Trailer Trash

Happy Humpdaily! (Read 39 times)

Watoni

Great photo! I did a quick couple km to test my shoe modification to the new Peregrines, we will see (separate thread).

Enjoy the time! When do you leave for Boston?

QOTD: Wow, that is a hard one. From hitting some PRs in October both cycling and running, I have declined quite a bit. Most of that is work/life related, and not age (I think), but who knows. The rest of this season will be telling. My overall sense is that I can still PR some longer events since endurance does not decline as rapidly as speed. My PR up benchmark climbs will likely not be bettered by my future self.

Here's a photo from run #2 this morning. This trail starts right behind my house and I decided to follow an unmarked spur that I had been curious about. It was worth the time.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I walked almost 2 miles yesterday, so I gotta take it easy on my groin today.  Maybe just a short little walk around the block.

QOTD: I think I haven't hit my potential yet.  I started running in 2008 and did some shorter stuff and HMs off of 30mpw.  Those PRs have remained my PRs because I started running ultras.  Now I've been broken down and beat up for the past 2 years.  I have no where to go but up.  I might even try some faster shorter stuff again someday.

Running is dumb.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon trailers!

My not posting has been a function of my not running.  I'm in the middle of working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week (noon til midnight).  I haven't settled into a routine yet and my running has suffered.  Hoping to do some walking while at work today.

QOTD: I'm 30 and 3 years into running.  I feel like I have many years of PR's ahead of me at all distances.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

Enjoy the time! When do you leave for Boston?

We fly out on Friday morning and come home on Tuesday. We'll do laundry and pack up for the Salt Flats 100.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I think I haven't hit my potential yet.  I started running in 2008 and did some shorter stuff and HMs off of 30mpw.  Those PRs have remained my PRs because I started running ultras.  Now I've been broken down and beat up for the past 2 years.  I have no where to go but up.  I might even try some faster shorter stuff again someday.

I call bullshit on this! I once read numerous comments in the BF that you were an elite runner. Considering that, you may have hit your peak and are easing into retirement.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I call bullshit on this! I once read numerous comments in the BF that you were an elite runner. Considering that, you may have hit your peak and are easing into retirement.

You wouldn't believe the kind of fame a 28 minute 5K has gotten me.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

You wouldn't believe the kind of fame a 28 minute 5K has gotten me.

In the BF, I believe it!

Daydreamer1

DD1 - What AT section are you running today?

DD1: how does the AT compare to Rothrock? I am always suspicious of the "big" trails, like AT or MST. The MST is unrunable for the most part in my area, the only exception being those 2 miles that the Rothrock uses.

I run the section from the Susquehanna River east across Peters Mtn. Today I ran a mile past the Peters Mtn shelter then turned around. That gave me 21 miles.

FTYC: From the river going east the first 2 miles has very little nice runnable terrain. A little over a mile of a rocky uphill followed by a stretch of boulders that simply can't be run by anyone who's not part mountain goat. After that the next 4.5 miles is a mixed bag with some decent stuff and a lot of sucky junk. The 4 miles from Rt 225 east is quite nice and very runnable. Overall I totally hate this portion of the trail but the snow leaves early, and it's good training for Hyner as well as being the closest real trail to me so I run it some times. In my opinion it's worse then Rothrock.  I run a 3 mile section of the MST over at R.B. Winters. There it is quite nice and very runnable.

LB2

I have actually logged 35 miles in the last 7 days. That is much better than I thought. I did somewhere between 4 and 5 today.

QOTD: I don't know. I am just running. I only have one more race that I care anything about. After that one, I probably won't go much over a 50 miler, maybe a 100K.

LB2