Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Happy weekend.  Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  I had a great run on Thursday in the woods. Ran a trail system that will disrupted any day now by logging. Trees are all marked for logging, but looks like I'll be able to just skip my usual first mile and jump in a bit later without trail damage.

Walked several miles yesterday around town and at the beach. Today DW and I ran 10 flat miles. There was a nice wind going, so felt like running up a small hill when we were heading into the wind.

A Park along the Intercoastal Waterway in Chincoteague Island, VA.

QOTD:  Anyone do any shopping on Black Friday?  Do you like to shop in the store or online for holidays?  DW and I bought a few small things at a local store last night. I do mos of the shopping for Christmas, and most of it is now online.

Have a great weekend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Too exhausted physically and mentally to run yesterday after 8 hours dealing with customers, so today's run was a pleasant surprise. I;ve been slogging through runs at a slower than normal pace for a while. When I lost power unexpectedly this morning, I took that as a sign to run this morning at VF NP instead of waiting for this afternoon. Coasted through the first 3 miles much faster than I have been running, then turned the second 3 miles into a tempo run.

QOTD: No shopping on Black Friday because I was on the other side of the cash register.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Found this paved trail on the outskirts of Beijing today...

Qotd: we got about as far away from Black Friday as we could.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Going to head out for 7-8 miles on the road in a little bit. DW and I are going out for supper tonight. Don't know what she'll have, but I'm having the pig stomach.

AT - At least the woods will grow back and trails can be fixed up again. I hunt deer on a friends farm and he just told me that as soon as deer season is over they are clearing the section of woods that I hunt in.  Going to turn it into farm land so my deer hunting spot will be gone forever . This is becoming very common up this way.

wcrunner - Sounds like you were busy yesterday. If I remember right you work in a bookstore. It's nice that it was busy. Seems like a lot of bookstores have went out of business over the years.

Sandy - That nice "trail system" is the only reason I would ever go to China. It would be interesting to hike the whole thing, or at least as much as possible.

QOTD:  Worked yesterday so no shopping.  I never venture into the stores on Black Friday.  I prefer to shop online for the most part although there are just some items that I want to look at before I buy, such as shoes.

AT-runner

Tim

George - Nice redemption run!

Dd1 - Takes a while for trails to get back to normal. All the nice single track never really comes back because they'll put gravel down to make roadway. Sorry to hear about your hunting grounds.

Sandy - That "trail" looks just like the plans Donald Trump has for the US - Mexico border. 

Jon (if your lurking). Snapped this picture of the Coast Guard doing their duty right out of your old base at Chincoteague.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5.8 miles last night, It was a heat wave at 64°!

Nice trail Sandy!

QOTD I stay away from shopping as long as I can. I also don't buy nearly as many presents as I used to,  I started doing stuff for people instead. For example, for my moms Christmas present the GF and I spent the day Wednesday  cleaning her house for her.

runtraildc

Hi everyone!  Been running everyday-- Thursday was 5.5 miles on the paved trail with my neice biking and the brittany and me running.  Then yesterday got about 4.5 miles in on the trail, including 1.5 with the guy below.  My nephew, 4 years old, is quite a runner.  good pacing.  Today was 6 miles with the running group, plus a 17 min mile with my new running group.  We went at dusk and the reflective gear and flashing red light made it even more exciting, if that was possible.  His enthusiasm is matched by his smile.

qotd:  Nope, didn't spend a dime shopping but spent it outside playing with the family.

NHLA

2 miles thurs 7 miles fri & 6 miles today. Foot is better.

qotd  no shoping for me.  DD buys all my gifts. She is good at buying what people want but would not ask for.