Trailer Trash

Too Slippery Tuesday (Read 17 times)

LB2

I hit an hour on the muddy trails before daybreak this morning. I really took a nasty fall on some slick clay. Elbow got hammered; I think it was on a root, maybe just some hard clay.

QOTD: What has the weather been like in your area over the last few weeks?

Down here it has been either hot and muggy or just totally raining cats and dogs. I am hoping for a break in both by tomorrow or Thursday.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my first run in a couple of weeks went pretty well last night, will get another 5-ish in this evening

qotd: we've been above normal temp wise, which sucks- this weekend though it's supposed to cool into the 60's for highs- moisture I think we're a little bit behind

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

my first run in a couple of weeks went pretty well last night, will get another 5-ish in this evening

It is good to see you back. I can hardly wait to hear about the Bob.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice speedy 3.1 last night. I had a random thought of training for and actually running a 5k.   What?!?

Welcome back Warden.  Glad to see you made it out ok.  Cannot wait to hear all about it.

QOTD: Been pretty chilly actually - and rainy.  Ok to good running weather but not so good for pool weather.  Kids just got off school last week and already going crazy.  But temps in the 90's are forecast for next week so things are changin'

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 4 easy miles. Legs still feel a bit wonky, so I'm not pushing anything. I'll just run for my sanity for a week or so as I recover.

Warden - +1 on RR

QOTD:  Cooler and wetter than normal, but as Jamie says that will probably change.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

A little foggy early and then it cleared up nicely for my 18.5 mile run yesterday in the Pictured Rocks. Off the charts beautiful.  Today will just be an easy recovery type road bike. Have a few chores to do around here and have to get home by 6 tonight.

QOTD--We have had a very wet stretch with the lake being very high and standing water all over the woods. I was flushing ducks that were swimming in the trails a few days ago. But yesterday and so far today it is beautiful. Weather happens.

runtraildc

Got in just over 3 miles last night, but unlike Jamie's 5kish, mine was not speedy. I blame it on the out of shape lab mix that ran with us. Not to be too hard on him, he doesn't get to run often and is always glad to see me since he knows I = run.

Harrier-- are you going to share pics? Pictured Rocks is on a possible visit list later this summer.

qotd: Up and down. Hot and humid, cold and rainy. My tomatoes and other heat loving plants are really struggling. Today is going to be nice, tomorrow cold, then a heat spell.

XtremeTaper

Plan is for another 0.0 tonight. Maybe I will walk the dogs on the trail but likely just the neighborhood loop with the missus and the dogs. Workout last night was battle with replace a connector valve on the kitchen faucet. Sort of a yoga move to get at the damn thing. Eventually just pulled the whole faucet out so I could pry the connector off and replace it. I am glad I don't do that stuff for a living. Not very handy but I got it done and Kohler sent me the repair kit for free so score for me on the plumbing repair call savings.

QOTD: Cool, grey, and damp so far. As mentioned it will likely be scorching next week when I am in Ohio for Mohican.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Plan is for another 0.0 tonight. Maybe I will walk the dogs on the trail but likely just the neighborhood loop with the missus and the dogs. Workout last night was battle with replace a connector valve on the kitchen faucet. Sort of a yoga move to get at the damn thing. Eventually just pulled the whole faucet out so I could pry the connector off and replace it. I am glad I don't do that stuff for a living. Not very handy but I got it done and Kohler sent me the repair kit for free so score for me on the plumbing repair call savings.

QOTD: Cool, grey, and damp so far. As mentioned it will likely be scorching next week when I am in Ohio for Mohican.

This is why I could never be a plumber.  Too hard and frustrating to get to many areas that need assistance.

Here's to hoping the heat isn't too bad for you next week.  Bad timing for a heat wave.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

This is why I could never be a plumber.  Too hard and frustrating to get to many areas that need assistance.

Here's to hoping the heat isn't too bad for you next week.  Bad timing for a heat wave.

Plus, you're too damn tall to fit under a sink.

AT-runner

Tim

I hope you have the same weather I had for my race. Here's to nice temperatures and a cool tailwind breeze.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I wimped out this morning for no apparent reason. I did put on my running

clothes and took the dog out for joggy/hike, but not really a run. It was

raining, I may have gotten wet if I went running so there you have it.

Warden: Welcome back to civilization. How's that RR coming?

QOTD: It's been cool, which is nice and rainy which I guess is fine too. It's been

weird weather for this time of year.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 7 this morning..it was quite nice.    Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Beautiful in the AM..too hot after that.  Rain is suppose to come Thursday.

runtraildc:  My lab runs slow in front of me while the hound dog runs ahead pulling on the leash.  Make's for an interesting running gait.

Northern:  Picture rocks is on my Marquette trip.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That is why it is so frustrating when people redesign or build and they skimp on the plumbing because they can't see it but ohh soo important.   say the plumbers wife.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning so I'll do 5 after work this evening.  Will need to dodge thunderstorms though.

mt - welcome back.

XT - I always tell people that if I sigh up for a race, you're guaranteed to have hot or cruddy weather.

qotd: pretty much what LBs said since we're sorta near by.  The local Lake level is pretty high saw a few snakes on the trail looking for high ground the last few days.  I saw a new one on Sunday, an Eastern Yellow-belly Racer.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL