Trailer Trash

Hardrock Humpdaily! (Read 35 times)

Occasional Runner

The Hardrock lottery opens today, so don't forget to register!

It's COLD here this morning. I took the pup out for 5 trail miles and was wishing I had brought my gloves. It's going to take some time to get used to this.

QOTD: As 2014 starts to wind down, Have you started to think about your goals for next year? Mileage, racing, or other personal goals?

My mileage goal won't change for 2015 but I've ten planning my race schedule for about a month. 2015 is going to have a lot of cool stuff in it.

On a personal level, I have a goal of being promoted at work. If it doesn't happen, I'll probably start looking for other opportunities. But I have it pretty good where I'm at.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a shade under 5 last night as the storm was rolling in.  I just beat it out.  But the sky was lighting up like a fireworks show throughout my run.  It was great.

Hardrock reg opening today?? I am so on that.

QOTD: My plans are to come back.  Planning on maybe a race in April as a goal to come back.  I figure that is good timing as long as I continue to progress without any major setbacks.  Then maybe just maybe a nice ultra in the fall.  Not a 100 but maybe a 50 or 100k.  I can plan that far in advance with not knowing how I will progress.

Personal goals - start my dissertation in 2015!

QOTD2: September Mileage.  I almost made it to 50.  I think I ended at 44-45ish.  Considering I had a 0 for June, something in the teens for July, and 30ish in August, I am on the right track.  My goal is 75 for October.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to run w/ the local ultra group this evening (and be humbled yet again Smile)-usually 5-7 miles

qotd 1: I've got a couple of cool races planned (one that it run almost entirely on the Continental Divide), I'm also looking for a little redemption on one I ran two years ago (Elkhorn 50k); I'm also going to expand on my running/backpacking trips- I thoroughly enjoyed my first go at it

going to get my grandson out for a couple more backpacking trips this coming summer, I think he really enjoyed our trips this year

qotd 2: 127 miles, not outstanding, but then looked up the elevation gain and it was 31,000' for the month-not too bad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: Just to remain healthy and to keep having fun.

QOTD2: 175 miles, hampered by some days off to rest sore tendons.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Still trying to get caught up from being away.

QOTD : DW and I had so much fun on our trip that we talked about just being "Trail-Tourists".   The travel mixed in with running in new areas was more fun than any race, for me.  Still plan on my usual 24hr race over Memorial Day, and who knows what else.  More fastpacking trips as well.

QOTD: 2 - 215 miles, helped by last weeks big total.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

QOTD2: I finished up September with 335 miles. For the year, I'm a little behind on my goal.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  The dog and I will run after work today.  Somewhere in the ballpark of 4-5 miles.

QOTD: My goals for next year will be consistency and mileage.  I need to base build again.  I need to be healthy and injury free.  A fall marathon or 50K would be a dream.  We'll see what happens.

QOTD2: 68 miles.  Onward and upward!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

At work today for a 24 hour shift = no running.

QOTD 1: Build speed, work on ankle strength and balance. Drop my weight down to about 160 lbs. Train for Hyner 25k with a goal of being very competitive.  Call of The Wilds Marathon and finish with no injuries this time. Considering either Tussey Mountain Back, or Oil Creek 50k or 100k.  Also have some things I'd like to do on the bike as well.

QOTD 2: 89.5 miles running, 175.3 miles on the bike and 7.3 miles on the elliptical.  The lack of running has left me behind on my yearly goal.

moonlightrunner

9 later today at the state park. Yesterday I ran on my trail they "improved" and expanded this summer. They turned a beautiful single track into a gravel road wide enough to be two lanes. They put bridges over wetlands, huge stone retaining walls. The whole thing joins two adjacent trails. There is a portion of single track (which is a segment of the north country trail) they left alone. Good news is that they are not paving it. Bad news is it is packed gravel (yuck) and it will attract more people and I won't be able to have my dog off leash. A bit more good news...I could do multiple loops and it would make a decent long run only a 5 min drive away rather than 20 minutes to the state park. If I am inclined to run on a road like it is.

Mandy: so happy you are running again! Nice to see things have turned out good for your recovery.

AT: your plan for running sounds fun!

Qotd: i want to run a 50k in January (Yankee Springs Winter Challenge) and DWD Gnaw Bone 50k (March i think). Another 50 k in the summer and the 50 mile at DWD Hell in the fall. We will see if tgat works out as we go along here.

Mileage: i dont keep track

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

DigDug2

6 on the TM at lunch.

QOTD 1:  Would like to pick a couple of 50K plus races and/or similar length adventure runs, one in the early spring and one in the fall, to keep the fitness up the whole year, and then sprinkle in a lot of my favorite shorter trail races and work on speed.

QOTD 2: 165 - lowest since February, mostly due to taper for/recovery from 50K race.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready for a run after work, but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Moonlight: gravel roads are not all bad. I run on them quite often. They can be a nice change from all the steep, technical trails.

QOTD: try for a bigger race, Hardrock, or WS100, or one of the tougher ones like Pinhoti, Bear, and such. But I'll need a qualifier for HR first, and I'm going for a 100M race that will be fun, challenging, and qualify me as well. Not sure if high altitude is a good idea for me, though, but I'll go for it.

A 48 hr race is planned, but I'm still pondering the options.

QOTD2: I have not logged a single run in September, which felt good. No stress, no pressure, just joy. I guess it was anywhere between 120 and 150 miles, much of it on gravel/fire/logging roads or easy trails, and not much elevation.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Busy day today, started with a 3 mi "instant run", then PT where the guy tried to rip my arm out of the socket, then core training at lunch, and now I'm packing up boxes in my office to send them to Korea.  Then, I have to pick up my work visa from the Korean Consulate on my way home.  Once home we are taking our DS out to dinner 'cause it's his birthday, yeah Tex-Mex baby !!!!

lace_up, I did sign up for Hardrock today, gotta go back and get those last 15 miles...  (One of these days I'll finish my RR.)

qotd 1: I'm planning on doing the Ultra Trail Mt. Fuji 100 miler in April and then Hardrock in July.  That is if I get in to them...

qotd 2: 132 miles.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Watoni

No HR for me in 2015.

I will try for a Western States qualifier and will enter that lottery.

Hopefully a short run with my son later today ... on full time work and child care duty with the bride away

QOTD 1:

Running-wise:

a. Figure out my current foot issues and run more consistently.

b. run Transgrancanaria long course

c. run 1-2 mountain 100-milers or European 100k+ races

Cycling: Ride 2-3 tough double centuries, maybe do another European adventure --  there really is no comparison between European cycling and U.S. cycling in terms of mountain roads. We have some great cycling routes here, but the sheer scale on climbs in the Alps, Pyrenees and Dolomites is on an entirely different level

Personally: Find a better work/life balance

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Cranked out 5.5 miles in the humid warmth before the rainstorm that never came. 3 miles in I was already soaked. But it was still a nice run.

Sandy: Happy birthday to Mr. Sandy jr.! Have a fun evening!

Watoni: part of the fun in Europe is also that some of the mountain roads are old, and therefore narrow, twisty, incredibly scenic, and they follow the terrain, in contrast to modern roads which just cut through the mountains, regardless of any natural leads.

Run for fun.

LB2

Happy Birthday, Sandy.

I ran 5 fartlek miles tonight. It was pretty muggy out, but legs felt good. Everything feels good.

QOTD: I will apply for my boss's job after she retires. I am a good operational person, so I hope that is what they are looking for. We'll see. I won't quit or look for anything else if I don't get it. I have too much time here, and I have it pretty good.

On running: I was planning to push really hard through the winter and try to win a race in early March that I think I can be competitive in, a 20K. I may or may not do that since I won that 50 miler a couple of weeks ago even though it was by virtue of everyone else dropping out because of the heat. I say mission accomplished, nevertheless. I would still like to run one that was a battle, or a perceived battle whether I won or lost. I really felt great during the only race I ran last year, a 10K night cross country run. It was a real battle. It just feels good to run as hard as you can, and I did that night. Of course, the guy who won is also the guy who ended up 2nd or 3rd in the 100K US championships. He and two others were so far ahead of all of us that we didn't even know they were in the race. I looked back at the finish results and saw that I would have been 1st or 2nd in the 5K race. Anyway, it was one of the most fun races I have ever done. I think I ended up 10th or 11th in the final tally of the 10K'ers in about 42 minutes.

QOTD2: 200, which was my goal. I had to push it to get there because I did rest a little more than planned before the 50 mile run.

LB2