating he passed yesterday 2/4. Which was World Cancer Day.

Sad to hear this. Condolences to his family and many friends.  Interestingly it was while working Damnation quite a few years ago with the NTTR folks that I met John M in person.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL