Trailer Trash

Is it really Friday? (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It is! So excited for another weekend of....work around the house! yay! I did get in a short run last night - felt weak and dizzy at mile 3 and then the switch was flipped.  Nothing long for me this weekend.

Sandy - hope you get better really quick and are able to hit the race on Sunday.  GL.

QOTD: Would you do the following:

1. Hang Glide

2. Sky Dive

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is)

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$%

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt

7. Pick up a hitchhiker

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer

9. Wake up at 3am to go run

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Going to run this evening after work and then again tomorrow morning to get 2 runs in a 12 hour period.  I usually do this to help prepare for a 24hr race.  Legs usually feel pretty stiff on the second run and then loosen up.  I think it helps me more mentally than physically, so I still do this.

Good luck to any racers and pacers.

Have a great weekend.

QOTD:

1. Hang Glide - Did it in Kitty Hawk, NC.

2. Sky Dive - Did it once on a tandem jump.

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) - No way

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared - Done it (more than once)

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$% - I'm my boss and sometimes I'm an ass to myself, does that count?

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt. - Done it (easy question for a trail runner).

7. Pick up a hitchhiker - Done it (several AT Thru hikers each year, proabably see some soon)

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - Met several already

9. Wake up at 3am to go run - Yes, too easy of a question for this group.

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go - Define lie.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I should get out for 3 to 5 later.

QOTD: I would not do 3, 5, 7, or 10. However, on number 5, I would certainly look for something else and then quit.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Started developing a canker sore two days ago. For some reason I never feel like drinking when I get these. That will complicate my race tomorrow.  Planning on a easy 5-6 miles later today. Didn't get one in yesterday.

QOTD:

1. Hang Glide - No real interest in hang gliding,  I'd love to try parasailing

2. Sky Dive - Some day I hope to do this. Just don't want it to be a tandem jump, rather do a static line jump.

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) - Uh, no

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared - I'm never adequately prepared for any race I do.

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$% - Thinking about doing that as I type this.

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt - I tried to to that once and was told to go on. Later she accepted help when she realized that she wouldn't make it out on her own.

7. Pick up a hitchhiker - Probably not. But if I did it would only be if I was carrying my self defense weapon and I would inform them that if they tried any shit I'd kill them even if I killed myself doing it.  (the one exception to this would be someone who is obviously hiking the AT. I will see some of them at Clarks Ferry at the truck stop and will offer assistance if they seem to need it. So far most have just been hanging out waiting for weather to break or taking a rest. But in the big scheme of things I don't consider them true hitchhikers).

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - Are you kidding???? Meet up with some of this bunch??? I'm not that crazy . Actually somewhere there is a picture of about 6 or 7 of us at Hyner several years ago.  I'm hoping to meet Xtreme this weekend.

9. Wake up at 3am to go run - Not if I can help it.

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead - Work, yes. Family, no

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Woke up on my own at 6....and got up and ran.   what a concept!  7 miles.  Earl rarely dig and than we got Jack and he digs holes.  So they Earl started digging more.  Out comes the stick and Jack doesn't dig as much but Earl is addicted.  Even after a got smack he will go right back to it.  We have moles or pocket gophers.  Anyway my husband blames it all on me and the fact that I haven't been running Earl as much as I use to.    This is the same guy that use to complain that I put running ahead of anything else.  geez you can't win in this world.    I did see old man Bob in the woods and chatted about 10 mins since I was out so early.  He had treats for the dogs.

QOTD:  Well Jamie I will be filling holes all weekend.  It's harder than it sounds because for some reason the dirt disappears and what is there is mixed with pine needles.

1. Hang Glide Maybe

2. Sky Dive No

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) don't know what it is but don't want to eat gross stuff

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared sure..I can always walk

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a asshole no, I work for an asshole right now, but there are no other jobs here and I only have a year

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt  of course

7. Pick up a hitchhiker I would love to but won't even a girl..

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer I look forward to this..

9. Wake up at 3am to go run sure, I ran at 4am once. 

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead  of course!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks Jamie...fun QOTD.  And I googled those eggs and that is disgusting...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 friday miles.

hang glide  I did fly a Wright Broths push prop replica.  Built by the same man who built Jack Lemons plane in Those Magnificent Men in their flying machines. It was so slow it was sort of like hang gliding.

sky dive NO

NO

jump in a race  yes but I try to run 50mpw so I'm never totaly unprepard

NO  there are ass------ everywhere.  You will find another at your next job. At least you know the one you have.

Yes on a trail race. I have helped and been helped.  On a road race there are just too many people.

yes  when I'm in a pickup. I usually don't in a car because they can stink. I pu a hitchhiker that smelled so bad I took him home let him take a bath and gave him a new outfit.

yes

yes  when training for Blue Ridge Relay  I ran 6 x 10ks one every three hours

My family knows I'm going running. They say you can run on the beach or you can run around the lake just to get me to come home.

NorthernHarrier

Sunny and upper 50's, purrrrfecto!    Slept in only to wake to a beautiful morning and the lake was like glass. Fed the pups, grabbed a thermos of coffee and went canoeing around the lake. Great way to start a day.  Been cutting and dragging brush up and over hills and logs since then so not sure if I'll be running on these legs today but I hold out hope.  Probably a mountain biking day though. Again. I'll put in one of my piers later then burgers over the fire.

Are we to be analyzed and categorized??

1. Hang Glide--Witnessed a very bad crash when I was about 20 years old so something I decided NEVER to do.

2. Sky Dive--when I was younger yes but now I am in touch with my mortality so no.

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) No

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared--Not now as I am thru racing but like NHLA I was always in a decent level of fitness to do things last minute.

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$%--I was self-employed most of my life and since I sold out I have only had a couple low paying jobs which I would happily quit. I could use a high paying job. 

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt--Yes, have.

7. Pick up a hitchhiker--I'm old.  In the 60's and 70's there was an awful lot of hitchiking so I picked many up back then(70's) and did my share of hitchhiking too. Very different times.

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer--Been there, done that.

9. Wake up at 3am to go run-- hunting YES, running, not if I can help it.

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead--Never had to. DW understands er, tolerates me.

DigDug2

Speed workout this morning on the track - it was hard, but I'm trying to train for some track races this summer.

QOTD:  (Wow - a 10-part QOTD?  Sometimes we have trouble coming up with one!)

1. Hang Glide - no strong interest to, but I'd try it under the right circumstances
                    2. Sky Dive - probably not
                    3. Balut Eggs - no
                    4. Last minute race/FA - yes, I'd just have low expectations / not treat it like a race
                    5. Quit a good paying job - probably not, unless I had a great opportunity waiting for me somewhere else
                    6. Stop to help hurt runner - yes, I have and would
                    7. Pick up a hitchhiker - no
                    8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - sure
                    9. Wake up at 3am to go run - not unless there was a really good reason - I value sleep over running
                    10. Lie to get out of a function so you could run instead - absolutely, I have and would - I value running over socializing (and honesty)
                    XtremeTaper

8 miles on the trails last night at Monocacy Hill. 45 degrees with light but steady persistent. Who cancelled spring? Today, lunchtime road run with some local trails mixed into an 8 mile loop. Grey and chilly but no rain. It would have been nice  if it was an early March day.

1. Hang Glide - NO

2. Sky Dive - NO

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) - NO

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared - YES, I have done this.

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$% - NO, unless it was really really bad.

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt - YES

7. Pick up a hitchhiker - NO, not these days, but I have in the past.

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - YES. I've met a few already.

9. Wake up at 3am to go run  - YES, but only to race. 3am for a training run.. NO.

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead - NO

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD:

1-3=no

4-10=yes

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ha, some of your answers made my day, thanks for entertaining of the idea of this QOTD.  I guess I should answer it too.

1. Hang Glide - NO

2. Sky Dive - yes

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) - NO WAY!!!!

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared - yes and thinking about it although not so last minute.  

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a *&$% - prolly not, I am pretty tolerant

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt - yes

7. Pick up a hitchhiker - ummm, not likely.  

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - of course.  Most of the ones I have met so far were ok .  I regret not being able to connect with keystone and George at the zoo that was Hyner.

9. Wake up at 3am to go run - for a race yes but likely not for anything else.  4am maybe

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead - likely no because I would feel too guilty the whole run

And no psychoanalyzing or categorizing based on your answers!  

runtraildc

Ok- second attempt at posting.   No run yet today-- having a hard time getting out the door.  But plan B is to run during swim practice.  Maybe it'll end up as an 'instant' run, but that sounds attractive today.

qotd:

1. Hang Glide No way

2. Sky Dive Nope

3. Eat Balut Eggs (google it if you don't know what it is) Sounds gross so no way.  is this what Sandy posted last year? if so, definitely no way.  And I'm not going to google it just to gross myself out.

4. Jump into a last minute race/FA even if you didn't feel quite prepared Not a problem.

5. Quit a good paying job just because your boss was a asshole Probably not, I've worked for jerks before and I can usually work around them.

6. Stop in the middle of a race to help a runner who appeared hurt  of course

7. Pick up a hitchhiker nope

8. Meet up with a fellow RAer - yes, have done it.

9. Wake up at 3am to go run for a race, maybe, just a regular run, no way.  

10. Lie to get out of a family/work function so you could go run instead  White lie?  Yes.

AT-runner

Tim

Funny about the hitchhiker question.  The only ones I ever see are either AT hikers or homeless.  I brought a homeless guy to a shelter 2 years ago. He payed for me as I was dropping him off, so I got that going for me.

The AT hikers smell terrible since there 1/2 way by the time they get to my trails.  Most of them want to see Gettysburg, so I drop them off at the YWCA first if they want to shower and from there they can walk to downtown.

Now if I was still living in the DC area, it would probably be a no.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Funny about the hitchhiker question.  The only ones I ever see are either AT hikers or homeless.  I brought a homeless guy to a shelter 2 years ago. He payed for me as I was dropping him off, so I got that going for me.

The AT hikers smell terrible since there 1/2 way by the time they get to my trails.  Most of them want to see Gettysburg, so I drop them off at the YWCA first if they want to shower and from there they can walk to downtown.

Now if I was still living in the DC area, it would probably be a no.

Have you ever seen a homeless person ON the Appalachian Trail? I did a few years ago.  The bridge over Rt 11 in Carlisle.  It was early morning and he was in a sleeping bag right at the end of the walking bridge.  I jumped over him on an out n back.  I was hoping to see him on the way back.  I would at least stop to talk to him.  But he was gone.

He was definitely not a hiker.  No real gear.  Just an old ratty sleeping bag and since the road was right there, it kinda made sense.