Trailer Trash

Full Moon Thurdaily (Read 34 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Back to the trails this morning with the sun dancing though the trees.  It's been a very stressful week, and a mile into my run all stress was removed.  I had one of those falls when you know 3 steps before that you aren't going to save yourself.  No damage done and on my way.  I love the woods.

Rocky - nice poetry from Wed's daily.

QOTD:   Do you have a Go-To run that you use to gauge your fitness?

I have a long hill that climbs 1100' in 3 miles, and I like to see how fast I can get up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning.  My commute home this evening will be on foot.  I'm planning 8 miles with at least 3 of those on single track hill trails, and 2 on flat riverfront trails.  The great thing about my area is that I can mix up my commute home to include some decent trails.  I love when my running shoes are next to my desk all day--it gives me something to look forward to.

AT: I'm glad you weren't hurt on that fall.  It's funny how you can sometimes see them coming, but you can't do anything to stop them!

QOTD:  I don't think I ever really gauge my fitness.  Mostly, I run by feel.  If I feel sluggish or can't quite go as long as I'd like to, I feel less fit.  If I feel fast & nimble, and I finish a long run with some gas left in the tank, then I feel fit.  But, that's pretty much the extent of my gauge.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

Last nights 7 was about as uneventful as they get.  Today, 6-7 more on the plan.

QOTD: When I want to see where I'm at, I sign up for a local 5k.  Except for during the winter, there is one/three every weekend within 45 minutes of me.  This was the first gauge of fitness I ever used and I've stuck with it.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I did a sort of recovery run on the roads this morning. I haven't felt well today, so I didn't want to go to far from the house. After the first mile, my stiff legs loosened up and I felt great. It was a good run.

QOTD: Similar to AT, I have a long hill on the trail behind my house that I use to gauge my fitness. If I can run the entire thing, and feel good at the top, I know I'm in good shape.

Sandy-2

Crazy week at work.  I'm tapering for my marathon on Sunday, but getting in a few stress-releaving runs.  To top it off I was promoted to VP on Monday so that's cool.

Today is a SRD, but I was so tempted to run anyway this morning because it was so cool, clear and the moon was so bright.

qotd:  not so much a go-to run, but more of an ability to run faster miles at the end of a long run (sort of like negative split).

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I noticed the full moon last night when I was driving home with DD from her band concert. It was an awesome concert.

Planning on going out for a run now, the "rattlesnake mountain" (because in summer, there are so many rattlesnakes there, and it is also where I jumped over the snake last year). Good thing is, in the freezing temps of fall and winter, there are no snakes there!

Sandy: Congrats on the promotion!

QOTD: I have a few "default hills" which I use to gauge my fitness,depending on how far up I can run them. I know my best times of some of my loops, but I don't monitor my time often.

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

I'm going out for 15 miles in the sun later this PM. The weather is insane here - yesterday was 72 degrees and I ran intervals shirtless.

Congratulations Sandy!

QOTD: I'm a measuring maniac and keep logs with splits for all my runs. That means I can track progression on most things I do. I have to hold myself back from trying to break my PR every time though. In 2011 I ended up with 80% of my miles being high quality. It took me 15 months to heal...

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Gator eye

I woke up this morning to a very cold wind and the back roads are still solid ice. The thought of that cold wind and ice was enough to make me pull all the clothes off the drier rack and put it back to it's original purpose of a treadmill. 5 long miles on the treadmill.

QOTD: No one course or hill, just every now and again I hit up a local 5 or 10k and surprise myself with the results.

XtremeTaper

Hello all... 5 miles of dog loops around the neighborhood with the german pointer today. I think she likes to run as much as me. I can rarely get out the door without her these days without getting the "look". I will hit the gym tonight for a swim.

QOTD: My favorite fitness test is a trail tempo run. My run over at Monocacy Hill is a good test as it's an ~5 mile loop with a significant hill each mile with a mix of rocky and runnable terrain. It's pretty fun. I've busted 40 minutes on that loop but not for a long time. 45 minutes is good for me these days when I push it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Snowdenrun

5.7 miles yesterday for my first run of the new year.

QOTD: I am continually gauging my fitness, but not on a certain trail or by time. I'm a run my feel type of person.

Birdwell

3.25 last night. running after work is turning into my new thing.

QOTD: My go to fitness test is an out and back 5 miler with about 350' of gain. Looking at speed more than anything.

Ultra Cowboy

Today's cross training will be basketball practice with the 4th grade team.   If needed I'l be on the Scout team against the 8th grade girls after...

QOTD: My go to fitness test is an out and back 5 miler with about 350' of gain. Looking at speed more than anything.

I could have written the same thing!

WYBMADIITY

Save

The pooch and I did a fairly easy 5 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:  I run the same or some variation of runs in handful of locations most of the time so I generally have a good idea of how a given run stacks up against previous runs in the same location.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

5.6 moonlit miles around the streets, bright and early this morning with the dog. I just can't get used to running so early in the morning, it's always a struggle. Don't mind the getting up part, but my legs just feel dead. I'm anxiously awaiting more daylight in the evenings...

QOTD: I have a few regular routes/segments that I monitor my time and effort on. I almost never run them at a hard effort though so doesn't give a very accurate gauge. This is something I am working on changing for this year, more structured "training" runs.

runtraildc

Afternoon, Trailers!  Long, hard yoga class today instead of a run.  Class involved working all the areas that the runner body wants to resist.   Thursday is my favorite instructor.  Maybe I'll talk to her about next class focusing on that pose of lying on our backs, sleeping...  er I mean 'mindfully breathing'.  Not my favorite workout, but it keeps me with a strong core and injury free.

Sandy-- Congratulations!  Does this involve an international move, too?  Or will it keep you in Texas?

qotd:  Not really.  I think my 'test' matches sugnim's.