Trailer Trash

Cheesy Wednesdailies (Read 19 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sandy - Where was that photo you posted yesterday taken?  Very cool!

It was raining pretty heavily yesterday evening, so I wimped out and did 7 on an easy trail.  8 on hard trail tonight with temps reaching upper 70's.  Will bring a water bottle.

QOTD:  Do you like cheese?  If so what kind(s)?  Eat it straight up or with something else?  The cheesier the better.

I can't think of a cheese I don't like or won't eat.  I like to snack on Jarleburg (a kind of Swiss).  But like beer, there's just too damn many to choose from!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 mi after work today.

Bert-o I took the photo last night at the London Olympic Stadium (West Ham United plays there these days).  It was a great show, they played all of the old classics.  The old Glimmer Twins and the Boys can still bring it and put on a great show, albeit they jump around a little bit less these days. But don't we all? Here's another photo, those little dots on the stage are the boys in the band, good thing they had the rather large projections.

qotd: Absolutely.  The problem is I like almost all types of cheese.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- looks like fun!

3-ish miles with my wife and Tiny E- beautiful evening and a few new flowers popping

qotd: cheese is a fruit right?   DW is on a paleo-ish diet, very little dairy- I’d have a really tough time with that

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday.  Not sure if I will get out today.  I really need to sign up for a race or something to get some motivation to get out consistently.  It doesn't help though that I have an awful pain in my shoulder blade I assume from sleeping wrong.  DD and I are running a 5k next Monday and completely undertrained.  We will be walking...a lot.  (she is 8 btw)

DC & XT - thanks for the info on A/C costs.   was my first reaction.  I was not expecting that.  Our system checked out ok yesterday so no need to do anything now.  But every year they tell us we should update it.  Now I know why!!!!

QOTD: Not a huge cheese fan so I cannot speak intelligently to different kinds.  But I do eat it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Will be running later, but wanted to post now on the cheesy qotd.

qotd: I like many kinds of cheeses. My favorites: Swiss, Jarlsberg, Butterkase, Edam, Gouda, Brie, Colby , Cheddar, Emmentaler. Others that are okay but don't make my favorites list: Havarti, Provolone, Mozzarella, Gruyere. I loved traveling in various European countries where I could sample local cheeses unavailable in the US.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

No time for a run today. Wish I had time, but not going to happen.  Argh.

QOTD:  Thought this was going to be about provolone vs cheese whiz on a Philly Cheesesteak.  I eat too much cheese.  Havarti or provolone on sandwiches.  Irish Cashel blue cheese on crackers or crumbled up on a salad.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

QOTD:  Thought this was going to be about provolone vs cheese whiz on a Philly Cheesesteak.  

I should have asked, "Pat's or Geno's at 3 AM?"    (And provolone, of course!)

WC - I love eating cheeses from different regions.  Even though it can be the same type of cheese, the flavor is unique from what the local cows eat.  I've taken to buying imported butter too, when available.

Sandy - Very cool!  I'm beginning to envy your travels.

3/17 - NYC Half

XtremeTaper

8 miles last night on the trails at French Creek. Ran my old standby evening loop, combination of six penny, boone, horseshoe, and Lenape trails but ran it in reverse of my normal direction. Cool and cloudy last night which was good for the Lady. Rain from earlier in the day stopped before we got there, but trails were wet and muddy in places, but not too bad. Just the usual low spots of deep muck. Ran pretty well on the easy parts of trail last night but still not comfortable hopping among the rockier spots. So that means more than half the run was pretty slow!

Today, did a lunchtime road run on my development/park loop of 5 miles. Dash and splash type run. Actually more like 5.2 miles, at least that's what I recall my garmin measuring this route in days gone by. I am sure it's still the same but plays longer. Ha. Considering I mostly run trails these days, road running feels like speedwork to me, sans the speed.

QOTD: What's not to like about cheese? Sharp cheddar. Straight up, slice on crackers, pretzel chips, melted on a burger, grilled cheese. Whatever. There is a little bar and grille in Linfield PA, Railroad Street Bar and Grille, that specializes in unique grilled cheese sandwiches.

Sandy - Cool beans on the Stones. I saw them during one of their earlier farewell tours in 2006 or 2007 in Philly.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Hi all, I'm coming out of hiding today to say me and Mr Jangles got in 6 this morning. Finally starting to warm up so I got to run jacket free this morning.

I think this ultra stuff is getting to popular, i can't find a big race to sign up for without being on a waiting list. Seems like I waited to long to make up my mind to run 9 months in advance.

Maybe the golf course will be empty that day.

QOTD: i like blue cheese, extra sharp, pretty much any cheese that bites back

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.5 miles today.

Sandy: cool!

Berto: 7 in rain are still pretty awesome in my (current) books!

Warden: you are lucky. Cattle was domesticated and used for milk around 10,500 years ago, and the paleo time is dated around 10,000 years ago, so even though the invention of cheese cannot be dated conclusively (estimates range from 4,000 years ago to 10,000 years ago), you can probably have cheese on the paleo diet.  Never underestimate things adding up in your favor!

Jamie: The Father-Daughter-5k sounds like a real adventure. I hope you'll both enjoy it!

WC: Enjoy your later run!

AT: Don't you hate life getting in between you and your run!

XT: Speed is way overrated!

QOTD: I like cheese and eat almost any kind, but I am not crazy about it. Some good cheese every now and then is fine with me, I don't need it every day on everything. The only cheeses I don't eat are Austrian "Cooking Cheese", and German Quargel. They are the stinkiest cheeses you can imagine, and in contrast to some other "stinky" kinds of cheeses, they also taste like that.

Run for fun.

LB2

3.1 this morning. It was pleasant but a little muggy.

QOTD: Extra sharp cheddar. I usually eat it with Ritz crackers or by itself.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Quick stop by to wave and say hi.  Too busy with moving to run, but that'll should change soon.  Anyone want to come help us clean?

QOTD: I live in the land of cheese.  It's illegal to dislike cheese here.  I like all kinds of cheese and am very happy to eat a plate of it.  I'll have whatever George is having.  That's a good list.

Running is dumb.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

QOTD: I live in the land of cheese.  It's illegal to dislike cheese here.  I like all kinds of cheese and am very happy to eat a plate of it.  I'll have whatever George is having.  That's a good list.

That's a law I can stand behind. 

3/17 - NYC Half

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Isn't it also against the law to buy or possess fake cheese like Velveeta?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Isn't it also against the law to buy or possess fake cheese like Velveeta?

Ooops. Now I know where my kids will never move to. 

Run for fun.