Trailer Trash

Happy New Year Wednesdailies (Read 35 times)

moonlightrunner

Happy New Year Everyone!

I got up before dawn today and ran 7 snowy miles.  It was only 9 degrees, but no wind so it really was not bad.  Actually, weather channel said it was 9.6 degrees.  Pretty sure the .6 made it bearable. It was snowy and beautiful out, and there was no one else there....no cars other than my own at the trail head even when I finished.  I love it when it is like that.  I am beginning to love winter running...once I get out there it is fun. Convincing myself to get out the door is the hard part.

qotd: Since it is the new year....what good things are you expecting/working toward for 2014?

Since I spent 2013 losing 100 pounds and learning how much fun running is in a smaller body, I hope to keep the weight off and begin to work on some speed with my running, as well as adding distance. Of course, there will be lots of time with grandchildren and adjusting to my new job at work too.  It will all be good, I hope.

Happy Trails to all!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

NorthernHarrier

Still feeling ill, been 8 days now. Probably not gonna be running 14 today. Did do a weight and elliptical workout though. I'll watch the Badgers lose another bowl game and then maybe run if I'm up for it.

4F here with yet some more snow. In Anchorage it is 19F.   Just for comparison.

QOTD-I'll start buying more lottery tickets-my new retirement plan.  I am planning my regular Ontario canoe trip but not quite sure if I want to go back to some old reliable beautiful spots or try to find a new one. More adventure.  Backpack in the Wind River range in Sept.  As far as running- stay healthy and keep enjoying every step.

muppy

Will do a few miles after work, I know I'm so lucky to work today at least it's double time and half!

Hope  you feel better NH!

Moonlight, losing 100 pounds, congrats!

QOTD I'm still trying unsuccessfuly to lose weight, I'm pushing 240.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

The flu caught up with me and I'm sorry for anyone else who gets it , I haven't been this sick in many years . I think I'll have to pass on the 14 mile run today . I did get drawn in the TRT lottery , my first time in a lottery for a race entry .

QOTD : No real plans of any kind . My husband would like to try and find some rental property to buy and I would really like to relocate not sure if it will happen in 2014 .

XtremeTaper

Just 5 miles for me today on the trails of Monocacy Hill. The old springer SirB wanted to start off his New Year's with a run so we did not go too far. Of course the gsp LadyB ran with us as well. Normal winter day here. High 20's, grey skies, no wind. Pretty nice actually for running and with the low temps the muddy trails were all frozen and crunchy which means I had clean dogs afterwards. Sorry MTWarden, no 14 for me today either.

QOTD: Really can't think of much I want to accomplish in 2014. How lame is that?!

Moonlight - Congrats on your weight loss in 2013!

Harrier - Crap, that state of yours is cold. We are getting a small taste of that Friday I think.

I didn't take this picture today but it is from the trails I ran today taken a few years back during the winter. The leash-less beast is our old PrincessBonnie.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2d905b3127ccef0e46afe145000000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D0300501547381019905790145804837.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Happy new year, trailers!  Just returning from a week in MN, getting in a few sub- zero runs.  Kept the streak going and mastered the gear needed for -5 in the woods.  also got a pair of hand me down yaktrax, which worked well for my needs. Lost my borrowed springer in the woods at dark, but we finally met up.

will get in 5 later in the balmy 40 degrees

Overall, a good week.  Sorry to hear so many sick with this nasty flu bug going around.

Chnaiur

Ended last year well by skiing eight out of the last ten days. Skiing is awesome in all conditions I encountered: sunny with low snow, rocky with low snow, icy with low snow, and rainy with low snow. I had a new experience when I slid backward and caught my edges on the tip of a 6-foot spruce. I did a nice backward tumble over it and landed nicely upside down below it.

Doing five miles in the park later today. It will be my first run in 12 days, but my legs are pretty fried so I will take it easy.

QOTD: ski and run more, lose a little weight to get into racing shape, and have more peace and contentment in my life.

Happy New Year Everyone!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

sugnim

Happy International Buy A New Calendar Day!

I got up and out for a run before the sun rose this morning.  It was great to watch it come up over the mountains while I did a 7.3 mile run on slick, icy trails.  I knew it would be a great run when I was the only vehicle at the trail head.

QOTD:  I'm looking forward to watching my son grow and hearing his first words this year.  Running-wise, I'm looking forward to getting in as many great miles as I can.  Smile

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I got in what should be 14 today.  Not sure of actual distance but we'll chalk it up as a 14er.

We went to a party last night and then did our usual trip to the Gettysburg Square for music and fireworks.  I really love my litle town when the tourists are gone.

QOTD:  I'm hoping to do more adventure runs this year.  I already have 2 fast packing trips planned that will be about 80-100 miles each with 1-2 nights spent on the trail.  Still plan on a few races.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy and Healthy New Years to everyone!  Got my 14 miles in this morning, beautiful morning for a run- will post a few pics in the 2014 14 mile thread.

qotd: I'm going to run several of the same races I ran last year, there is definitely room for improvement so that's one goal; going to run the Zion Traverse this Spring- God willing of course

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Marley and I had a very pleasant and fairly fast 5 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD:

I am planning the following for 2014:

1. Ride the new Adventure Cycling mountain bike route in Idaho bike packing style.  Soak in a bunch of hot springs and catch a lot of trout on the trip.  Hit a bunch of interesting places on the drive out and on the drive home.

2. Start learning to play the guitar.

3. Fly fish a bunch of the streams in Shenandoah National park.

4. Build and shoot a bunch of high tech potato cannons.

5. Do enough target shooting to hone my skills (pellet guns and real guns).

6. Trail run most days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

Happy New Year trailers,

I had a nice 14 mile trail run today, I think I've perfected my snot-rocket for the

season.

moonlight: That's quite an accomplishment, congrats.

QOTD: I signed up for an April 50K this morning. 2014 is my year to check out the

>26 mile distance.

Snowdenrun

Happy New Year Trailers!

I got a run in yesterday unexpectedly, which was nice. Not sure what'll happen today.

QOTD: I'm not huge on resolutions- they never seem to work. But I do have some general goals I'm working towards.

1. Work on self confidence.

2. Don't be afraid to stick up for myself.

3. Run for enjoyment- weather that means one run a week or training for some insane distance.

4. Work to get physically stronger.

5. Continually learn fire/EMS stuff.

Have a wonderful new year!

Daydreamer1

I got out for 6.5 miles this evening. Cold, cold weather is supposed to set in for several days so I just may hit the gym tomorrow.

QOTD: I want to drop another 10-15 pounds and work on strength training. I'm hoping to get in about 2000 miles of running and the same on the bike. I'm signed up for two races, a marathon and a 50k, both trail races.

Sandy-2

Did 15 this afternoon.  Was going to do 14, but overshot it a little...  oooops!!!

I'll post some photos in the 14er thread. later.

qotd:  Got something in the works at the job that could impact things a bit, stay tuned.  But the plan is to continue what I'm doing running-wise.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL