Trailer Trash

weeping weekender (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

I'm stuck at work over a very high stress time here and it's a wonderful day outside......................therefore I'm weeping .  If I didn't need the money I'd be telling them I'm sick and heading home for a nice long run. I could take the unit and go watch some kiddie football but whenever I do that someone gets "injured" and wants me to look at them.

No run today because of @#%!! working.

QOTD: Speaking of money, do you have a lot of people that want yours? For me I do, at least it seems that way.  The other day I went to the mailbox and probably had five requests for money in it.  And that seems to be more normal then not.  Sometimes the mailman wouldn't have to stop if it wasn't for the junk mail soliciting money.  It's everything from historical preservation sites, to environmental causes, to medical needs, to missionaries who want to me to pay for them to go to foreign countries to proselytize so they don't have to bother working.  If i gave to everyone, and I give to none of them, I wouldn't have any money for myself .

P. S. We do support Nature Conservancy, Wounded Warriors and the NRA on a semi regular basis plus a variety of causes through the church.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run in and around Pine Grove Furnace SP and the AT.  We did a winding creek section and then decided to add a climb to Pole Steeple just because weather was so nice.  I run that trail often, but never on a weekend. We got some "way to go's" and "you're nuts" comments from hikers going up and down.  We then connected with the AT and dropped back to the park. Saw a group of hikers coming up, and they ended up being friends of ours. Talked for a bit and then finished up.

Went to Furnace Fest and had some food and now home for football and relaxing.

View from Pole Steeple (this is one of the climbs in Ironmaster's 50K

YES DW, they are cute, but NO, we aren't buying an Alpaca.

Dreamer - (from yesterday) Yes, YouTube is great for finding information. I've fixed a several things by watching videos, but the best are a snow blower and now my pellet stove fix. Both of those had videos with my exact model and problem, and made the fix very easy.

QOTD: Besides the IRS, just that nice man from India who wants me to send him some money and he'll pay me back 10x's once he gets to the US. 

Yes, I get asked for donations all the time at work.  I usually like to support one big thing at a time and make that known to people asking. Right now, we've been raising money for a patient's family and his 8 yo daughter with leukemia (same one I asked about type O neg blood). She's in Hershey Hospital and things don't look good. She's rejecting her marrow transplant and basically has no immune system right now. Prayers are always accepted for McKenna.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

10 miles today. 10 more tomorrow. I tried a couple of things today: an Orange Mud Hydra Pack, and my old school one bottle holder belt. I have decided to run with a headlamp and a handheld light. I needed something to free up at least one hand. The belt will get to run with me. The OM pack does not work for me. I took it off after a mile, cut into my shoulders, limited my movement. Not good.

QOTD: Yes. I usually go to a National Wild Turkey Federation banquet. But I don't have tons of cash to just give out to MF'ers. I have three daughters.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 9 er with my young friend who is moving to Santa Cruz....then beer and a bowl of soup.  It's three and the only chore checked of my to do list was getting the dogs nails done and I paid someone to do it!  Better get in gear....

qotd:  Not really.  Maybe I tune them out. 

AT: Your pictures are big white boxes for me,  maybe I can see them T work Monday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think your answer should have been yes, I have three daughters

But I don't have tons of cash to just give out to MF'ers. I have three daughters.

Sandy-2

9 mi walk with friends followed by an 8 mi run. Cool temps with some lite rain, but overall great running weather.  Followed by some terrific farm to table local food at a local restaurant. Gonna miss this place!!!!

qotd: we don’t even open most of our mail, it goes straight into the recycling bin (if it looks like a credit card offer it goes straight into the shredder). So I’m not sure how many of them are begging for money.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no elk today, a tough 9-ish miles with lots of gain- so good training 

had fresh snow, but the elk simply weren't where I was thinking they would be- high winds weren't much of help

qotd: I do good enough myself spending it 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Another wonderful morning run under the stars. I might make this a habit. Funny in the early morning I don’t feel the cold, just wear gloves and go. And it really energizes me for the day.

Rough day day at work, but I didn’t have my usual drive, so I just dawdled myself through.

LB2: I had the same thought as Queen.

QOTD: I don’t have any money but still a lot of people and organizations want some from me.

I sometimes support a cause, but can’t afford to give a big chunk.

Run for fun.

LB2

Another wonderful morning run under the stars. I might make this a habit. Funny in the early morning I don’t feel the cold, just wear gloves and go. And it really energizes me for the day.

Rough day day at work, but I didn’t have my usual drive, so I just dawdled myself through.

LB2: I had the same thought as Queen.

QOTD: I don’t have any money but still a lot of people and organizations want some from me.

I sometimes support a cause, but can’t afford to give a big chunk.

You and Sue are right.

Warden: is that the Creedmore in that pic?

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

that's my .06 Featherweight

about the Creedmore- right after I purchased it (it was a Kimber), a guy (on the same site that I bought the Creedmoor) had a .257 Featherweight advertised he wanted to trade for a shotgun; I had an over and under I wasn't using any more so sent him a message- we exchanged photos and boom, I ended up with another Featherweight 

I felt a little guilty having a .257 and 6.5, so I ended up selling the Creedmoor (actually made a few $)- now I have matching Featherweights- recently topped each with new Leupold straight 6x36's

7 pounds all in, not too bad for old school 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy birthday Burke!!!   No run today, well maybe a wog with dogs later....chores, chores, chores, with a movie to finish the day.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy birthday, Burke!

Run with distance TBD.  Two races around town today. A 1/2 marathon in town and a 14.4 miles on the trails near Caledonia SP.  We didn't sign up for race since it was $60 and I run those trails for free all week.

muppy

5.5 miles around town yesterday then went to Jim Thorpe PA and hiked the Glen Okono falls. Was a perfect fall day!

Happy Birthday Burke!

AT, I can’t see your pictures either, maybe because I’m on an iPhone?

QOTD I donate to organizations that I like and the rest go right in the trash.

AT-runner

Tim

AT, I can’t see your pictures either, maybe because I’m on an iPhone?

I tried posting it with Google Photo's so might be an iPhone thing, unless no one else can see them.

Still mad a Photobucket!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Birthday Burke!

Tim- they don't show up for me either- try imgur

also check your email 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √