Trailer Trash

it's Monday; ie back to the grind (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Finally got outside yesterday- it actually climbed into the upper teens, felt like a heat wave!  Very tough run- donned my running snowshoes and had to bust through over a foot of snow, add some vert for good measure    This 5.5 mile loop is usually done in about 50 minutes give or take, yesterday right at two hours!

Strength training this evening.

qotd: any other favored activities other than running in the winter?  I enjoy getting out snowshoeing and backcountry skiing and even an occasional night camping out- I'm afraid it would be a little on the dull side in this area if you didn't have a few snow centric activities you enjoyed

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Short run today over lunch. Usually a SRD but have a friends who wants to run on Battlefield and he's in town today.

Warden - glad you are able to get out to combat any cabin fever.

Ugly Sweater Day at the office.  I play good sport because, as we know,  "Happy wife staff, happy life".

QOTD:  Usually downhill skiing, but with my right shoulder acting up I might have to skip it this year. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Kinda a rest day.  Yoga torture for 45 min, but it's done and my hips will thank me later.  I'll also get in 2-3 miles for good measure later during swim practice.

AT & MT-- nice pics!

qotd:  skiing-- downhill and XC, but we usually have to go somewhere 1+ hours to enjoy so don't get out as much as I'd like.  Looking at a mid-winter long weekend up in new england. The snowshoeing is excellent from my sister's front door.

Daydreamer1

Heading out shopping with DW. Pray for me.......or maybe for her .  Actually it's nothing major just going to pick up a turkey for Christmas eve.  Might get a fresh one depending on the "use by" date. Never had a fresh one, everyone tells me they are so much better.

Heading to the gym tonight for a good strength workout.

Warden - That's some nice looking snow.

AT - Wonderful looking sweater . DW says she wishes they could do stuff like that at work. Sadly their new CEO is too uptight and afraid of anyone getting offended so everything is now very, very, very PC.

QOTD: Sadly no.  I do try to get to the gym more often, although over the past two years that didn't happen. Mostly it's the same thing, just running and biking but doing more of it indoors. I do try to run in the dark more especially if there is snow on the ground.

XtremeTaper

Hey trailers. Weekend catchup here as today will be planet of fitness day, no run. Saturday we had some snow and sleet but temps were pleasant and the Lady and I managed 6 in very slushy wet conditions. Yesterday, crazy warm here in the morning.. about 55-57 degrees. I wanted a flat run so he the cinder SureKill river towpath outside of town. It rained for most of the run but it felt almost like April showers. Still sore and achey in the knees. Frustrating, but hey some running at least.

QOTD: Ha, yes. Head south for a few weeks and play golf and run snow free trails. I need to become a snowbird.

Warden - I remember many years ago a frustrating winter here where we had 3 feet of snow on the trails for well over a month. I could have used you then to post pole some paths for me! Enjoy your snow.

AT - Ha, good one.. that sweater!

Runtrail - Enjoy your evening miles!

DD - Happy turkey shopping... sure beats the mall.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No running over the weekend. Just didn't work out.  Got some stuff around the house done though.

AT - ummm, great sweater! 

Warden - finally an outdoor run.

QOTD: Sledding, snowball fights, shoveling, trying to stay warm, ....and an occasional winter trail run while it is snowing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning with the Mutts..it's chilly out there.  Love running when the white crystals push out of the ground lifting pebbles and rocks...turning a run into a bowl of cereal.  Crunch crunch crunch.

I dropped down to the 35K in my race this Saturday.. took first in the old lady age group.  But I was beat by a 9 year old.

Here's a picture of the group I do long runs with on occasion...we had a great time, eating and drinking before and after the run.

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

QOTD:  Activities:  Going to the movies and out to lunch,    Ok we also snowshoe on occasion when we get snow and snowboard after a dump.  Old man does care much for groomed trails.  Being in Nor Cal things really don't change much in our outside activities.

WCRunner:  I want to come to your house for Christmas...husband and I often eat crab at Christmas but not every time.  Needs to become a tradition!

AT:  That does not qualify as an ugly sweater.  I need to post mine!

runtraildc:  We have to drive around an hour too but the $100 day lift ticket is what has really turned us off of snowboarding unless conditions are awesome.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Queen - "Did you run. You're all changed." (inside joke between Sue, Jess and I)

The sweater has lights that light up when I move.  But most are calling me out for it not being ugly enough.  My Office Manager made hers and it looks way to pretty, so we're just calling it Christmas Sweater Day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Here's my sweater...with the tights it even made it more obnoxious.

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and indoor

Sandy-2

Did 5 miles at lunch today.  First lunchtime run since I moved back a few months ago.  While I was gone those 2 years they made a paved path on both sides of the drainage ditch (I used to run along the ditch in the tall grass.  I guess it's better for most people and they can ride bikes on it and stuff, but to me they wrecked it.

Nice photos everyone, those sweaters are really bad!!!

qotd: Down here in TX I could add sunbathing, hiking, camping, bike riding, etc. winter is the best time for outdoor stuff down here.

tbd.

NHLA

7 miles on Echo Mt. A little chilly.

qotd   Tai Chi  you can do it inside and it never gets boreing.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm sorry this made me laugh. 

qotd   Tai Chi  you can do it inside and it never gets boreing.