Trailer Trash

Weekender - Is it really March already? (Read 23 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Got 9 in this morning.  Beautiful day after the storm, even though a bit windy.

Good luck to AT, Mrs AT, and wcrunner today in the Naked Bavarian!

QOTD:  Does it feel like spring where you are?  It kinda does here, but I actually hope for another good freeze to help keep the insects in check come the real spring.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

Really nice weather down here today. Gloves and a singlet weather. 49 deg and lowish humidity.  Did 12 mi.

qotd: yes, spring has sprung here.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

12.3 miles today, including some miles with the RC.

Happy racing to the Naked Bavarians!

QOTD: yep, fruit trees are blooming and daffodils are popping up.  But I'm not ready for spring yet -- I don't feel like we had enough winter.  At least it's raining (that's a good thing here in CA).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runtraildc

Happy weekend, folks. Ran 5 with the group this morning. still breezy here, but worlds different than yesterday. It's been a light running week for me, so it was good to get out.

qotd: Yes, a little too early. Saw some daffodils in bloom this morning, but overall, things seem on track to be a couple of weeks early this year. Buds are definitely forming, hopefully not to be frozen out like last year. I love spring and everything in bloom. That's the gardener in me talking. Running through the woods this time of year is something special, too.

AT-runner

Tim

Wish I could say I had a great run, but today went the way the last 2 weeks have gone with how I felt. Started off with DW and ran an easy pace. After about 5 miles, I left her and felt really good. Hit 10 miles at 1:49 and then the wheels fell off, or should I say shoes fell off, since I lost my shoes twice in the sucking mud. Several spots were under water for a good bit, and no way to avoid the mud. Slipped around mile 12 and felt something grab in right calf.  Really bothered me the rest of the way, especially with some major climbs the second 1/2 of the race. Finished in 4:24, for a lovely positive split.  DW did well and finished 5 AG. Her time was 18 minutes slower than the last time we ran this, but I was 44 minutes slower.  Second half is harder, so a slight positive split is expected.

Wind was howling and gusting to 45 mph, parts of the course were dry as a bone, and parts muddy as could be. One of my problems coming back was I never really had anyone to run with or even aim at for the last 4-5 miles. Not even anyone coming up from behind, so I was stuck in a funk and feeling sorry for myself about my calf. I like when I can see someone and attempt to get up to them, or even if someone is on my heals and pushing me.  Oh well, enough moaning. Leg is sore, but nothing serious, and knee held up pretty well. Only one fall, and that was from slipping on mud, not even a rock or root in sight. This race series is a lot of fun, and cheap as can be $35 for the race and we got a great beer mug as finisher awards.

Funny story. At the second AS, you enter a 7 mike loop before coming back and going back on the firs5 6.5 miles ( now mostly uphill). The guy directing traffic kept saying “go this way ( pointing to the 7 mike loop) unless you are Kelly Agnew”. Kelly lived in this area and used to run in a lot of local races. Most everyone knew exactly what he meant.

Edit - George was MIA, but I think he said he wasn’t going to make it.

QOTD: not today. Windchill was cold. If wind drops, it might feel better.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Nice RR and nice running, despite the niggles.  Your time was as you predicted it.  Re: the conditions, you confirmed the rationale for my decision (although I think it would have been a good learning experience, in a good or bad way, I don't know).  Funny about the guy directing traffic!  Rest well and put that beer mug to good use.

MTA - Big congrats to Mrs AT on that AG placement!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sorry for being MIA at Naked Bavarian. Couldn't face 5+ hours of that weather besides losing cable and dealing with a possible computer crash. Giving up on home remedies and taking it to a repair shop today hoping I don't have to replace it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

5.7 miles late yesterday afternoon. Planning on 12-14 today up on the mountain. Few will be on trails as it's too windy with too many dead trees.

AT- Sorry to hear that your run didn't go the best.  I'm really surprised that they let so many runners on the trails with them in that condition.

QOTD:  Yes and no.  Some days it does. Today it feels cold but not really winter type cold. Also seeing that my bluebirds are coming back after a brief hiatus. I forgot to clean out their house, now they're mad at me .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tim- sounds like a grueler- congrats on finishing and congrats to your DW!

speaking of grueling....  yesterday 16.5 miles on snowshoes, 5000' of gain, two peaks bagged- took so long we finished in headlamps!

qotd: not even fuc&ing close here- foot of snow on my lawn, high of 18 today and snowing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

I spent the whole day out on two of my favourite trails. It was an awesome day. Sunshine, a little mud and a fun time. I wish tomorrow could be the same. But nooooo! I have to go to work!

I heard a spring peeper today! Yay!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k