Trailer Trash

Morning after the Oscars Mondaily (Read 41 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not watch the Oscars last night - instead went to bed early, woke up early and got in 4.25 miles of intervals at the gym.  Felt good.  Got in a little workout after.

QOTD: Do you ever dream about running and/or the trails?

I do not but after a weird dream last night, I wished I had been dreaming about running trails.  For as much as I think about it, I wonder why I don't dream about it more.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I have 6 scheduled on some new-to-me trails I discovered this weekend.  I did 10 yesterday on these trails and they were a lot of fun.  Sunset is finally late enough that I can get to the "closed at dusk" trails after work, so I'm high on that...spring is coming fast!

qotd: I know I have trail running dreams because I've woken myself (and my gf) up numerous times kicking my feet trying to catch myself from falling.  I've never recollected a dream where I am running successfully...just falling.

**Ask me about streaking**

Ky JohnTerry

Good Morning,

I am planning on a 4 miler this afternoon. I did not run the trails this weekend but I did ski some trails. Paoli Peaks, IN with the Boy Scouts and we had a blast. 6:30pm - 3:00am session. I did not realize how hungry you can get the next day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be careful and stay dirty.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good morning everyone.  I've got a 6 miler in the hills planned for this afternoon, we've had several warm days into the 40's- hoping the mud isn't too bad from the snow melt????

qotd: yeah I have running dreams.  Years ago  when I first got started into logging I would have sawing dreams, I'd be sawing all night in my dreams and then get woken up by the alarm- thoroughly exhausted AND then have to really go to work! Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Yesterday ran a total of 21 miles, split into 2 runs. The first run was 17 mi out at VF park, mostly all trails, including Mt Joy, Mt Misery, and Chapel Hill trails. Felt bad about not taking the dogs out so after a burrito on the way home, picked up the dogs, and we headed out for a short hilly run of 4 mi in the Coventry Woods trails.

Today, a short run after work on the trails with the dog. Not sure of location yet. Maybe Warwick park. I could use something easy today.

Filled out the Laurel Highlands ultra race app (70.5 mi version) yesterday , signed, attached check, affixed postage, placed in the mailbox. Old school.

QOTD: Running dreams. Oh yeah. I have those. They often involved running indoors, through buildings, up stairs, through basements, and craziest of all have me leading races sometimes. My golf dreams are much worse and always involve trying to get a wedge shot to stick on a dining room table top, or swing the driver when there is a wall behind me impeding my backswing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

The Oscars= a bunch of wealthy celebrities gathering together to tell each other how awesome they are. Awards shows are ridiculous.

I did 6 miles of speed work and then had a great core workout in the gym. I'm feeling pretty fit this morning!

QOTD: Never have.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Oh, the Oscars - did I miss them again! Well, it won't change anything in my life, in fact, I've never watched them. Big grin

Just about to head out for a nice trail run in the sun. Temps are a bit warmer, up to about 40. It feels like spring, but there's still snow up on the mountain. It might even be icy - I'd prefer mud over that!

Jamie: Nice morning workout. It feels good to get up and out early sometimes!

Jamezilla: New trails are always exciting. Have fun out there!

Ky: That session sounds like the long run to me, but skiing makes the time go by so quickly. Nice side-effect is that all-you-can-eat really pays off then!

warden: I guess it's going to be muddy... Cool

taper: Great miles! I also do race applications old-school, if possible. I don't see why I should pay $7.50 or so just for the online application!

lace: Nice fitness program early in the morning. I'm with you on my appreciation for celebrities. Joking

QOTD: I either dream that I have to catch myself from falling, then I jerk and wake up - pretty uncomfortable. Or I dream that I am running and can't find my way around. Each time I come to an intersection, I don't know where to go, just pick a trail, and end up at another intersection. Lots of very unreasonable adventures along the way, which makes these dreams quite entertaining. And I am not panicky or afraid about being lost, I just take it as it is, and get into another adventure. Does that tell anything about my real life? Big grin

Have fun, trailers!

Run for fun.

Good morning all. Yesterday ran a total of 21 miles, split into 2 runs. The first run was 17 mi out at VF park, mostly all trails, including Mt Joy, Mt Misery, and Chapel Hill trails. Felt bad about not taking the dogs out so after a burrito on the way home, picked up the dogs, and we headed out for a short hilly run of 4 mi in the Coventry Woods trails.

Today, a short run after work on the trails with the dog. Not sure of location yet. Maybe Warwick park. I could use something easy today.

Filled out the Laurel Highlands ultra race app (70.5 mi version) yesterday , signed, attached check, affixed postage, placed in the mailbox. Old school.

QOTD: Running dreams. Oh yeah. I have those. They often involved running indoors, through buildings, up stairs, through basements, and craziest of all have me leading races sometimes. My golf dreams are much worse and always involve trying to get a wedge shot to stick on a dining room table top, or swing the driver when there is a wall behind me impeding my backswing.

XTreme - I didn't know you were a Southeast PA runner. Love the Valley Forge trails.

I almost went out to VF too yesterday, but decided to go to Wissahickon park instead. Got in 14 miles, body felt great but my head wasn't in it.

Today is a scheduled rest day, but will probably take the pup out for a nice long walk at lunch to enjoy some milder weather we're having.

QOTD: Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever had dreams about running, trail or otherwise. I often have those dreams where you are trying to run away from something but you are in slow motion (go ahead and analyze that one.)

Low_O2

Rest day for the dog and I today.

9.5 very flat and windy miles along the Bosque trails yesterday with the dog.

XT: I saw some pics of your dogs floating around here somewhere, good looking pooches! I understand feeling bad for leaving them behind. Mine just knows when he is not invited and puts on a pretty serious sad puppy dog face! Luckily he comes with almost every time, unless it is too hot out or a race.

jame: nice work on the intervals, I really need to do some of those....

Jamezilla: love finding new trails!

warden: Is the mud around your parts like the ND badlands mud? That's where I grew up and it can get pretty treacherous!

Yeah, the Oscars are pretty terrible. Turned it on while eating and only lasted a minute before changing to another terrible, but less so show. We don't watch much TV around here, so no fancy cable.

Sandy-2

8th day w/o running.  Although I did go to the gym and did some sort of ellipital contraption yesterday.  Low impact and didn't "stress" my ankle.  Have the MRI on Wed afternoon.

The doctor has already told me that we are either going to find something or confirm that I can run on it and just have to "suck it up" (his words), good doctor.

qotd: No, but do "daydreams" count?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

Yellow dog and I went and played in some snow for 4.5 this morning. Working from home has it's benefits.

QOTD: I hardly ever remember dreams of any kind.

Jame: Nice work out

Jamezilla: Enjoy the new trails

MT: have fun this afternoon

XT: Have a good run with the pooch

Lace: Nice miles

FTYC: Have fun and enjoy the sun

Mary and Low: Enjoy the rest

Low where in ABQ are you?

Irish Luck

XT: I'm always out at Mt. Misery and Mt. Joy with the mister, we've probably crossed paths! 

SRD today.

QOTD: Yes, I have had race dreams, but they usually involve anxiety about missing the start time (while parked at the race) or leaving the house an hour after we should have. Silly dreams.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

URD for me. Something bad did happen to my foot. I've either got a deep bone bruise (likely) or a stress fracture (not as likely) on my right foot.

either way I'm taking some time off from running (At least the next week and a half). I'm going to trade my outdoor running for a lot of elliptical work as well as swimming and general weight lifting. I don't think any of those should make the injury any worse.

QOTD: no dreams, some nightmares (Mainly leading up to a r2r2r attempt last year)

Low_O2

Hey dpc3, I live on the west side. You must be close to the foothills? If so, I'm jealous! In the winter I do most of my runs out my back door on the west mesa, but head to the Sandias and Sangre de Cristos more often once the temps start climbing in the spring/summer.

Birdwell: Ouch! Hope a bit of rest takes care of the problem.

dpc3

I need to get up into the Sangre de Cristos more