Trailer Trash

Brrrr! Friday (Read 40 times)

NorthernHarrier

Yup, still cold here. The temp will rise a tad today but we are supposed to have big wind with gust to 40mph. Add another inch or two of snow and it looks to be another interesting day.

Did get a swim in this morning of 1000yds and am now doing weights and elliptical with coffee to help. I hope to get another run in tonight but with this weather I could easily talk myself out of it.

QOTD--What do you wish you were good at but aren't?

I wish I could skate ski like the pros. They make it look so easy,

Occasional Runner

I'm in Vegas now on a layover during our drive to Phoenix. We'll finish the trip this morning as soon as I can find some breakfast. Resting today, running 100 miles tomorrow. I hope anyway...

I accepted a pretty sweet job offer yesterday. I was hoping to take some more time off, but I'm looking forward to this new role.

QOTD: Stand up paddle boarding. I can surf pretty well but I don't have the balance to pull off the SUP as well as I would like. Jo is awesome at it though. That makes it even more annoying. She's pretty happy to be better than me at something.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very nice here- lows in the teens, but warming into the 40's for highs!  will strength train this evening after work

qotd: that would make for a pretty long list Smile  would love to be a better photographer- hard to accurately capture what you see when you're out running and hiking

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Yup, still cold here, too.  We've had our share of single digits here which is uncommon.  I'm starting to tally the garden losses.....  Oh, wait, we're here about running, which is something I haven't done since Monday.  I will today-- 4 miles later during swimming. My excuse is that it has been icy AND windy.  The two things I hate most.  give me time, I can come up with a few more excuses...

qotd:  good question!  Photography.  In my dream second life, I"d be a national geo photographer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD: Hmm...So many things.  Wish I had been a tad bit better at basketball in college - maybe I could have done something with it.  Maybe tennis too.  Definitely want to be better at staying injury free!!!! Wish I was a better writer (not the fiction kind...the research kind).  Oh I know....I wish I was a better handy-man.  When it comes to fixing things around the house I am not so great.  I try but ends up taking 4x as long or I make things worse (currently dealing with what I think is a clogged air vent - all the sinks gurgle and drain slowly.  I need to get on the roof and snake it but it's winter, 8 deg out and there is snow/ice on the roof )

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

TripleBock

Nice refreshing breeze in WI ... 20-30MPH

6.25 this am (On TM)

I am trying to fit in another short one at lunch

QOTD:  I am a jack of a few trades and a master of none.  Anytime I spend a lot of time on any one thing I get OK at it, but never really good.  If I could pick 3, it would be a better Christian, Husband and Father.  For the last 10 years I have spent the most time running, so I guess running would be up there.  Followed by Wakeboarding, Golf, Volleyball, and Downhill skiing.  There are a lot more thins I do, but those 5 activities stick out.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TripleBock

Definitely this too

I wish I was a better handy-man.  When it comes to fixing things around the house I am not so great.

TripleBock

Have a great race!

I'm in Vegas now on a layover during our drive to Phoenix. We'll finish the trip this morning as soon as I can find some breakfast. Resting today, running 100 miles tomorrow. I hope anyway...

I accepted a pretty sweet job offer yesterday. I was hoping to take some more time off, but I'm looking forward to this new role.

QOTD: Stand up paddle boarding. I can surf pretty well but I don't have the balance to pull off the SUP as well as I would like. Jo is awesome at it though. That makes it even more annoying. She's pretty happy to be better than me at something.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Like NorthernHarrier said, The weather here is ridiculous.  I can't remember another winter that has been this bad in terms of BOTH snow and cold.  I'm really sick of it.  <WHINE WHINE WHINE>  Bella and I ran 4.5 miles last night and my legs were frozen by the end of it and I had on two pairs of tights.  I will either attempt a run or walk after work today, but the snow and wind could make it interesting. <insert more whining>

QOTD:  Ummm, running?    Like others have said, being a better photographer would be cool too.  And a better cyclist.  And a better snowboarder.  Can I just be a better version of me?

Congrats, Kelly!  Details?

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Morning folks! Got in 5 slow miles late last night.

QOTD: Not good at? Mainly running.

Occasional Runner

Congrats, Kelly!  Details?

Managing the terminal and transportation business for an international energy company. Nothing very sexy, but it pays very well and I get to stay in Utah.

My old company agreed to pay me through mid April, so I really wanted to take as much time off as I could. I'm not ready to go back to work yet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning Rocky and I ran 6 miles on the trails in 3 degrees, I will say that I have been wanting and wishing for frosty eyelashes every time I see other runners with them. This morning I finally got my wish and took pics to prove it!! I was actually scared that my eyes were going to freeze shut, luckily they didn't. This was definitely a tough run, but I love the bragging rights and the looks I get from people when I tell them about my runs in this weather. It was a slow run, 6 miles in 1:10:20 but I very much enjoyed the peace on the trails. Smile

Rocky really enjoyed it, though I think this is as cold as I would take him out in and I definitely wouldn't have taken him out for a longer run or on the road as I am sure the asphalt would have seriously hurt his paws in this kind of weather. His whiskers are probably frosted mostly because he was rutting around in the snow and ice during the run, but he was seriously wanting to keep going and probably would have.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Got in 5 easy, pain-free miles last night on the treadmill. Crossing my fingers I'm not catching my fiance's awful cold though. I'm hoping to get in my long run tonight after work since this weekend my bridesmaids are coming into town to go dress shopping (for them, not me.)

QOTD: I love snowboarding, and I think I've gotten pretty good over the last 3-4 years but I wish I was more FEARLESS about it. I still have a lot of reservations about going fast.

Marley was sick last night. She was throwing up and going crazy eating dirt, leaves, twigs, and licking the floor, sidewalk, or whatever. She seemed really distressed. She had an episode like this before and we gave her the same medicine the vet recommended at that time. She finally settled down a bit when I was about to take her to the emergency vet. I was glad because that seems to wind up being over $1000 no matter what when we go to the pet ER.

Today I figured we should take it easy  because she had been sick and I had been up with her.   So I planned a hike instead of a run. We got there and she was full of energy and seemed happy so I made it an easy 3 mile jog even though I was in hiking clothes. She seems perfectly normal now.

QOTD: Running would be one, but I could make a long list.  Mostly though I am just happy to be able to enjoy the stuff that I do.  After all I am blessed with the ability to do almost any sport or activity well enough to enjoy it even if I don't excel at them all.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Plan on 5 or so  snowy miles tonight.

QOTD I wish i was better at eating healthy!