Trailer Trash

Terrific Tuesdalies (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Why terrific??? I'm not at work, that's why. Too much Bull$hit going on there with the drama kings and queens.

Heading out to the gym later today for a good lifting session and probably will put some time in on the TM.

Getting some good snow melt around here. Making things foggy enough it's hard to see real far. At least it's getting rid of the snow.

QOTD: Lets talk seeing. How well do you see? Do you wear glasses or contacts?

Been wearing glasses since I was 12-13. Blind as a bat without my glasses. Just spend a bunch of money on two pairs of glasses and the one pair doesn't work at all. I'm very light sensitive so I need driving lenses for my main glasses and at least transitions in anything I'm wearing outside.  And about 6 years ago I developed old man eyes so I also need progressive vision lenses.  I won't deal with regular bifocals or cheaper no lines, just aint got the patience for that. This time I got a pair of nice sunglasses in a sport frame. The optician told me they would take my prescription but when they came it was like looking through a fishbowl . She did send them back to be swapped out with another frame that is a little more straight and flat so hopefully I will not have the prism effect.  In someways this has me considering corrective surgery. Not sure what I want to do. I hate having to spend $800.00 every two years to make sure I can see right.

LB2

I ran my normal 4.5 this morning. If I keep at it, I'll have a pretty good total for the month of March, more than planned.

QOTD: I wear reading glasses.

LB2

Sandy-2

Working from home today. Spending 3 hours on a web meeting anyway today, so I may as well be comfortable.  Plus I'm waiting for a delivery from Home Depot (tiles for the next bathroom to be worked on).

I plan to run 5 later today after the meeting.

qotd: I am nearsighted so only wear glasses while driving, watching TV, running, etc. But my vision isn't so bad the glasses just sharpen things up. I just run in my normal glasses, but they are feather light, I always get the super thin/light lenses and they always try to talk me out of it since my prescription is lite, but I go with them anyway. They are clear, but I'm thinking about getting a second pair with transition shading.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It was raining this morning so I blew off the run but may have a window when I get home.  Gym at lunch.

Qotd:  reading glasses...

dreamer:  get your eyes fixed

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

14 miles with mix of snow covered logging roads and trails. Saw a bear in the distance but he must have heard me huffing and puffing up the climb before I saw him.

QOTD:  Nearsighted since college and farsighted since age 48 or so.  Like most myopic people, if I don't have glasses or contacts on, I can see close up and read very well.  I wear contacts most of the time and have to use readers, which when not in use seem to be always on head.  When I do wear glasses, I have multi-focal lenses and they were a pain to get used to.  Vanity is not one of my many character flaws, so I don't mind wearing reading glasses around.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

It was raining this morning so I blew off the run but may have a window when I get home.  Gym at lunch.

Dogs are going to  give up on  be mad at you.  How's Jack doing?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Last night was a craptacular stride and slide on the trails of Green Lane. A rather awful mix of snow, ice, and mud made for very slow going. I cut my regular 7 mile loop down to 5 miles, then added another mile out/back on the paved path/bridge that crosses the lake. The Lady needed a mile shakeout to get rid of mud and debris anyway. Today at lunchtime, 8 miles into town and back. Pretty decent day. 50's maybe, no hat or gloves needed and sunshine made it pleasant conditions. Made it into town in time to hear the noontime bells at the church downtown, and then my neighbor drove by me on me on the way back, busting on me asking if I needed a ride. Nope. Still had 3 miles to go thank you very much. Out of the blue today I felt like a runner again. Been slogging about over 9 minute pace on the road and well under that today for some reason. Might do a short run with the Lady this evening as well.

QOTD: I can see clearly now when I read, work on the computer, but for distance vision need glasses.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You've been sluggging and than you have a great run so niw you have to do it again tonight!!!  Runners!  Maybe just walk the Lady and the Misses ...

Last night was a craptacular stride and slide on the trails of Green Lane. A rather awful mix of snow, ice, and mud made for very slow going. I cut my regular 7 mile loop down to 5 miles, then added another mile out/back on the paved path/bridge that crosses the lake. The Lady needed a mile shakeout to get rid of mud and debris anyway. Today at lunchtime, 8 miles into town and back. Pretty decent day. 50's maybe, no hat or gloves needed and sunshine made it pleasant conditions. Made it into town in time to hear the noontime bells at the church downtown, and then my neighbor drove by me on me on the way back, busting on me asking if I needed a ride. Nope. Still had 3 miles to go thank you very much. Out of the blue today I felt like a runner again. Been slogging about over 9 minute pace on the road and well under that today for some reason. Might do a short run with the Lady this evening as well.

QOTD: I can see clearly now when I read, work on the computer, but for distance vision need glasses.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

He's just fine.... but still dribbles and always will.

Dogs are going to  give up on  be mad at you.  How's Jack doing?

XtremeTaper

You've been sluggging and than you have a great run so niw you have to do it again tonight!!!  Runners!  Maybe just walk the Lady and the Misses ...

Of course that would be the smart thing but you should have seen the looks I got from both after getting back from my run. Plus I am feeling way behind on my hundro training. When I do doubles the second one is a relaxing no worry/no pressure jog. Maybe I should always run like that?!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

DigDug2

7 last night before bed, couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough to run this morning so 10 on the TM at lunch with some MP repeats.  Felt strong.

QOTD:  never worn glasses/contacts.  Get my vision checked every few years, but so far, so good.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to head out for 5-ish in about an hour; the weather here has been near perfect for running- temps in the 40-50's- shorts and long sleeve shirt- my favorite!

qotd: good eyes for distance, about 5 years ago had to break down and get readers (have them stashed all about)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √