Trailer Trash

What day is it Wednesday (Read 27 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I keep thinking today is Tuesday.  The holiday is throwing me off but better to think it's a day behind than a day ahead right?  Last night I got in a quick 3 miler - quick for me that is.  Today will most likely be a rest day.  It's been a good month for running and no reason to push it.

Where has trailtromper been?

Mandy - more pictures of your nice looking "bike" would be appreciated! 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

For me at least, it's 'woke up on the wrong side of the bed wednesday'.    Off to not a great start, but I'm working to turn that around, including getting to the gym today for  yesterday's strength workout.  I'm still taking it easy, but I'll get in at least 3 miles on the treadmill.

Boyjame- I think TT mentioned last week (?) that they were getting ready for more MD-FL moving.

Queen-- per your comment about the cascadias stiff uppers- that's exactly what I'm not loving either.  I hope it improves with more miles.

qotd:  Favorite summer treat?  (It's Wednesday folks, not a day for brain surgery or deep thinking).   Mine is watermelon.  I cannot get enough of the stuff and I will buy it constantly while it is in season, which happily, is right now.  I think seedless watermelon is one of this century's greatest invention, though I concede with DH that the flavor in seeded melons is usually superior.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

qotd:  Favorite summer treat?  (It's Wednesday folks, not a day for brain surgery or deep thinking).   Mine is watermelon.  I cannot get enough of the stuff and I will buy it constantly while it is in season, which happily, is right now.  I think seedless watermelon is one of this century's greatest invention, though I concede with DH that the flavor in seeded melons is usually superior.

Thanks...I knew there was a reason I was drawing a blank for a question.  Summer - for me it has to be fruit - strawberries, pineapple, etc.  My kids are begging for a smoothie maker...I am thinking about it to make some nice fruit smoothies in the mornings...would be a great way to start the day.

DW ate watermelon on Monday and said it made her have to get up and pee multiple times during the night.  Hmmmmm

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I got a nice 5 in yesterday evening. I hope for something similar today.

QOTD: Not a day for brain surgery??? Well, what if you are AT Runner??? Oh, well, it is Wednesday. So, he is probably playing golf. I like watermelon, too.

I want to know where mtwarden is.... I can't wait to hear about his adventure.

LB2

Occasional Runner

12 miles this morning and some circuit training at the gym. Working hard to get as fit as possible for Western States. It's sneaking right up on me.

Its been raining here for about a month, so training hasn't been as intense as it could have been with dry conditions. Sounds like we're almost done with this weather, though. So "they" say.

QOTD: Fresh cantaloupe and strawberries. In fact, I had a handful of strawberries for breakfast.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, I can post a lot more photos of the bike, Jamie.    It's currently sitting in my office right now and it's *dirty*.  Poor thing needs a good cleaning.  Obviously it's a bike commute day for me today.  And I actually ran last night!  Woo hoo!  4.4 miles on the flat rail to trail and my foot felt okay.  I'll take it for now.

QOTD: Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, melons, and ice cream cones.  I only eat ice cream cones in the summer.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Hump day already... love the short work weeks. Workout last night was planting canna bulbs. About 2 hours of shoveling and planting. We (I should say I) plant 2 big rows of these around the perimeter of the pool. I did one row last night so have one to go. Once they grow to full size, they make a nice privacy fence for swimming and hot tubbing au'natural. No run yet today but I'll get the Lady out to the trails this evening as usual. Just looking for 7-8 miles. Might be dodging rain or storms from the looks of it.

QOTD: Seems most fruit is now available all season but I like when the local peaches and corn is out in the summer. A DQ dip is good too on a summer evening.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.

Qotd: Screw the fruit, I'm going with ice cream!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Just got back in from a 11 mile bike ride around Cade's Cove. This is in the Smoky Mtn National park. Saw three black bears and one deer. Normally dozens of deer so they were hiding for some reason today.

Mandy - I love pictures of bikes but this time screw the bike pictures.  We need more pictures of that angelic creature that was sleeping .

Lace- Good to see you back to posting.

QOTD - I'll go with Ice Cream. Probably think of something else better but I've gotta get going. We need to head over to Dollywood, get our tickets and ride some coasters.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy - I love pictures of bikes but this time screw the bike pictures.  We need more pictures of that angelic creature that was sleeping .

Haha.  Thanks, Daydreamer!   I love my bike.  Steel frame, enve carbon fork, disk breaks.  She's a beauty.  Way better than photos of me!

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a nice run this am with the dogs 5.66 miles.  Me and Jack actually run and Earl is just strolling.  Near the end Jack stopped quickly I tried to spread my legs to go over/around him but proceeded to fall.  It was a soft landing.  Running with two leashed beast on those extend leashes is a dance of it's own.  I have the over hand spin when one dog goes behind me and around and then there is the little hand jive motions when trying to untangle the leashes all while moving forward gracefully.  Ok moving forward.

QOTD:  I'm digging the peaches, apricots, and nectarines right now.  oh yea corn...corn is a summer favorite.

Yea I wonder about trail tromper this morning as I ran.  Was thinking he may be settling in, busy and maybe no internet yet.

runtraildc:  They felt better today...and seeded melons taste better.  What's wrong with seeds?  Man our society has gotten lazy! 

Xtreme:  The first time your neighbors see you naked it's fun and exciting; after that there like there's that naked guy again. 

DD!:  Nice sighting of the bear.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

She was faking it..and she has you all fooled..she's no angel. 

Gator eye

Got out for a easy 8 this morning. I love running with my dog but can't imagine running him on a leash. I'ld be falling on my ass all the time with the leash all around my feet.

QOTD: you people and your healthy food make me sick!

Beer and ice cream all the way, sometimes in that order.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Beer or ice cream aren't summer treats to me...they are year round staples of my diet. 

QOTD: you people and your healthy food make me sick!

Beer and ice cream all the way, sometimes in that order.

AT-runner

Tim

Sorry, late to the party, but I was out playing golf .

SRD today. I skipped my normal Wednesday lunchtime run since that's usually on roads.  Nothing but trails for me for awhile now that my race is over.

I had a patient ask me this morning "why would anyone be so stupid to run around a loop for 24 hours".  I wanted to reply "why would anyone eat themselves into morbid obesity, develop diabetes and then ignore it for so long that you fried your nerves?", but I didn't.  Guess I'm still a bit cranky from lack of sleep.   (Edit: that was a statement bout ignoring your health and not taking the responsibility.)

QOTD:  Corn on the cob, especially Silver Queen (Eastern Shore of MD).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!