Trailer Trash

Western Wednesdailies (Read 37 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Always surprises me when I can begin the dailies.  It's 9:15 here, were are you east coast folks?  Got up, no wait, dragged my ass out of bed and ran 4.5 with the mutt.  Actually had a little sprinkle last night, rare for CA in August.

QOTD: In honor of cocktailsntrails: We've already asked who we would want to sponsor us, so now who would be most likely to want to sponsor us.  Amberen a menopausal relief product would probably want me.  I'm 50 and not there yet but it's coming.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

It is late, where is everyone?  Just got back from an easy hill workout followed by a few miles on some rolling ski trails. I was real tired so there were a few walking breaks, still pleasant.  Heading north to my shack as soon as I get my shit together.  Tahqua 25k this weekend in the U.P. I'm sure you know the place Queen, just across that little bridge from where you once called home.

QOTD--That's a new one. Is Geritol still made?  Maybe Remington for all the shotgun shells I go thru.  Running companies would pay me not to be seen with their gear.

AT-runner

Tim

Late start for everyone today.  I has time for 3 rain soaked miles over lunch.  I always enjoy running in the rain.

QOTD:  Would have been Diet Pepsi, but I recently gave up artificial sweeteners, so I'll go with Arizona Green Tea.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 with the dog.  Tapering for the Wildcat Ridge Romp 50k this weekend, 2 miles to go on Friday then I'm ready.

QOTD:  Halo Headbands could sponsor me.  I need something to keep the sweat from my bald head from getting in my eyes, and they do the trick every time.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Chnaiur

SRD

QOTD: A company that makes good day-packs that you can run with. Unfortunately Black Diamond has too high standards to sponsor me. They would have been ideal since they also make great skiing and climbing gear.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

runtraildc

After an early train, I'm in Newark NJ wondering how And where) to get a run in later.  No trails nearby, that's for sure.  May be a treadmill run in the hotel gym.

Qotd:  smartwool.

Snowdenrun

I'm going to run today! I've been antsy to run, but work has been demanding and I've had a really hard time getting out of bed in the mornings.

QOTD: Addams chunky peanut butter, Tillamook ice cream, New Belgium Brewing Company.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Tahqua 25k this weekend in the U.P. I'm sure you know the place Queen, just across that little bridge from where you once called home.

I still call Michigan home and plan on returning for at least the summer months when I retire.  Actually only been to Paradise once to see rrotbeer falls.  Have fun racing, it's been awhile Huh?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Heyyyo,

After 4 days off from running, I ran a measly 3.5 yesterday and then played my LAST frisbee game of the season/year/forever? I will probably play a little next year, but no more organized leagues. Too hard to juggle with running.

Then I slept in today. I have a huge sleep deficit and could not wake up to run today. Luckily I will be running tmrw, Friday, Sat, and Sunday. So things should be back to normal soon! 

QOTD: An honorary QOTD for me! How wonderful. I guess if any other company should sponsor me, it would be a Philly beer company or a vodka brand.

Watoni

Run or die today, work be damned!!!

QOTD: Probably nobody whose stuff i buy

LB2

I have to work late tonight, til 8. So, I won't run today. I probably won't get in a run tomorrow either. But Friday, I get off work early, so I'll make up for lost time then and on the weekend.

QOTD: I think Dogfish Head Brewing Company would (should) like to sponsor me. I cannot get Dogfish Head in Louisiana, but I go to great lengths to have anyone who is headed to Texas or Florida pick some up for me regularly. It is just good. I also think Mossy Oak camo should sponsor me, and possibly Remington Arms Company. I don't think you can buy a more reliable shotgun than an 870. And I think that New Balance and/or Saucony should sponsor me considering all the shoes I have bought the last few years. And finally, I think that the metal band Iron Maiden should sponsor me, maybe Social Distortion, too. I guess that is enough.

LB2

muppy

Thinking about running 6 later on.

QOTD I would dream about a BBQ restaurant sponsoring me, I really really love BBQ!

Sandy-2

Gonna do the stair climber and perhaps the TM at the gym for a few miles.  Uggggh. But it's too freaking hot out.  I slept in this morning, spent too much time following my DD's race on the Internet.

Edit:  I did 25 minutes on the stair climber and then did 4 miles on the TM.  I hate running on the TM, but my car read 102 deg.  I guess better than running in that.

She's still out front, but there is someone's on her tail.  She needs another big day, hope she has it.  Here is a link to the race blogs: http://mongolderbyblog.theadventurists.com/blog/

qotd: not sure.

tbd.

Uh oh... now what?

Gonna do the stair climber and perhaps the TM at the gym for a few miles.  Uggggh. But it's too freaking hot out.  I slept in this morning, spent too much time following my DD's race on the Internet.

Edit:  I did 25 minutes on the stair climber and then did 4 miles on the TM.  I hate running on the TM, but my car read 102 deg.  I guess better than running in that.

She's still out front, but there is someone's on her tail.  She needs another big day, hope she has it.  Here is a link to the race blogs: http://mongolderbyblog.theadventurists.com/blog/

qotd: not sure.

Thanks Sandy -- Kathy spent a long time looking at the pictures today, was our topic of conversation when we went out this afternoon.  Just such a great thing for her (and the horse?).

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

East coast fellow here, just making the turn into the check-in here. Hey, I was at work! And before that, on a nice run, 10 or 12 miles into the sunrise. It was wonderful, I love seeing the day get started, out of the night.

Only downside was that I got taken away and took it a bit too far, and arrived home 12 minutes after my self-set deadline for getting ready and into work on time, provided things run smoothly. So in the remaining 30 minutes, I took a quick cold shower (to cool off after the sprint on the last 3 miles, when I realized it was probably a bit later than I had planned), got dressed and dolled up, fixed the 3 kids' lunchboxes and the boys' breakfasts, and then - DH reminded me that I had to take him to the car dealership first to drop off his car, so that he could take my car to get the kids to marching band and summer school.

What a way to start off into the day... Nothing could upset me after having gotten all that done and show up to work on time. Approve

QOTD: Queen, don't you take away my most likely sponsor... Well, then I'll go for Novartis. I use tons of their Voltaren gel and recommend it in almost every other post. Wink

Run for fun.