Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 28 times)

Marley and I got out before dawn to beat the heat.  We did a nice 3 mile trail run, much of it along drainage canals that Marley made frequent side trips into to get a drink and cool off.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning, trailers.    Just got back from my 10 mile race.  on roads, but it's on a pretty route along the Potomac, small-ish race on a point to point course.  Didn't PR, but came close, which feels good.    A friend completed her first race at that distance.  Beautiful day and perfect weather.

TT- how is Marley acclimating to the weather?  Is it similar to MD summers? but more of a year round heat and humidity?

TT- how is Marley acclimating to the weather?  Is it similar to MD summers? but more of a year round heat and humidity?

She is doing fine.  It helps that we had some cool days at first and that we get out real early.  I try to be sure we run where there is a lot of shade and frequent water.

The temperature here doesn't really get any hotter here than the worst days in Baltimore, but it does so a lot more of the time, it is humid more of the time, and the sun seems a lot hotter.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Hi everyone,  the allergies continue to raise havoc with my sinuses. Just head clogging, but thankfully the vertigo/dizziness has gone away. I ran 5 mi with my DD yesterday and about half way thru my ears kind of unclogged and the dizziness stopped. But I still took a SRD this morning.

TT, just be careful there are no gators in those drainage ditches.

rtdc, nice job on the almost PR.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Lovely, lovely day here in central PA. It would be  great weather for a  run, but I'm stuck at work.

Sandy - Hope your allergies get better soon. This has been a bad year for me to.

Seriously the allergies this year... My face feels like it's going to explode.

Put in about 12 today on the Ridgway Boulder Dash course with the girl who's running mega with me this year. The weather was PERFECT and we hit up a nice mix of gas roads and single track.  Came home and played in the flower beds for a few hours and now I'm wiped.  Good thing I have to go into work tonight at 8. 

Hope you all had fantastic weekends! I'm ready for mine to start! (Tomorrow!!)

NorthernHarrier

Rest day here though it has been anything but rest. Good work. Outside in the north country. Now I'll head out for 15-20 miles on the road bike. Just an easy ride. Tomorrow I'm thinking of heading to the Porcupine mts. and do my usual 14.5 mile loop which I consider to be an epic training run. I'll see how my legs feel in the morning. Gorgeous weather here too. 

You guys with the allergy suffering--probably a dumb question but are you guys doing any allergy meds??  I do a couple shots of Flonase  and a hit of Allegra every morning. So far no issues out of the ordinary.  I wouldn't survive without the miracles of modern science. It can be brutal.

DigDug2

Great 11 miles on a beautiful morning - haven't spent this much time on the trails in a while.  Also cheered for a big local trail 10K - didn't race this year since I'm still getting back into shape, but fun to watch.

DC - nice job on the 10M.

You guys with the allergy suffering--probably a dumb question but are you guys doing any allergy meds??  I do a couple shots of Flonase  and a hit of Allegra every morning. So far no issues out of the ordinary.  I wouldn't survive without the miracles of modern science. It can be brutal.

The Flonase seems to be what works for me.  Benadryl on a really bad day.  Everything else whacks me out beyond being a functional member of society.

Enjoy your ride/run!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Still hoping for an evening run, but not sure if I'll be able to pull it off.

A day at work, then took the kids to the pool again, and we all had a blast. Does this count as light cross training?

Wonderful running weather here, too!

Traildc: congrats on the 10M. Nice distance!

Martha: My allergies have not hit yet, but I know it's just a matter of time before I'll be reduced to a coughing, sniffling, itching mess.

Unfortunately, none of the OTC antihistamines work for me any more, so I'm on prescription meds. They help, but do not completely alleviate the symptoms. At times, I also need an inhaler for allergic asthma, but not always.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we got a little surprise this morning, about 2" of snow   10 mile run this afternoon, closer to 4-5" of snow in the hills- yesterday I probably bumped into 8-10 folks (mtn bikers, hikers), today- 0 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I'll use Flonase when I get regular headaches. If that doesn't work I'll use either Zyrtec or Allegra for several days. Most years I'll use less then a bottle of each. This year I've almost went through a bottle (30 pills) of Zyrtec.  If I use any of this stuff for too long of a period it actually drys me out too much and makes me feel as miserable as the allergies.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

16 local mikes as in put the back door and through the state park.  Pretty hilly run.  Me legs were tired  I am guessing is keftover from last sunday.  weather ..awesome.  We had rain yesterday and it was a fairly cool, sunny day today.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄