Trailer Trash

Crisp Sundaly (Read 28 times)

Sandy-2

Nice and crisp around here this weekend. Unfortunately no crisp apples to go with it.

My 100k went well, it was a surprisingly tough course.  Just took longer than I had planned, but the views were worth it!! Hydration and fueling went great, just a pair of shot legs after a while due to all the steep ups and downs.  I finished in 21:09 which I think was right smack in the middle of the pack. Quite stiff today. Now I owe 2 RRs.

Cant think of a question.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

champion hills

NHLA

northslope

NHLA

14 miles yesterday northslope trail.

Running later today.

qotd  We had no trick or treaters. Never get many because mt. is so steep. Did ya'll have any?

NHLA

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a really nice 20-ish mile run in yesterday with the local running group; started out with about a dozen or so folks- they kept slowly peeling off and only four of us did the entire 20 mile route- one of the gals that finished was dressed up for Halloween 

going to to get in a 5-isj mile run sometime today

qotd: my DW went to Missoula to spend Halloween with our DD and grand kids, left me with a large sack of candy (mini snickers) that I thought was major overkill; turns out at about 7:00 I had to turn the lights out as I ran out of candy!  so 60 trick or treaters for me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning trailers--  Still deciding what today will be.  Most likely 4-5 miles easy.  We're supposed to go to the zip line adventure park this afternoon, but it is raining so we might delay the visit.

Sandy-- congratulations on the race.  And yes, we're all keeping count on the missing RRs.

NHLA- beautiful pictures

MTwarden- so you ran out of candy?  how many did you actually eat vs hand out?

qotd:  We had a decent turnout-- about 50 or 60 kids or so.  After some snacking while handing it out, we still have a little left.  Best costume was a little 2 year old dressed as a skunk.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

It sure is nice to have that hour of daylight back in the morning, my favorite

part of the day. After yesterdays run I spent a few hours in the hills behind

the house clearing my trails, I think I'm more sore from that than my run.

I'll do a few miles this morning on those cleared trails.

QOTD: Similar to NHLA, our house is too much of a climb for normal folks. No

kids at all last night, we didn't even get candy.

Occasional Runner

I'm pretty hungover this morning, but I managed a short trail run with the pups this morning. It's a beautiful, warm morning in the mountains.

QOTD- We had HUNDREDS of kids last night. We gave out 1700 pieces of candy and went through a half gallon of Fireball.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Drizzly day here and like Kelly I have a bit of a hangover.  My husband scored a car he has been trying to buy for 8 years.  He wanted to celebrate so we did.  I ran 18 yesterday.  The first 9 were good and fairly fast, the last 5 sucked.  I told my husband I am giving up the long distance but over it today and still need to keep Jamie from getting more mikes in 2015 than me.    Oh today I am going to get out today for 5 ish.

Yesterday QOTD: i said no to animal sightings but then on my run I saw a bat.  He was sick or injured and lying on the trail.  Thought that was pretty fitting to see a bat on halloween.

QOTD:  We get no one.  Our road has no shoulders, very curvy, and houses too far about.  We get no kids.

Nhla:  nice pictures.

kelly:  When you live in a nice neighborhood kids travel from far for that good candy.

Mtwarden:  what traildc said...who ate those snickers...seemed like snickers were loved by many on our qotd couple days ago.

Sandy:  Hate to admit but didn't realize you were racing this weekend, what country were u in?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

6.1 miles last night.

Congratulations Sandy, sounds like you had a great run!

QOTD  Zero since we were not home on trick-or-treat night which in my area was on Thursday.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

no snickers for me, BUT I did enjoy a 32 oz Lewis & Clark Pumpkin Spice Ale last night!  alcohol content is just under 6%, so maybe I did eat some snickers 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

I too was part of the hangover club this morning.  Went to Brew Pub last night for good music and some strong craft beers. We were dressed as clowns. Some really good costumes including a group of HS teachers who came as cast of Rocky Horror.  After hydrating this morning, went out for 8 miles on leaf covered trails. It was slow going downhill as I had no idea what was under the leaves. 2 close calls but didn't fall.  As penalty, I pushed the uphills.

Congratulations, Sandy!

QOTD: We had Trick or Treat on Thursday night and got 75-80 kids.  We had 5 Elsa's (from Frozen) and a lot of zombies.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Sitting here putting together my 2016 race schedule. Most of my favorite races are on my weekends that I work. Still it looks like there will be several that I can do, just have to branch out from my normal ones. Planning on another 7+ miles this afternoon.  Now that the time changed I'll either have to head out earlier than I like to or run in the dark.

NHLA -  Love the pictures.

Lace - Given the large amount of Mormons in Utah I'm kind of surprised there is such a large Halloween  turnout.

QOTD:  We've lived here for 23 years and never had a trick or treater.  Almost all of the kids in the area are from Mennonite families and they don't do Halloween.

some call me Tim

I'll get out for 10 on the road in a few minutes. I need to keep up that quick turnover in prep for next Saturday's trail race. I volunteered at a 10k this morning which is also a potluck and proceeds benefit the local running website and the guy who nearly single-handedly keeps it pumping full of stats... pull-tag timing and I had the privilege of acting as the backup timer which I've never done before. It was cool to see how his system runs, and I recruited a few folks for next Sat, too.

Sandy: Great to hear! iirc this is successful phase 1/3

Lace: Fireball! Now that's the way to do it. We take the kids out and I keep seeing parents pulling wagons with both kids and coolers in them and by the next year I forget... course somebody has to drive us back up the hill.

qotd: We get nobody at my house - all the rural kids funnel into the nearest small town and the place is a mob scene. People tend to give out small portions (who can blame them) but the kids end up with a good haul anyway and it's a nice atmosphere with campfires and impromptu haunted houses everywhere. People always get a kick out of my girls as well, who couldn't be more different. Last year they were a care bear and a dementor, this year Queen Elsa and a moss-covered skeleton.