Trailer Trash

Jupiter Peak Steeplechase RR (Read 35 times)

Occasional Runner

It's a short race and a fairly short RR with a bunch of pictures of the hills around Park City. Lots of climbing, a little falling and some bonus miles. A typical day on the trail.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2014/08/2014-jupiter-peak-steeplechase-how-to.html

Thanks for checking it out.

Watoni

Fun report!

Damn short races Wink

Sandy-2

Nice.  I agree, the first few miles of any race are for warm-up.

I assume that even with the wrong turns and the quick nap in the weeds...  the beer was still cold.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

moonlightrunner

Lace, you are almost as directionally challenged as I am!  Really fun report.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Good read

You people have issues 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Whenever I run a non-ultra race, I just wander around wide eyed wondering if I've landed on different planet.  It just feels so different.  You described it well!  Nice report, Kelly.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Lace, you are almost as directionally challenged as I am!  Really fun report.

I have finally come to realize that I have a problem. Acceptance is the first step to recovery.

Bullshit...there won't be any recovery. What I have can't be cured.

Birdwell

Nice work and I'm jealous.

I wish we had some shorter trail races like that around Southern Utah.

(I'm hopeful that Ultra Adventures "big announcement" is going to be a few shorter distance options.)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

We need to get you and Mandy in a race together to see who gets more lost and who runs more extra miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

Nice work and I'm jealous.

I wish we had some shorter trail races like that around Southern Utah.

(I'm hopeful that Ultra Adventures "big announcement" is going to be a few shorter distance options.)

Amasa Back in Moab? It's 15 or 16 miles and pretty rugged. I ran it once and I think I did pretty well. Chris Martinez...Grassroots Events.

Birdwell

Amasa Back in Moab? It's 15 or 16 miles and pretty rugged. I ran it once and I think I did pretty well. Chris Martinez...Grassroots Events.

I've seen that one. I did the red hot a few years ago. Trouble is, Moab is 4+ hours away.

Occasional Runner

I've seen that one. I did the red hot a few years ago. Trouble is, Moab is 4+ hours away.

Matt Gunn might be coming up with some stuff closer to you. He's been hanging out in AZ with Nick and Jamil Coury, working on ideas. He likes that all their ultras have several shorter race options. I think he would find success with that business model.

LB2

Glad you found your way back to the beer.

LB2

Birdwell

Matt Gunn might be coming up with some stuff closer to you. He's been hanging out in AZ with Nick and Jamil Coury, working on ideas. He likes that all their ultras have several shorter race options. I think he would find success with that business model.

That's what I'm hoping for. The aravaipa model has been pretty successful from what I've seen. I think it would work really well around here.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

It kind of blows my mind that more RD's don't do this in the ultra world.  Offer shorter distances that is.

You people have issues