Trailer Trash

Terrible Tuesday (Read 27 times)

LB2

It isn't that terrible, just muggy and warm today. I'll hit the TM for some easy miles after work, probably 5 or 6, maybe 10. Yeah, screw it, 10 sounds great.

QOTD: Are you sick of hearing about the domestic abuse stuff in the NFL?

Hell yes. I am so sick of it that I don't even watch football anymore. Everyone saw Rice's wife unconscious outside the elevator. Now, the video has surfaced of the actual knock out punch and people are calling for Goodell's head. What did people think happened in the elevator? I guess people think there was an attempted cover up by the NFL, so they want Goodell gone. Goodell seems to be a self-righteous prick, but I don't think he should resign over this. But, then again, I don't care if he does or not.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Just got in from some trail miles with the pup. The weather is perfect right now, nice and cool in the morning. I'm keeping my mileage down until the Bear, so it's going to be a lot of 5 and 6 mile runs for a while.

QOTD: Definitely. It should be handled as a private legal matter. In what other line of work does your employer have the responsibility to get as involved as the NFL is being asked to?

DigDug2

Easy 6 on the road/rail trail with some strides on the grass to finish up.  Trying to keep the legs peppy this week.

QOTD:  It's a disgrace.  I'm not really a football fan, but no individuals or institutions involved in this mess are behaving with any integrity.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a good 4+ miles last night ...(finally).

QOTD: yes...yes...and yes.  It's ridiculous.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Got in a good 4+ miles last night ...(finally).

Nice!

Daydreamer1

Heading up on the mountain in a little bit for a few miles. Hopeing to get into the upper teens. I'm looking to schedule a 50K in about 2 1/2 weeks so it's time to test the ankle to see if it's up to the increase in mileage.

QOTD: It really takes away from the game this year.  I have some very in depth mixed emotions on this. I don't want to comment too much because I didn't watch the video or see pictures of the alleged abuses. It does irritate me though that the legal process is not being allowed to take it's course. Hell, I know of police officers that have been accused of the same thing and get to remain on the job until the legal system goes through the process.

AT-runner

Tim

12  miles on a cool crisp morning.  Wore gloves for the first time since early Spring.

Good luck to everyone tapering this week.

Jamie - awesome news.  Glad to see you (and Mandy) getting some runs in.

Dd1 - Blues Cruise 50k?

QOTD:  I was a die hard pro football fan and season ticket holder to the Washington Redskins.  After witnessing 2 fights at an Eagles game 3 years ago, I stopped going to games because of the drunken hostile environment that has become live NFL games.  Baseball is my sport, and I go to several Nationals and Orioles games each year.  Still love college football.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to get in a 6 mile run this evening in the hills, our weather is really yo-yoing, looked like winter was about to start and now we're supposed to get up to 80, it's amazing how you can get a 40+ degree swing in a relatively short day.  I rode my bike to work yesterday and when I left home it was 38, when I left work it was 81.

qotd: I find it a little odd that he hasn't been charged, rarely to do you get video evidence like that in any case; often it's a black eye and the person abused changes their mind and say they ran into a door

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Birdwell

Got in 4 late last night. Trying hard to break out of this slump.

QOTD: don't know, don't care.

It was a beautiful cool morning here for our 4 mile trail run.

QOTD: I am not that into football (or other spectator sports) in part because of the poor behavior of many of the players and it's cover up by the teams and leagues.  There is so much disgraceful behavior that is ignored, covered up, or excused.  College football the same.  The Florida state player who is apparently essentially a rapist who is treated as if he were the messiah at Florida state comes to mind as does the whole Penn State fiasco.

I think that it is different than other jobs in that the pros are put on a pedestal and treated as role models.  As a result they are required to sign contracts with morals clauses which they should be held to.  I don't think that same level of accountability applies to most jobs though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

QOTD: I am not that into football (or other spectator sports) in part because of the poor behavior of many of the players and it's cover up by the teams and leagues.  There is so much disgraceful behavior that is ignored, covered up, or excused.  College football the same.  The Florida state player who is apparently essentially a rapist who is treated as if he were the messiah at Florida state comes to mind as does the whole Penn State fiasco.

I think that it is different than other jobs in that the pros are put on a pedestal and treated as role models.  As a result they are required to sign contracts with morals clauses which they should be held to.  I don't think that same level of accountability applies to most jobs though.

That guy from Florida State is something. He also got arrested for stealing crabs from a store after the rape thing. On one of the pre-game shows someone held up a sign that read "Jameis Winston gave me crabs!!!" I thought that was pretty funny.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did run a nice 6 last night...we ran kinda fast.  Earl was in a mood to go and not stop and smell.  Then we got home and he was still in the mood so I chased him around the yard (hide and seek style) for another 1/4 mile.  Did not climb out of bed this am so will plan on the nightly run again.  It's very smoky here in the am anyways.

QOTD:  I haven't really heard much...guess I need to pull my head out of my ass.      I also agree the NFL should not be nvolved.  If his employer (whatever team he's on) wants to fire him because they believe it will effect there team/profit that up to them.

mtwarden:  Nice new picture. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Hi all-  Heading to the gym for some treadmill intervals.  Nothing terribly exciting, but I'll be able to roll out the hip flexor on one of their deluxe rollers afterwards.

qotd:  Not a football fan at all.  But that won't stop me from having on opinion an the NFL.  I agree with TT- it's not like other jobs.  They have a morality clause (or however the NFL lawyers have worded it) that is designed to protect the NFL brand, and each team and its players are held to that contract as part of the franchise.    Now, if you'd like to use a racial slur as a team name and whitewash it as a 'compliment', go right ahead, that does not seem to offend NFL 'morals'.

moonlightrunner

Planning 6 tonight in the dark. I have to get used to it.

Qotd: I do think that the high profile nature of the NFL and some other sports requires a different type of response from their employer than if the equivalent were to occur with us little folk. Frankly, if any of us did this type of thing and for some reason it made a big headline... our employers would put us on leave to avoid a backlash on their company.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Watoni

Got in just under 7 yesterday at lunch ... finally turned on my GPS for a change.

6.7 miles, 737 feet of gain, 7:32 pace, blah blah blah. Shows I did a decent 1 mile effort at about 7%, but am otherwise lagging a bit.

I want to run but I am definitely dragging ... we will see

QOTD: Yes and no. Centerplate's CEO resigned after being filmed kicking a puppy earlier this month, so ....  If you are in a highly visible position, and one where your value is based on fans paying to see you play a sport, don't complain if the team/league terminates you for beating your fiancée and alienating a substantial part of their fan base. Of course, the NFL is playing business here, and is only responding to public outcry, so let's not pretend they care about domestic violence or that this will solve anything. The issue is when will law enforcement do something about domestic violence. If I knocked out Ray Rice's fiancée in an elevator and dragged her body out of the elevator like a rag doll, I am guessing I would go to jail. What difference does it make who hits her?