Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 13 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today but planning on a very long trail run tomorrow a to help with all the holiday calories I'm consuming. Dozens of cookies (and chocolate) in the office right now, and I feel obligated to sample most of them.

QOTD:  pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The number of goodies in the office right now hasn't been too bad this year.  (Knock on wood, the day is still young.)  I'm doing alright so far on office binges.

QOTD: Who has a 3 or 4 day weekend thanks to the holidays?  Any interesting plans?

I'm planning on running tomorrow morning, then making cake pops, then we're heading to a friend's house for pizza/the Packer game.  Sunday is climbing, possibly a cold bike ride, and relaxing.  Monday/Christmas we'll see my family, then Tuesday is the boyfriend's kids + my parents at our house.  I actually have to cook!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  After work today, I'll be off until Wednesday.  Christmas with DW's family tomorrow, my kids on Sunday and my Family on Monday.

Sandy-2

7 mi this morning. Summer has arrived (it was warm and tropical).

I’m ‘working’ from home today so the holiday treats are at a minimum today. That’s a good think as I have been indulging all week!!!

qotd: 3+ day weekend here. The plans include: Star Wars, dinner, drinks, present opening, gift exchange, visiting a friend’s house, family phone calls, etc.  I just don’t know the order or which days they occur, I just follow the boss.  Oh yeah, I’ll fit some runs in when I can.

Merry Christmas, Happy chanukah, Happy Holidays everyone.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5 and a half this morning with my running group.  We run in the dark, I was enjoying the sparklely frost on the ground.  I run Jack leash less but put a headlamp around his neck just in case he takes off.  I really love that dog, he is just the happiest guy in the world.  I want to be more like Jack.

After run the DH took out the garbage, um why? stinky?  No rat!!  yea we got him.

QOTD:   We are going to a friends house for Christmas eve.  Christmas day we are heading for the coast until Friday.  Three years ago we camped at the coast at Christmas and it was cold...even the fire left on side of you cold.  Happy to have the trailer this year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Just staggered out of bed so after I wake up I'll head out for a few miles. Feeling lethargic and in a funk when it comes to running. If I can get out the door I feel good after a few miles. Should be between 5-6 miles today.

QOTD:  Since I worked last night and had to sleep some when I got home I'll count today as a 1/2 day. Off tomorrow and Sunday for 2 1/2 days off.  Spend tomorrow working on my car then time with the family on Sunday. Probably go over to my parents on Saturday evening.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 4 mile hike with DW and Tiny Elvis- about 6” of fresh snow so that ups the effort level considerably; chilly at low teens, but zero wind so actually not too bad.

going to try and get 3-4 miles this evening, then we’re going out for fish and chips

qotd: if the local run group goes out tomorrow, I’ll likely go- it’s usually in the 8-12 mile range; if not will probably go on my own. Sunday heading to DD and then back on Monday (sadly have to back to work Tuesday)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Run later tonight.  So I had posted a number of weeks ago about a job opportunity where I work.  The lead director approached me about the opening even before they posted.  He encouraged me to apply.  That is as good as offering the job on the spot.  So when it was posted, I took a  few days and thought about it.  I applied for it.  I didn't hear for a bit and then get an email from our HR department.  My company is huge so HR is in a completely different part of the state.  They needed to verify my managerial experience.  The job required 5 years managerial experience.  I had 2 from my current role.  My previous jobs I had clinical supervision experience.  To make a long story short, they hired someone else - I found out yesterday.  I never even got an interview.  So today I asked the lead director why that was.  Apparently HR shot down my application right away.  He tried to push it through but in the end, he never even had a shot to interview me.  I feel good that he tried very hard to push it through but bummed that I did not even get a chance at the position.  But I am, in a weird way, ok with it.  I know things happen for a reason.  I should be  right now but I am not.  C'est la vie!

QOTD: I took all of next week off so I have a very nice loooong weekend.  Will be celebrating with family and probably be snow tubing a lot next week as season passes are one of our family gifts. 

Have a great holiday weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Sorry about the job Jamie...glad you are OK with not getting it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Yay - for no rat.

Boo - for no promotion, but you are right, things happen for a reason.

Yay - for Star Wars. Saw it with DS and DD#! yesterday and it was pretty good. A bit Disney-fied, but still entertaining.

Boo - for working on Christmas.

Yay - for running in the snow with Tiny E.

Boo - for all the people we haven't heard from in a while.

Yay - for bad hip lady running.

GC100k

Did a pleasant 16 miles on the AT at mid-day. We're down to 1 car for 6 of us all going different directions, so there's a lot of logistics involved. I had my son drop me off at a trail head and pick me up a few hours later.

I did and out-and-back north then an out-and-back south from the trailhead. After the first out-and-back I stowed my nice gloves and my handheld in my stash bag sorta hidden (so I thought) at the trailhead. When I got back at the end, it was gone. I was venting about it to a couple that was passing by and a minute later I saw them talking to a guy who was walking up. Turns out he lives nearby and picks up the trash along the trail and he picked up my "trash". So I got it back and all is good. I told him I appreciate his service to the trail.

I have a strong inkling that after Christmas I may be more equipped to carry stuff when I run and won't need to stash stuff as much. I usually don't eat and drink when I run, but I tried a couple Gu today for the first time since I can't remember when. Nothing particularly bad or good happened, but I might not be a Gu guy.

QOTD: I'm in academia and our campus is shut down from tomorrow until Jan 2. Doesn't mean I have any less work, just nothing urgent so more freedom to procrastinate. My plans are to do a pleasant 16 miles on the AT today. I'm going to do some kid taxiing today and make a run to Walmart so my wife doesn't have to go.

Have some honey-do projects. Got a couple done already the past couple days when I only went into the office for ~half day. I swapped out a pickup in my guitar yesterday, something I'd planned to do on Thanksgiving break.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a pleasant 16 miles on the AT at mid-day. We're down to 1 car for 6 of us all going different directions, so there's a lot of logistics involved. I had my son drop me off at a trail head and pick me up a few hours later.

What section were you at?  The guy at Big Flat is there a lot picking up things.

GC100k

What section were you at?  The guy at Big Flat is there a lot picking up things.

Got dropped off at the Lisburn road trailhead. Middle of Cumberland Valley.