Trailer Trash

Biblical Rain Thursdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

We've had almost 5" of rain in the past 15 hours, so I stayed indoors and ran on the hamster wheel.  Did some 800's but not too fast.  Might head out with DW later for a few easy road miles if rain lightens up.  Rain has been scarce this summer, so I'm not complaining at all. I usually don't mind running in the rain, but it was really coming down and I have a hard time starting my run in a heavy downpour. If I had been out there already, I probably would have enjoyed it (as in kid in a puddle fun).

Got  a new pair of Altra Lone Peak 3.0's.  Wanted to test then out, so another reason to treadmill today.

QOTD:  Talk amongst yourselves. (Got nothing)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, Tim!  And all you other slackers who show up later.

I might try a little run today after work - we'll see how things feel.

I won a $100 Altra gift card at my race last weekend.  Sadly the Lone Peaks are just too minimal for me.  The last time I tried an easy 5 mile run in them they left my AT cranky for weeks.  I do like them for hiking though.  I'm debating between buying the Torins or Paradigms.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Yikes AT, that is a lot of rain but yes we need it.. only 1-1.5" here so far according to accu-weather map. You seem closer to the bullseye. Runtrail must really be getting dowsed.  http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pennsylvania/weather-radar-24hr

Run last night was from home, mix of road and trails for 7.5 miles. Not much to report. Grey and gloomy, cool but humid. Unfortunately the rain held off other than a few patches of light drizzle during my run. Might head over to Green Lane this evening for 7 miles on the rocky side of the lake.

Mandy - Weird on the Altras.. I don't find them very minimalist at all but of course the zero drop could get your achilles I suppose. But the Torin's are the same just road shoes. I wore them last night for my run. My latest pair is very comfy.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all, forgot to post yesterday since I couldn't come up with an easy answer to the qotd.  Well, lots of places, but we're here to talk running, right?  Got in 3.5 miles on Tuesday and even a shorter run (2.5 miles) last night plus yoga.  We have a break in the rain right now, but I have to run a few errands instead of running.  I also need to confirm DS's XC meet was canceled.

And yesterday's qotd: it seems as if everywhere has one season that gives me pause.  I.e. PNW is fabulous, except the gloomy winters are as bad as MN cold. Northern CA or Oregon coastal would work.  Or  coastal maine, around Acadia.  But it would be damp, darkish winters, too. guess I can't get away from that if I want to avoid the southern hot summers.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

XT - I run almost exclusively in the Olympus with no issues at all, so it's not the zero drop thing.  I guess it's just the cushioning levels?

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Yikes AT, that is a lot of rain but yes we need it.. only 1-1.5" here so far according to accu-weather map. You seem closer to the bullseye. Runtrail must really be getting dowsed.  http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pennsylvania/weather-radar-24hr

Yes, about time. We've had a lot of storms miss us this summer. Like that map show, just a few miles east of us go much less.

AT-runner

Tim

I also need to confirm DS's XC meet was canceled.

A little rain and mud shouldn't stop a XC meet.  That's when they are the most fun.

LB2

I won a $100 Altra gift card at my race last weekend.  Sadly the Lone Peaks are just too minimal for me.  The last time I tried an easy 5 mile run in them they left my AT cranky for weeks.  I do like them for hiking though.  I'm debating between buying the Torins or Paradigms.

I suggest the Paradigms. I don't have a problem with any Altra shoes. I ran the whole Cottomouth 100 in the same pair of Lone Peaks. But at the end, I was wishing I had worn the Olympus.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I suggest the Paradigms.

Are you running in them, Burke?  I tried on both pairs and the Torins feel a little better, but I worry about the cushioning not being the max.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice run yesterday evening, 5-ish miles with some strides thrown in at the end. SRD for me today (and Friday, Saturday) have what will likely be my last race of the year- Blue Mountain 30k on Missoula.

Mandy- why not another pair of Olympus's?  I ran in mine last night- I try add a little 0 drop into the mix

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

5.2 rainy miles on the rail trail last night.

We  just had our company health fair and I got a crisp new $100.00 bill for taking a physical so I'm happy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- why not another pair of Olympus's?  I ran in mine last night- I try add a little 0 drop into the mix

I already have two brand new pairs sitting in the closet.  Plus the 2.0s have new, beefier tread than the previously versions that are sitting in my closet and I'm looking for road shoes.  I'm all set on trail shoes.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I already have two brand new pairs sitting in the closet.  Plus the 2.0s have new, beefier tread than the previously versions that are sitting in my closet and I'm looking for road shoes.  I'm all set on trail shoes.

Ahh- gotcha 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran a little over 6 this morning and it was as hard.   that's for you MT!  Jack is doing better on the bed wetting.  I still take him out ever hour or so but on the last to pit stops, he peed immediately and then did a u turn to go back to bed.  So he's getting the point...it's not a walk.

I getting excited about Utah. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

It was in the upper 60's this morning. Still very humid, but in the 60's !!!!

I did a very easy 3 mi "instant run".  It was quite dark, when is that black moon thing they are talking about?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL