Trailer Trash

The World Won't End Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I voted early and now plan to stay away from the news until much later tonight. (that's as political as I get).

Now waiting for a delivery of replacement windows for My Old House.  The last of the 113 yo windows have finally had their last day. Replacing 6 now and still have 11 to do later in the month.  We have 39 total windows in this house. The others have already moved on during renovation times. Now I just need a project where I can re-utilize sash weights.

After truck gets here, I'll head up to the woods to crush some leaves.

QOTD:  I won an Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet yesterday. I never seem to win, so was a surprise to get a package.  Do you use you phone, laptop, desk top or a tablet for surfing the web? Also, we all know someone who seems to win all the time,. Are any of you "lucky"?

I use a laptop for surfing and fun stuff and desktops for work.  As I said, I'm not usually lucky, but have a friend who wins (raffles, 50/50's, scratch offs) regularly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I did 5 quick (for me) miles last night after work in the dark, then got up early this morning in the dark and did 5 slow miles. I'm not fully recovered yet, but it does seem to be improving.  My DD called last night and asked if I'd do a 50k with her in 2 weeks, unfortunately I have to go to London that weekend so I can't.  Bummer.

I voted early (between the "locker-room talk tape" and the first "FBI Letter"). Who knows, it'll be interesting to watch tonight, will Texas turn blue?

qotd: At work I have a new Surface but it's hooked up to a docking station with a large monitor, keyboard and mouse.  At home we have a desktop/large monitor or I use my iPhone. At home we also have a laptop that we took to Korea with us, but now we mainly use that to stream Netflix to the TV (Chromecast).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I ran 3.3 in a misty rain this morning. It wasn't bad, but it was a little warmer than I wanted it. It should cool off later in the week. I saw two deer lying down next to the gravel road in the open piney woods along my route. I stopped; one stood up; the larger doe stayed down. Last week there were 7 or 8 in that bunch, and I am sure that the others were close by. I just kept on running. I may thin the herd by one in a couple of weeks if possible.

QOTD Part 1: I use a laptop.

QOTD Part 2: Last week my father in law and I were fortunate enough to each be given $100.00 tickets to a QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association) banquet, a fund raiser. I haven't hunted deer in several years, although I have killed tons of them over the years. Anyway, that ticket got us a nice meal and a chance to win one of about 30 guns on the "Wall of Guns". They had some really nice rifles and shotguns, a couple of handguns, too. The turnout was low, so I figured our chances were good. We won nothing. Some people who bought tickets for additional rifles won two guns. One guy walked out of there with about $2500.00 worth of rifles.

In the past, my father in law has won several guns at NWTF (National Wild Turkey Federation) banquets. He gave me one of them, a Remington 870 Super Mag. And years ago, Louisiana had a program sponsored through the NWTF that was a voluntary tagging system for turkeys. When you killed a turkey, you checked him in at a participating location, usually a country store. You measured the spurs, beard length, and recorded the weight. The state wildlife department used that data as part of their research. At the end of the season, a name was drawn for each of the 6 state regions. I had killed the 3 bird limit and actually won a Remington 870 in about 1998. Normally, I am not that lucky, but I think participation in the program was low. I sure got lucky that year.

LB2

some call me Tim

I've got to get down to the polls yet, but I plan to ride the junk news wave a bit today.  And hoping that maybe nobody gets enough electoral votes to win outright and it ends up in congress. No outcome is gonna be good - it might as well be interesting. Looking forward to the peace and quiet that's coming post election day, too. I'll get a couple slow miles in today, but it's now officially break time for me. There'll be (hopefully) quite a lot of snowshoeing over the winter, but for now it's time to chill.

AT, that'll be great. When I did all of the old windows here it made the place so much cozier... no more little drafts and cold spots. It didn't actually help our heating bill that much, but comfort level got a big boost.

qotd: All of the above, and sometimes simultaneously! I do prefer to do design work at the desktop which has a CRT monitor, but am often testing something in different viewports, or coding on a laptop and desktop together... can't be bothered to set up dual monitors.

Congrats on the win (and no, I don't usually win either, though I think I mentioned at the race a month ago I won some nice z poles)!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

missed posting yesterday- the Elk Ramble 15k on Saturday went wonderfully!  I ran with my buddy from Missoula, I pushed him on the ascents, he pushed me on the descents- we ended up finishing in the top third- that's almost liking winning for me   the trail running film was excellent, very motivating!

got in a nice (slow) 5-ish miles on Sunday, strength trained yesterday

going to try to get 5-ish this afternoon

qotd 1: computer at home, phone at work/on the road

qotd: it's getting better , I've won three pair of La Sportiva shoes in the last four years

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

5.5 this am...was cold.  I like it but it takes me a few weeks of running in to get used to it.  But it's suppose to get up to 68 today....huh?

I won't have time to vote until just before the polls close.  I will have to race back from DS2 bball practice.  A part of me wants no part of voting.  It makes me sick just thinking about the options.  Had an interesting conversation with coworkers yesterday about the election and candidates.  I usually do not indulge in such conversations but we were in the car for a long drive (x2) so why not.  One coworker made a good point that in this election, it has brought out some fairly fanatical "fans" of each side.  I was explaining to DS1 over the weekend the idea of mudslinging.  This election has become <1% about the issues and >99% about mudslinging.  While I understand there are some truths involved, most have been utter slander.  It's very telling what sort of nation we are.

QOTD: I don't like surfing the web on our kindle or ipad - too slow.  So is my phone.  Winning? me no but DD won the ipad that we have.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Going to head out for a walk with DW around noon. About 4 miles. Probably hit the bike this evening for some spinning, then weight lifting. Still staying away from running as the hip is still hurting in a variety of places.

Going to go vote this evening when DS gets home from work. In between I won't follow any news and may ban it from the house entirely. I looked over the ballot for my area and made the decision to head to France tomorrow on the first available flight.  Not moving there, just need to bring a certain item home with me.  Any idea if customs will give me a problem bringing a Guillotine back into the country?  I hear the French used one a few centuries ago to clean up a political mess . Enough crookedness and corruption around I figure we could use one.

QOTD: Desktop and laptop. Sometimes use the phone, but only if necessary.  As far as winning stuff goes I'm sure I have I just can't ever remember when.  I'm the guy that goes to a open house where they are giving out 100 prizes. If 101 people register I'll be the unlucky one who doesn't get anything .

I worked with one guy who owned dozens of guns. Said he'd never buy another one. He just entered gun raffles and seemed to win something from most of them .  He also won several ATV's.