Trailer Trash

Day before the 4th Mondaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Walking makes knee act up a bit, so looks like I'll sit on my ass for a bit and be a good little patient (which is hard).

QOTD:  Any plans for the 4th Fireworks, cookouts, epic runs?  DS will be arriving tomorrow, so we're having a pool party with burgers and dogs. May go into town and see fireworks, depending on when he gets in.  Happy 4th, everyone.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

was up before sunrise and got 3.5 miles in with Tiny Elvis- we're looking at 10 days (or more) of 95+ degree days   I really am starting to despise summer

have to work today, even though it appears no one is going to be in the building- joy

qotd: Elvis and I will get up early tomorrow and probably head for the mountains for a hike; going to pull out a ribeye this evening for grilling on the 4th; our Costco now carries Bent Nail IPA by the case from a local brewery- check 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I'll run 5 or 6 this afternoon after work. Karl Meltzer and I are celebrating our 6 year FB friendship. We have really developed a strong bond over the last 6 years, having never met or even spoken to one another. However, I will never forget the miles we never shared together on the trails.

Anyway, FB is sort of stupid.

QOTD: I'll run 15 or so in the morning before I have to take a buddy fishing. I'd rather be kicked in the nuts by a thousand mules than go fishing, but I'll take him. I shouldn't say that about fishing. I love to fish in a river with moving water, wading or in a boat is fine. I hate to fish for catfish from the bank (shore) or from a boat just sitting out on the water.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No run today, but I will get out for a run or two later this week. 16 days and counting. Will take the Lady out for a walk at Monocacy Hill tonight. Think we will go up to the viewpoint.

QOTD: No big plans. Buddy is coming over so we will grill something and hang out. Perhaps take the dogs out for a hike.

QOTD weekend: I am just below 1,200 miles right now and stuck spinning my wheels. Typically mileage goal is around 2,500 and I don't see myself hitting that this year. Never know though I suppose. I did look at my running log, I have a little goals tab, and see I never updated it from the year before. I guess that's what happens when you start off the year with an injury. Still would like a WSQ I suppose but I sort of blew that one last month. Now it's just a matter if whether I can get healthy enough to take another shot at it. I need to adjust my goal though, to make that the secondary thing of importance.

AT - Yeah, hard not to at least walk. I walked a round of golf on Friday, and had some soreness the next day. Sucks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Yeah, hard not to at least walk. I walked a round of golf on Friday, and had some soreness the next day. Sucks.

It's my problem since I tried to walk too fast.  Rest and i don't get along. May be divorced before this thing heals up, as I'm sure I'm driving DW crazy.

LB - Jamie and I have met Karl in person (when he crewed for Scott Jurek), so say hi to him. I just use FB for the news, since it's always accurate. 

Warden - enjoy the Bent Nail.  I split one with DD#1 once while in Oregon. I think I liked it. It was right at the top of my IBU limit.

runtraildc

Rest day for me today. Still up early to take DS to the pool and now I want a nap... Also waiting for the AC guy to finish up the work so I can get out for some walking.

AT- what about swimming?

qotd: Firming up some plans for a picnic-tubing kind of day with friends and kiddos.  Don't know yet if I'll still be awake for fireworks or not.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- what about swimming?

Would love to, but have a right shoulder issue that won't fully resolve without surgery, but I don't want to take off work for 3 months to get it fixed since only a few things bother it.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 3.5 very hot miles at lunch at work.  Yes - I am working today.    Over the weekend, DW and I took the kids tubing on a creek (Yellow Breeches).  Holy people Batman!!!! Just imagine a water ride at an amusement park on a hot summer day.  It was one giant party.  But it was fun.

AT: You are getting old!

LB2 - at least you're friends with him on FB.  I met and talked with him but no dice on the FB friendship.  I suppose I need to actually request it first, huh?

QOTD: We plan on taking the kids to see the Harrisburg fireworks.  It will be our first time (as a family).  DW and I don't get too excited about fireworks but the kids are all of a sudden into them.  So we will first the crowds and try and find a spot to see them.  I may try and get in a nice trail run early tomorrow.  Probably on the AT.  I am not pulling big miles yet so it will likely be in the 10 mile range.  No cookouts though...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

AT,  sorry about the knee, that sucks!

I got in 5.5 trail miles last night.

QOTD  we are going on a hike with a bunch of people on the Appalachian Trail in the morning.  Then we will lounge by the pool for a bit and then go out to my parents (who smoking a brisket) for dinner. After that we are going up to reservoir park in Harrisburg where  the Harrisburg orchestra is putting on a show followed by the fireworks.

Sandy-2

10 mi this morning. My July 4th "weekend 50" is on track gotta do 15 tomorrow. In this weather it ain't no gimme.  But I did get lucky this morning, just when I got to a field with about a half mile in direct sun, a big cloud came by to provide shade.

Got an update on the CT riders they were at the beginning of Seg 4 this morning, "all good, details later". Anyway here are some photos: spot tracks and two start photos. My DD is upper row right side and second from lest (white horse).

qotd: were grilling steaks with potatoes, corn on the cob... after mymiles this weekend I'm looking forward to it.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - hope all is well with their CT adventure. Looks like fun.

Jamie - yes I am getting older.  So stay off my lawn!

Daydreamer1

Got out for a 4 mile walk with DW. Didn't have time for anything more. Now it's back to the slave galley for another 12 hours.

AT - I forgot what your diagnosis was and don't have the time to look back to see your posts about it, but have you tried Voltaren. Works well for me if the tendon or ligament is close enough to the surface.  Don't really like using Meloxicam but it really works well when I do use it.

QOTD:  Saturday night I had a real close up encounter with some of the best fireworks I've seen in a long time.  It was a private show that we were able to catch the last half of. Really was better then most of the shows that the towns in this area put on.  then last night I was standing outside our one station washing the ambulance and heard a pop that was as loud as a shotgun but different.  Looked around the corner just in time to see the first burst.  They were sitting them off about 100 feet away and had some really big things but it was just basic stuff.

Tonight I'm working at my part time job in Muppyland, AKA the Hershey area,  I know that Hershey park will have fireworks at times but I'm not sure if they have any tonight. If so I might sneak over that way or at least sit outside and watch if I'm not busy.

Tomorrow DW works so I might do a later afternoon long run.

LB2

LB2 - at least you're friends with him on FB.  I met and talked with him but no dice on the FB friendship.  I suppose I need to actually request it first, huh?

We had a brief FB messaging thing about a race we both ran, but that is about it. I just thought it was funny that it popped up on my FB this morning of all the random things...

LB2