Trailer Trash

Western States Wednesday (Read 37 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's a couple days early but we wanted to make sure we wished Kelly GL this coming weekend.  We know he's going to kill it.  After all, when was the last time he tapered for a race?

Got in a short run last night.  If I knew it would be so nice this morning, I would have run this morning instead.  It's about as perfect out as it could be.  Maybe 64, no humidity, breeze, blue skies....

QOTD: Make a prediction for place and/or time for Kelly for WS100.  And will you be following?

I predict a sub 18 hr.  As far as place, I dunno where that would put him. Maybe top 10.  Nonetheless, run, run, run.  And yes I will be following.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Morning! The second I stepped outside this AM I wished I had gotten up earlier for a run. It really is perfect out there this morning!  Playing some ultimate frisbee after work today, which will be my workout for the day.

QOTD: I'll go with Jamie's prediction as well. I hope to be following before/after the bridal shower I'm attending.

Daydreamer1

SRD due to working. Very tired. DD flew back from Texas last night and was supposed to land at the airport at 11:45 last night. Instead her flight was delayed and she didn't get in until almost 1 am. Didn't get much sleep.  Beautiful weather for a change and I won't get to run in it .

QOTD: I don't follow WS enough to know what the normal times are, nor do I really know how strong the competition is. I do predict that Kelly will do well. Good luck. I have a long run planned for Saturday but I'll follow it as much as I can.

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like the PA crowd is checking in early today.  Should be nice temps for run at lunch today.  Overnight low supposed to be 58*, so tomorrow early run is in order.

QOTD:  I really don't want to jinx him with time prediction, but he's going to rock it out.  Go Kelly!!! I will be following the 3 people I know running it.  The woman's race should be something to watch.  Queen, have a great time volunteering.

Kelly did get a mention in the WS shoe question from Gear Junkie.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

20 miles along the Thames this morning.  I had an easy travel day today (London to Southampton via train) and since I'll be on a plane all day next Sat, I figured I'd do my 20 miler a few days early. A pretty good run that I've done a few times before.  At about 9 miles from my hotel the path finally turns to dirt, it's my favorite part.  Plus there are rowers doing their morning workouts right next to you in the river, it's just nice. But then all too soon I get to what I figure is my turn around time and have to go back.

qotd:  Good luck Kelly!!!!!  I plan to take a peek when I get back to Korea. I'm gonna refrain from making any predictions, it's a tough trail and it's gonna be hot. As my DD's riding organization's motto goes...  "to finish is to win".

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I've been a total slacker this week, and skipped a run last night because of a little old thunderstorm. Hey, I did try out a new recipe for BBQ baby back ribs and it was winner. Slather in yellow mustard, coat with tremendous amounts of this sweet/spicy dry rub I mixed up, double wrap in foil, cook in oven for 2 hours, finish on grill with some BBQ sauce. Best ribs yet I've made. Oh, wait... this is not the food network forum... I am definitely running tonight over at French Creek Park. The Lady has had enough of this no running shit.

QOTD: I don't know.. bad form to predict someone's time. Good luck though Kelly and have a good race!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Such a gorgeous day here!  Too bad I don't know if I'll get a run in.  Between the hamstring talking back and a pinched nerve in my shoulder, it might not happen.   My body has not been at all in sync with the good weather days lately.  It seems to be one issue or another recently, but big enough to slow down (or temporarily stop) my running.  Wait, am I getting old?!?

Sandy-- that sounds like a nice run.

XT-- how does Lady put up with you?  take your pup for a run.

TT- about the weather, I'll take cold over hot and humid any day.  DC/MD is the furthest south I think I'll ever live.  Maybe I'll make an exception for New Mexico, but that's about it.

qotd:  Good luck Kelly!

Watoni

Hoping for a bike ride today .... PT Monday for the ankle was discouraging.

I rode about 120 miles of a 200 mile ride Saturday .... did not want to push the ankle/Achilles too much, and a winery was calling in advance of Father's Day Smile

QOTD: I do not know but I do know I am heading out Saturday pm from here to the race to cheer Kelly on, hopefully help Jo and hang out a bit with Ann Trason, who is crewing for Sally McRae. I actually think the recipe for Kelly and Sally is similar -- run smart, pick off the carnage later on the in the race.

On a related note, there is a fire burning near Markleeville in Tahoe, and a cycling event this weekend is being canceled. I assume this will have no effect on WS (i.e. air quality), but let's hope it does not!

Rest day for me, except maybe a bike ride later.

TT- about the weather, I'll take cold over hot and humid any day.  DC/MD is the furthest south I think I'll ever live.  Maybe I'll make an exception for New Mexico, but that's about it.

I always said I would never live in Florida, but here I am.  We wanted to be close to my daughter and son in law, so that is good.  Also there are some other nice things about Tallahassee.

I have never complained about the cold or snow and will miss it a lot.  The good news is that here in Tallahassee the winter is like Fall and I do like Fall.  July and August will definitely suck big time here unless maybe I get back into some water sport.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had a nice 5 miler up and over Bear Mt., got to see SJ on the AT. I stopped to

cheer him on and watched a line of about 12 runners behind him. He was

looking strong, gliding right along the ridge around Bear mountain. The

rest of the run was uneventful.

QOTD: Go Kelly. I'll take a look throughout the day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I was hoping for a run right after work, but it's not happening due to a schedule change for DD's senior pictures. Hey, I could take a snapshot of her with my new i-phone, why not? 

Maybe later. Run, that is.

XT: Wise decision to bail out because of the storm. The front that went through was quite powerful. I have never been as scared in a storm as during yesterday's run.

QOTD: I checked and saw that the weather could get hot at WS. I'll be watching as often as I can in between work and kids. Best of luck to Kelly, I know he has not done too many heat runs, and I hope he'll be fine and do well. Rock it, Kelly!

Run for fun.

Watoni

I was hoping for a run right after work, but it's not happening due to a schedule change for DD's senior pictures. Hey, I could take a snapshot of her with my new i-phone, why not? 

Maybe later. Run, that is.

XT: Wise decision to bail out because of the storm. The front that went through was quite powerful. I have never been as scared in a storm as during yesterday's run.

QOTD: I checked and saw that the weather could get hot at WS. I'll be watching as often as I can in between work and kids. Best of luck to Kelly, I know he has not done too many heat runs, and I hope he'll be fine and do well. Rock it, Kelly!

On the weather, hopefully they will dodge the bullet. It is supposed to top 100 in Auburn tomorrow and Friday, but drop back into the low 90s Saturday/Sunday.

Last weekend in Sonoma it was in the mid/high 90s for the ride and it was toasty but ok. Just need to keep on the electrolytes early and back off during the heat of the day.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got in a little 4.5 run this morning with my dogs.  I have poison oak on my stomach...how does it get to my stomach without getting on my legs or arms???

QOTD:  I know nothing about his placing or timing...I read his RR for entertainment  and know he's won a few 24 hour events. As for following him I will be doing that pretty close because I plan on hanging out with his wife drinking beers and looking at hot young guys while she crews for him.    But 18 yours sounds great because that would get me back home and in bed by mid night..

Trails and Cocktails:  Just bought some Oiselle shorts and loved them.

Watoni:  I PM my phone number to you.  I woke up smelling smoke last night.  Don't know if it was from that Tahoe fire or another but our air quality is good here.

TT:  I swamp swam at a park in Tallahassee.  The water was so cool and clear.  You swam through these tunnels of long grass.  It was cool until the lifeguard announced everyone out of the water...Gator...  then this Gator went swimming through.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Short jog this morning. I'm sitting in the airport in Seattle, staring at Mt. Rainier on an unusually clear day. Heading to Utah to pack some shit so we can fly to California.

QOTD: I have no idea, but my friend Jamie is a bit aggressive,

My 100 mile PR is 15:22, but that wasn't during a hot day in the mountains. Sub 18 isn't even something I've thought about for this race. Because of the heat, I'm sure we'll all be slower than people expect. Also, I'm running the Slam, so my pace will be conservative so I can make sure to finish and keep my spot in the Slam.

I won't share my goal time that I spelled out in my race plan, but I will say that it's under 24 hours by a good bit.

slosh

7 miles then mowed grass.  Heat zapped me.

qotd:  best of luck at WS!