Trailer Trash

The Tuesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks. Just got back from just shy of 7 miles with a friend. I picked the route and picked one of our hillier routes down by the park. Perfect running morning. 39* at the start, but quickly warmed into th upper 40s with loads of sunshine. Leaves are still mostly green here, but there should be a significant change in the next week or so.

qotd: Anything make you smile on your run today (or recently)? We were just finishing up today and a woman comes up walking her two corgi puppies. There is nothing like the unconditional love of puppies for complete strangers. And I see stopping for puppies as one of my community obligations to help socialize them.

LB2

I ran 5 fairly fast ones this morning. I am pretty much in taper mode, but I will get between 40 and 45 miles this week and drop it to 35 to 40 next week before really resting a week before Pinhoti.

QOTD: I just smiled because of the cool temperatures this morning. It was around 45 degrees, a little chilly compared to what we have had all summer and all of fall so far.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4-ish miles last evening with DW and Tiny E- absolutely glorious fall evening- 60's in the sun, 50's in the shade- Wow!

have two rifles to sight in after work, so may be a SRD today

in other news, DW and I are celebrating our 36th anniversary- as my wife says 36 years of marital bliss! 

qotd: when I go with Tiny Elvis he constantly is making me smile (occasionally curse ), he just loves being out on the trails

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

6 easy trail miles. Nice and cool this morning. Had frost for the first time this fall. Still no great color changes out there.

DC - thanks for doing your part for all the puppies out here.

LB - Mid-life job change, upward move, or just tired of your present college?

Warden - Happy anniversary to you and Mrs Warden.  FYI, rifle sighting and anniversaries don't really go together. 

QOTD:  Saw a nice vista the other day on the Catoctin Trail. We stopped and took it all in. DW and I refer tho those as our John M moments.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mrs Warden is on a 14 detox diet, so going out isn't an option- some kind of fancy grilled pork chops on the menu- hers on a bed of greens, mine with a side of mashed potatoes 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

LB - Mid-life job change, upward move, or just tired of your present college?

Actually, this is a position that I have practically begged my college to create, but it was already a full time job embedded into another full time job. Baton Rouge Comm. College, which is part of our system, has more resources than my college. They took over a bunch of rural campuses in the capital area during a big merger of campuses. I really enjoy working with rural schools, and they are trying to expand their enrollment with high schools. I spend 90% of my time in my current job doing that, and we have been very successful here. But it wasn't like I knew what I was doing when I started; we had to figure it out as we went to keep the doors open. We had our ups and downs along the way, mostly ups. Anyway, my name came up at a conference back in the summer; their chancellor talked to my chancellor; and several months later, here we are. For now, I will be working on that initiative with them. However, the campus administrator where I will have my office told me last week that he is retiring in the next year. You don't have a huge amount of competition for campus administrators at rural campuses, but I love rural life and those schools. So, I am definitely interested in seeing how that plays out. To me, this is an upward move, but I did not get a huge raise, just a small one. I am not tired of my present college, but outside of my campus, I hardly know anyone anymore.

LB2

LB2

in other news, DW and I are celebrating our 36th anniversary- as my wife says 36 years of marital bliss! 

That is awesome. Congratulations. We had our 14th anniversary this year. My wife said, "Can you believe we have been married for 14 years!?!" I said, "No. It seems like 140!!!" I can always make her laugh. But then again, women have always laughed at me... Haha.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out on the bike with DW for a nice long ride. There is a ice cream stand that we like to ride to. Round trip should be 30+ miles and this will probably be our last chance of the season.

Runtrail - Nothing like helping to socialize puppies to put a smile on your face. Wish the people in my area would see the benefit of socialization. Seems like the past few years they want their dogs to stay away from everyone.

LB2 - Congrats on the new job, hope it goes well for you.

Warden - I need to sight in my muzzleloader this afternoon as well. Congrats on 36 years.

AT - That frost was a surprise, at least for me. The car was coated pretty heavily.

QOTD: Haven't gotten out yet today. As far as recently I've had some good rides and a few decent runs but nothing really stands out as putting a special smile on my face.  Hmmmmmmm................................................That's kind of sad.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I had a great little morning.  Woke up early and started some laundry had a bear attack and met my friend for a 6 mile run.  Mutts too of course.  Found a very, very fresh bear poop on the trail but never saw the bear.  Came home, did the dishes and then drove to work in a 69 Karma Ghia which was fun.  The old man bought it to resell but liked it too much so registered it.  I think I will use it as a driver as I will probably save in gas what I pay in insurance for it.

QOTD:  My friend took a spill and knocked her too front teeth out...it was the funniest thing...OK JK...Jack (my dog) makes me smile on runs.  He will be going along running ahead and then look back at us like..."Isn't this awesome?"  then he will turn around and try to jump up.  But that's why we call him Happy Jack.  OK Earl (the other dog) slows down before an intersection and once there he speeds up and goes the way he wants like he's doing something sly.  Sometimes it's where I planned on going and I tell him, "I was going that way anyways!"

Warden:  Happy anniversary!  How long have you been married?   (36 yes of bliss and ?? years of hell)

DD:  Get a dog...if you haven't noticed 3 people mention dogs making them smile.  Just say.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

LB - Awesome! Good luck with the transition. I now remember you sating something before about putting a program together.  I always think I should do something to get HS kids interested in science. It bothers me that people have now politicized science as if you can do that. Makes the kids want to stay away from it.

Queen - Picture please. Karmann Ghia's are cool cars.  I always loved any VW's we had. DW had a yellow '71 Super Beetle. She called it Tillie. As with most East Coast VW's, it rusted out from below.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ever since Kill Bill 2, Karmann Ghia has been on my radar 

post up a pic if you get a chance

oh and all 36 years have been marital bliss 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No automatic alt text available.

I snapped this before going into work..so not best picture.

LB - Awesome! Good luck with the transition. I now remember you sating something before about putting a program together.  I always think I should do something to get HS kids interested in science. It bothers me that people have now politicized science as if you can do that. Makes the kids want to stay away from it.

Queen - Picture please. Karmann Ghia's are cool cars.  I always loved any VW's we had. DW had a yellow '71 Super Beetle. She called it Tillie. As with most East Coast VW's, it rusted out from below.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice!  I would have licensed it too 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Nice car, and the color is more suited for you than your Old Man, so you should definitely drive it.

Nice plate - Ymm

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I use to have a 72 Bug in the same color.

Nice car, and the color is more suited for you than your Old Man, so you should definitely drive it.

Nice plate - Ymm