Trailer Trash

Tahoe rain/snow/rain run report (Read 19 times)

Watoni

Well, on the basis of the august advice of this forum I bagged my race and went with my family to Tahoe this weekend. A rain/snow mix was predicted. Friday started in snow, by the time we crossed Donner Pass at midnight it was pouring rain.

We woke up to above normal temperatures Saturday. I went with my oldest son to Northstar for his team, my youngest went to Boreal at the top of Donner for a slopestyle comp. Amazingly, both team and the slopestype were held, but they cut team short to 11:30am due to lack of grooming and dangerous conditions. One kid on my elder son's team badly sprained his wrist in the Sierra cement and I could have blown a knee, so I bailed after an hour and went to go snowshoeing. Alas, we forgot my snowshoes, so I grabbed my Sportivas with hobnails and hit the x-country trails. They were packed down at the beginning, but then it was running/hiking between ankle and knee deep for about 6 miles. Beautiful, but tough.

In the afternoon it rained, snowed, rained, snowed, etc.

Sunday was a crusty mess, but I managed 8 miles or so in the crud. A weird form of running but totally fun.

My pics are the February ones on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/jeffwgould