Trailer Trash

Super Sundailies (Read 246 times)

NorthernHarrier

Ran 13 today. Pretty smooth and went surprisingly well. Gives me hope. We have some tropical weather rolling in for the week. Feel bad for WabiSabi as it's gonna be difficult to train for the Birkie. Not much snow up north either. But I'll be running in shorts this week. In January. In Wisconsin. Yup, climate change is a myth. Angry

Sandy-- Come on, you didn't really think Dalton and the Bungles were really gonna beat the Texans. No way. The first playoff games are easy to predict, usually anyway with the Redskin/Seahawks the exception.

boyjame--Yeah, this week I favor the Patriots. Actually I'm thinking the Pat's beat the Packers in the SuperBowl this year. But I don't gamble.

Hope everyones day went well.

Scrapster

Evening, Trailers.  No running yesterday (ugh), but got in 12M on new-to-me trails on the way back to WI-home this afternoon.  Weather was perfect, trails were amazing, and the company was the best.  Smile

Beautiful pic, sugnim!

QOTD:  Fave is eggs over easy on toast, or a bowl of sugar cereal (Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, Coco Puffs, etc.).  Usual is Ensure or steel cut oats with berries.

Have a great evening, everyone.

nc tam

Basement cardio and weights before work.  Tried to run.  Everything was glazed with ice which I didn't expect. Almost fell in the driveway -- no prob as the driveway is often slick.  Then fell on a dry-looking patch of road.  Thought I was smart and moved to the shoulder.  I went another 10 yards before the ice-coated grass flipped my feet skywards.  I can take a hint.  So I walked very carefully home.

QOTD.  Pancakes or waffles with fruit and maple syrup.  I have recipes from the King Arthur flour website.  Best. Pancakes. Ever.  And we get to eat in our pjs!

Just got back from a 20-miler on the same trails as last weekend's 50-miler.  Perfect weather for running; although it rained just a tad.  I have one more "monster" mileage weekend and then it's taper time!

qotd: before a long run I've been going for a bagel and fruit smoothie with almond butter.  But if I'm having a leisurely breakfast, I like to make some sort of egg-based meal (quiche is a particular favorite).

Weegee

20 miler bearing a surprising resemblance to EDRW's, but with a few more wrong turns.  Felt great despite yesterday's 50K, so I think I'm coming back to life from my little lull this fall.  The fear of re-running Badger Mountain has me motivated, and the lengthening days even more so.

Glad to see everyone was able to get out for a little bit and most of us kept it shiny side up.  And I hope you escaped without any bruises, NC Tam.

QOTD: Eggel Bagel (scrambled eggs on a bagel with cheese) and a barrel of coffee.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

PT exercises and two walks with Bella.

QOTD: I've never had it, but Weegee's answer sounds delicious.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Got out for what has become my normal 6.3 mile loop. This is getting boring, so I'm going to have to increase my miles and add different roads.

QOTD: My favorite is the Shady Maple buffet in Lancaster County Pa. Has just about anything you could want and I get there about once a year. My normal is a bowel of Maple & Brown Sugar mini wheats. For the next five days it will be a steak, egg and cheese sandwhich at the PA farmshow. The beef board makes one with real steak that is delicious.

Trail Monster

Late to the party. 18.23 today, including a half marathon. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I never made it over the clouds, but it was a great day to go for a snowy run in the mountains anyway.

mtwarden:  If you are in the Missoula area next week, a group is meeting to run the Pengelly Double Dip course, and you should join us.  I noticed it is on your list of races for 2013.  

I'd love to join you guys, but it will be a while before I'm back in Missoula Sad  I've run up and over Sentinel down to the Kim Williams trail before, I've run the radio hill before too- that w/o a doubt is wicked steep (and no switchbacks!), I haven't run the stretch from the top of the M down the fire road and then up the Pengally trail before though.  Next time I'm in Missoula I'm definitely going to give  the entire route a go.  Let me know how it goes next weekend

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Finished a really hard half marathon today.  2:50 with 3800 feet of climbing and really killer scrambled egg tacos afterwards followed by a firestone 15th anniv ale.  Legs are thrashed tonight.

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com

Ultra Cowboy

EG Well done.  good choice of fluids.

I planned on 14 on a new trail but  it turned out to be less than 9. More elevation than I'd bargained for and made it back just in time for DD2's second half of basketball game.  They lost in overtime.

QOTD- Either An Omelet or Waffles.

WYBMADIITY

Save

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Got out for what has become my normal 6.3 mile loop. This is getting boring, so I'm going to have to increase my miles and add different roads.

QOTD: My favorite is the Shady Maple buffet in Lancaster County Pa. Has just about anything you could want and I get there about once a year. My normal is a bowel of Maple & Brown Sugar mini wheats. For the next five days it will be a steak, egg and cheese sandwhich at the PA farmshow. The beef board makes one with real steak that is delicious.

I've never heard of measuring out your breakfast based on the size of your bowel....I suppose it makes some sense.  SurprisedBig grin

I think I'll stick with bowls though.