Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I got in a nice 4 mile trail run. It was 58 F, cloudy, and surprisingly sticky. More varieties of pollen seem to be kicking in daily.

QOTD: How are the pollen and seasonal allergies where you are?  They are really starting to kick in here but are not close to their peak yet.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for and easy 10 miler.  Legs feel pretty good from yesterday's long run.

QOTD: Just starting to pick up around here.  I live in apple country, so in about 2 weeks it will be pretty bad when the apple blossoms pop out.  I sneeze a lot in the mornings, but usually feel pretty good by noontime.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Doing about 6 miles on some smooth hilly trails.

QOTD I noticed I've been sneezing a lot the last week so I say yes. Guess it's time to take the allergy meds again.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planning 9 later.

qotd: This does not effect me but someone at work sneezed like 7 times in a row and someone else's stated it's the pollen so I guess it's here.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 10 this morning.  Just as muggy as yesterday, another sweat-fest.

Hey, this is cool, today the Houston Chronicle did a full 2-page update profile on my DD.  It takes up the whole front page of the "Lifestyle" section.   You guys know all this stuff since I always play the proud Dad around here...  Here is a link to the online version, if you scroll thru the photos there's even a couple with her old man in them. They were going to take some photos of her riding and me running, but it was the day I was leaving for Cajun Coyote 100 miler and I didn't have time.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/article/Fierce-young-horsewoman-rides-to-win-5395871.php#/12

qotd: we have world-class pollen around here.  Some people are walking around like sneezing zombies.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

I went out for a mt. bike ride on the trails I normally do my LR on. Climbing up thehills really kicked my ass, funny how I can run up them likes its nothing but it was
              a real challenge on a bike. I have a renewed respect for the mt bikers now.

AT: That's some real nice weekend mileage.

QOTD: It's normally bad around here, but it hasn't kicked in yet. Doesn't seem to effect me so

I consider myself lucky.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did 10 this morning.  Just as muggy as yesterday, another sweat-fest.

Hey, this is cool, today the Houston Chronicle did a full 2-page update profile on my DD.  It takes up the whole front page of the "Lifestyle" section.   You guys know all this stuff since I always play the proud Dad around here...  Here is a link to the online version, if you scroll thru the photos there's even a couple with her old man in them. They were going to take some photos of her riding and me running, but it was the day I was leaving for Cajun Coyote 100 miler and I didn't have time.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/article/Fierce-young-horsewoman-rides-to-win-5395871.php#/12

qotd: we have world-class pollen around here.  Some people are walking around like sneezing zombies.

Makes me sign up...anyway around that so I can see the full story?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!  Still taking it pretty easy, running-wise.  Got in 5.5 last night with the borrowed springer at the refuge nearby.  New trails for me here in MN.  Both of us got fairly muddy, so it was a win all around.  Got in a yoga/torture class in this morning so I'm good for the day.  My left hip flexor is feeling sore, don't know what it's about and it was that way before yoga.

Heading to the Black Hills tomorrow, via the Badlands.  Looking forward to some running in the week ahead.

qotd:  Just in MN now, and their pollen season is just starting, and with a vengeance.  Until about 5 years ago, I did not have any sensitivity or allergies.  Now, I take claritin everyday until Halloween.

AT-runner

Tim

Got my run in and had mean encounter with horsey people (see other thread).

jonferg - DW and I have a 24hr race in 6 weeks, so I've been pushing my weekend mileage.

Sandy, nice story.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

SRD, working a 24 hour shift. After this it's five days off and I'm planning on running each day. The last week to get in major mileage before my 50k.

QOTD: I'm sure some people are starting to be bothered with them but so far I've not been. Some years it bothers me others it doesn't.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to head out for a few summer miles before winter hits again. I hope my plants will survive it.

QOTD: Don't even mention it! Same as traildc, I did not have any allergies until my mid-thirties, then it hit full force. Now it's hard to even find an allergy medicine that is effective, the OTC ones don't work for me any more (and that prescription stuff is expensive! - just can't do without it from April through August).

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

Did 3 miles with the dog today. It was perfect morning. I love this time of year..post snow and cold... per mosquito and fly.

Considering 7 later today. Tomorrow I start my new job, new hours and an outdoor boot camp after work...it is supposed to snow tomorrow

Qotd: it does not bother me...but those i know with allergies ate suffering.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Makes me sign up...anyway around that so I can see the full story?

I thought that link was open so you didn't have to sign up.  You can try going through Google, search for "Fierce young horsewoman" (sounds like some kind of internet moniker.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

runtraildc

Considering 7 later today. Tomorrow I start my new job, new hours and an outdoor boot camp after work...it is supposed to snow tomorrow

Good Luck tomorrow!  (on both the new job AND the boot camp!)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

stationary bike for ~30 minutes, got on the treadmill and walked (pretty slowly @ 2.5 mph) for a 1/2 mile- still have four full weeks to recover for my race in May (fingers crossed)

qotd: pretty low here still (got a skiff of snow yesterday), fortunately don't seem to suffer from allergies

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √