Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 35 times)

Marley and I had a nice 3 mile trail run in the snow. We rescued a lost dog and got him back to his owner. He was lost because he followed Marley a mile and a half wanting to play and by the time we were back at the car he seemed pretty confused so we called the number on his collar.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Today's choice:

(a) 5am, dark, 32 deg.

(b) 5pm, dusk, 65 deg.

I slept in. Well I am tapering for a 30k that I am running with my DD next weekend.   :-)

qotd: (a) or (b)?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Snow day down here-- almost 4" of dry, nice snow that I'll get to go running in this afternoon.  probably just 4 miles, then yoga tonight.

TT- nice job with the dog rescue (especially since Marley played a key role in luring him away Smile!  Reminds me of the irish setter that followed my brother home one day after his paper route.  He brought the dog into the basement, hoping my mom wouldn't notice.  Thankfully he, too, had a collar with a phone number.

qotd:  I'd like to say (a) because it's such a great feeling starting the day with a run, but my history says it's usually (b)

some call me Tim

SRD2 right here. I'm recovering well enough from Sunday, but I want to squeeze in another 4-5hr effort this weekend, and it looks like I'll need all the help I can get. The top of the field for the Beast 50 just got a lot stouter and my chances at a podium spot now requires everything to go pretty perfectly.

qotd: I'd choose (b) unless the air is like soup. Both actually sound pretty good to me, but I'd usually choose the warmer option up till around the mid 70s

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for 2 chilly miles last night.  20* but felt like 10.  But for what some of you have, that is quite warm.

QOTD: Sandy - I vote for 5am based on the temperature.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got up early and walked the dogs...one mile  then I shovel pine needles for 1/2 hour (calling that a ST workout).  Plan is a lunch time run of 5.

QOTD:  Not considering anything else B sounds way better.  But I prefer if I do A so that it's done.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

5.1 trail miles last night.

QOTD I like to run in the mornings when it's cooler, but I usually end up running in the evenings due to getting to bed too late.

sugnim

Howdy all.  It's another day of thick, ice-covered roads, so I'm on foot again for my work commute.  I'm pretty done with this freezing rain thing.

QOTD: I choose option A because I'm better at running in the morning & prefer to spend the evening with my family.

Trailtromper: I bet the dog's owner was happy to have that call!

LB2

3 to 5 after work with the dog.

QOTD: A.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

4.5 on the back roads with snow falling and 4" of snow on the ground.  Only me and 1 truck out there.

Welcome back, Rocky (he posted in Monday's daily). Hope all is well.

QOTD:  A.  I'm a morning runner and 32* is a nice temperature for a run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Light snow falling. No time to get up to the mountain. I don't like to run on the local roads when the snow is coming down because of traffic and snowplows. Also the temp is in the teens so I'm wimping out and working out inside today. I'll start with a light jog on the wore out treadmill, follow with a 30-45 minute ride on the trainer, then finish with 30 minutes on the elliptical. Maybe throw in some balance and strength training as well.

QOTD: (b). Mostly because I hate mornings. I also prefer 65 over 32.

NorthernHarrier

More snow last night and I'm trying to drive around on just wicked roads. I'll be spending the afternoon driving around the Dells.  Still cold here and tomorrow looks to be just brutal so I will hit the trails after work by headlamp tonight as I'm thinking tomorrow will be another no-go.

QOTD--both temps look good to me so I would probably do the morning run of course depending on what else was going on during the day.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day because of my work schedule and the company's holiday party tonight.

I'd rather go for a run... I might switch my plans for tonight.

We received 3 or so inches of the white fluff stuff, and while the roads are treacherous, I'm looking forward to a lot of fun on the trails!

Martha: I avoid getting cold legs by wearing windbreaker pants (Rebook) over my tights. They are a very thin, mesh-lined fabric, so they don't restrict me, but keep my legs (especially the back of the thighs) nice and warm. I have run in these in sub-zero temps with wind, and not felt the cold on my legs.

TT: I am sure both the dog and his owner were very happy upon the reunion!

Rocky: Hope to hear from you more often again!

QOTD: I'd prefer b) because of the temperature, but as for me it is difficult to get a run in once the kids are back home from school, I'd chose a).

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Baby, it's cold outside...

My plan is do loops around the neighborhood tonight.  It's not exciting, but it's a way to get in a run without being too far from home when the dog inevitably gets too cold to be out there.  (Not sure how long she'll last.)   I am hoping for around 5 miles for myself.

QOTD: B!  B, b, b, b, b, b, b, b, b, bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!

Running is dumb.

QOTD: Definitely and without question A.

Oh and yes both dog and owner were very happy to be reunited.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida