Trailer Trash

Same weather Fridaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Taking the afternoon off to spend time with DS.  He wants to go for a run, so hope I can keep up, or he'll slow down for me.  Raining here, again, so might be a wet road run.

Amazon just dropped off a package of Drymax socks and a pair of Olympus 1,5 shoes.  Shoes were on deep discount ($69) so jumped on them.  After looking at the sock prices, I think they must be made of gold!  Anyway, after the sock thread from a few weeks ago, I threw out a bunch of socks so I was in need or replenishment.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's and special aunts (who at times act as mothers) out there.

QOTD:  Weekend plans?  We have a memorial service for my BIL who died last November. He always wanted his service in the Spring.  Supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so hope he gets his wish.  Sunday is a Mother's Day brunch at my mom's house. She just got out of the hospital, so were heading to her place.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Beautiful bike commute into work this morning.  15.6 miles in, not sure what route I'll take home, but probably the longer one because it's supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny this afternoon.

AT -- I once paid $20 for ONE PAIR of DryMax's super fancy socks.  I don't like them as much as their normal socks.  I won't be doing that again...

QOTD: Boyfriend's youngest has two soccer games, so we'll go to those.  We'll go visit my mom for mother's day.  Definitely at least a run or two in there.  Definitely at least a bike ride or two in there.  Definitely some coffee and good breakfast in there.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Morning. Day 12 of gloom and rain here in the dc area. Today is supposed to be the last day of this, but it's not going out without a bang. We're supposed to get over an inch of rain. That's not the kind of rain I relish running in so I'm  heading to the gym in a minute for some treadmill and weights.

qotd:  Well, the Saturday before Mother's Day is the superbowl day of plant sales, so the gardener geek in me is spending the day acquiring plants. Then I will need to plant them. We also have a new microwave to be installed that is off to a difficult start. And I requested the basement be cleaned so I can claim some space of my own. I will have to help. Jealous yet?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not looking forward to another run in the rain. Should be starting my taper for my 50K next weekend.

QOTD: I've missed most of the track meets for the Immaculata U team this spring because of work or my own race schedule, but hope to cheer them at the conference championships on Sunday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

7 miles last night with the Lady at Coventry Woods. We had planned on running at Birdsboro or French Creek, but the 422 expressway was shut down and all the traffic was heading down route 724 which is the road I take to Birdsboro and French Creek. So I said the heck with that and took less travelled roads elsewhere for my run.

It is pouring rain right now but radar seems to indicate that the rain will end later in the day. So 7 or 8 miles, maybe Birdsboro tonight. It should be fairly sloppy.

QOTD: No big plans. A 2-3 hour run both Saturday and Sunday, and I need to get moving on that pile of mulch. So weeding and mulching. The wife wants to re-arrange the BR too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

4.7 miles last night around town.

QOTD I took my mom to the Leola Produce Auction and bought her 12 baskets of nonstop Begonias, so she's happy!  Doing  dinner with my mom on Saturday and her mom on Sunday night.

NorthernHarrier

Already 72F in Presque Isle, heading for 83F. Sunny and calm, perfect for the black flies.  Spent the early part of the morning drinking coffee and going thru fishing equipment and tackle. I'll put in my other pier this morning and then go mountain biking. Day off from running, I am now on the 4x per week plan.

Sorry to hear of your continuing poor weather out east.

QOTD- An easy 5 miler on the loop at the Nature Conserve property near here then head home Saturday evening.  Brunch type thing early Sun.  My plan is to go mountain biking in the Kettle Moraine in the evening. Nothing too exciting or eventful.

Daydreamer1

Had a nice 8.4 mile run last night.  More work on increasing my stride length. Been doing this for the past several weeks and it makes a huge difference.  Makes me work a little harder on the hills but not much more on the flats. Last night was a easier run and I still trimed off a lot of time. Another month of this and I may be able to get a lot of my runs under 8 min miles. The past year I've been slow with a very short stride.

At work so no running today.

QOTD: Want to get up on the mountain tomorrow for 10-12 miles. Then I'll stop by my parents place. Other than that it will be working.

Gator eye

Well I got up at 3 am, rode with the wife to her work and ran home. 29 miles.  I got back home at 9:30.

QOTD: DW has to work tomorrow too so I might do the same thing. Even though the route is boring as hell I'm 4 weeks out from my next race I need to get those miles in.

LB2

Today is a scheduled rest day, but I could easily run.

QOTD: We are going to do yard work tomorrow morning, after I run. And we are going to eat after church Sunday.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Back to work after a four day convention...I am tired.  It's hard hanging out with folks from 8 to 11 being nice, making small talk etc.  But I did have a good time.  We have a banquet one night and the girls and I danced the full three hours of music.  That has to count for something...I was fuel that marathon dance with red wine.    I may run after work with the dogs or just take it off...I already blew off the gym. 

QOTD:  Pretty sure it will be full of yard work and my house is also a disaster.  Maybe a movie, definitely grocery shopping.  The old man wants to look at stone tomorrow to put around planter boxes he built.  I want to keep up the long runs so 18 on Sunday.  That's about it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I bailed on a run after a work mtg today due to the freakin rain.  Ok I am over it.  I don't mind running it as much as it would be a pain to clean the car after.  Not sure how much running I will get in this weekend but I need to do something.

AT: agree  - socks are crazy expensive.

Gator - nice miles.  What are running in a few weeks?

wc - 50k??? which one?

QOTD: There are a few projects around the house I need to do - put basement back together, plants some stuff, move some more topsoil around, maybe paint the fireplace (a project DW has been asking to be done for a while).  I have school work deadlines to meet.  And I start teaching (2) online courses starting Monday so I need to prep a few things for that.  How many hours are in a day again? I think I might need a few more.  

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mr Jamie, sorry to disappoint you but the 50K next weekend is 125 laps on a 400m track at the Dawn to Dusk to Dawn Ultra at Academy Park HS in Delaware County. After I finish I plan to hang around all night for the 24-hour race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Well, I sure missed it on the weather here. Try mountain biking in 92F. I am so not acclimated to that kind of nonsense . So my recon of some trails near Bessemer,Mi. was just some exercise. Pretty but not worth the drive when there are better trails closer. Adventure anyway and the Dairy Queen in Bessemer was a nice treat in this heat. Looks like a good storm is rolling in now which is kind of predictable with this unseasonable heat.

$20 for a pair of socks???      Holy crap!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

That's not disappointing.  But it is a little crazy....

GL!!

Mr Jamie, sorry to disappoint you but the 50K next weekend is 125 laps on a 400m track at the Dawn to Dusk to Dawn Ultra at Academy Park HS in Delaware County. After I finish I plan to hang around all night for the 24-hour race.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday