Trailer Trash

It is Monday!!! (Read 37 times)

LB2

I'll get some miles on the trails after work today, probably 10 or 12.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It certainly is Monday.  I have a very calculated, strategic, well thought out plan to rest today.  Well ok I just decided to sleep in but should work out well.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning!  (and happy president's day to those getting a holiday).   Have an easy 4 miles planned for after work, then strength training at the gym.  It's sunny out and it'll warm up to 40 this afternoon.  Looking forward to running in that.  We're starting to see signs of springs here (DC)-- some crocuses are blooming along with other late winter blooms (for the gardeners/botanists here- winter aconite and snow drops).

qotd-- pass.  Thought of a good one earlier, but for the life of me,I  cannot remember it now when I need it.

Uh oh... now what?

The morning loop is did.  In about two weeks we will start having a sunrise to greet us.

QOTD:  Has trail running caused you to do any learning about nature (trees, rocks,

beasts of the field, bird, wild things, weather workings...)?

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I gotta get some miles in tonight.   For the first time in a long time, I had zero miles over the weekend.   Life just got in the way.......but i did do a little cross-training by taking my 4 year old DS ice skating for a couple hours yesterday.

qotd:   Not really....I have spent most of my life outdoors, hiking, camping, hunting.......and just recently took up trail-running.

Quick 3.6 this morning. My legs really wanted to keep going. This is my first time really training for a race and tapering and I feel like I want to go race NOW! ... must hold back until Saturday.... don't do anything stupid...

qotd: only if you count discovering what various bugs taste like (unintentionally), how many spiders fit on my hat, and how insanely loud squirrels are...  I hear this loud rustling somewhere in the trees, adrenaline starts kicking in as I try to locate the huge beast that must be nearby only to find a squirrel. Gets me every time.

mta: my undergrad degree is in geology so I tend to get distracted by rocks and enjoy learning about the local geology as I run through the forest

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  I'm working.  Who else?

QOTD: I think it's the other way around for me.  As a grad student I taught Botany labs so had some knowledge of things natural.  That appreciation got me into the woods, first as mt. biker now trail runner.

John M - you'll have the sun rise greeting you for only a week until we do the clock switch thing again on 3/9.

lynde - we had a thread a few years ago in RWOL discussing trail sounds being inversely proportional to the size of the beast.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

<------- working here too while DW is home with the kids - oh she is not happy.

QOTD: I can say I am more aware and open to learning about trees, weather, animals etc now.  I did spend time last year trying to understand why the large black bear I saw last year was staring me down.  I read some and talked to a few people.  I feel a tad more at ease now than I did then.  I pay much more attention to weather stuff now.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's a day off for me.  I am planning on setting out for 7 ish but hoping to make it 13.  Yesterday was a beautiful day but it's cooler and cloudy today and rain due tomorrow.  So need to do some outside chores but at least I can cross of washing the jeep, why bother if it's gonna rain.

QOTD:  Sad to say John, no I do not try to learn more about what I see.  I see a pretty tree, rock, bird, view,  path, etc and move on.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Birdwell

Morning Folks!

2.5 miles at my "I can't believe I call this running" recovery pace.

I might try for another 3-4 later this evening.

QOTD: Since running trails, geology has really started to intrigue me,.

Occasional Runner

Travel day! Up at 3 am and have been on the move since. Headed to Nebraska, New Mexico and Arizona this week. No time for a run this morning, but I'll make up the miles later, I'm sure.

QOTD: No. I think I was dialed into that stuff well before I was a runner.

Wandering Wally

Catching up from the weekend:

Friday - Rested

Saturday - 144 minutes.  Temp went from 20F at the start to 2F at the end.  Yikes!

Sunday - 62 minutes.

Today I am resting.

QOTD - Sort of.  Since I am in contact with more stuff when I trail run I do try to identify it as I go.  If I see a granite boulder out in the middle of the woods I have a good look at it to see if it has one mostly flat side.  Good chance it's a glacial erratic.  Granite is not native to this area, but glaciers pushed it here.  I also keep a sharp eye out for logging era artifacts.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LB2

QOTD: I was in tune with most of those things prior to trail running. It is part of the reason I started trail running. Mainly, I still look for the same things: Deer sign, which I pass onto my brother and dad because I don't do much deer hunting anymore. And turkey sign, which I pretty much keep to myself because I spend a great deal of time on that pursuit.

LB2

Irish Luck

The mister and me both have a holiday today, so he's painting the kitchen while I unpack some boxes on our third floor (only a year after moving into our house!)  Shocked  We have a Monday night yoga class, but I'm not sure if he's going to peel himself away from the project. We shall see.

QOTD: Sadly, no. I have paid more attention to the soil makeup of the various parks/trails near me, so I know which ones are better/worse after precipitation or dry spells.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

XtremeTaper

About 6.5 miles this evening for LadyB and me on the sometimes muddy, sometime icy, and often time frozen crunchy foot/hoof print indented trails along green lane reservoir.

QOTD: I notice more things out in the woods for sure as I am out there more these days. Seasonal things, like the place where the lady slipper orchids bloom in May, the best patches of blooming Mt. Laurel in early June, the skunk cabbage coming up in the wetlands in spring, things like that.

In dog beers, I've only had one.