Trailer Trash

Fridaily HOT SAUCE (Read 21 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Great reading everyone's responses yesterday.  If I'm ever back in London, I'll ask for a copy of Sandy's map.

8 planned on hard trail after work.  It's going to break 70 degrees!!!  Speaking of hot.....

QOTD:  Do you like hot sauce?  If so, what's your favorite?  For me it's a toss-up between Sriracha and Cholula.  But since I always have a bottle of Cholula in my office desk drawer next to the bottle of whisky, I'd have to go with Cholula.  I drink that stuff like ketchup.  I'll even put it in the ketchup when eating fries.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Not sure about what to do this weekend. Doc is s till telling me to take it easy, but doctors are the worst patients. 

Going to see Isle of Dogs tonight. I love Wes Anderson movies, and it's getting great reviews.

Any superstitious people out there? Friday the 13th, beware.

QOTD:  Sriracha is always on or counter. I even have a squeeze bottle of sriracha mayo that I make up. It has to be the green bottle with the rooster. Tried another type and it was not good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Nice and warm last night, and instead of gusty cold winds we had a proper breeze. Yeah for 70's, yeah for sweat. Anyways, 7 for me and the Lady last night on the easier side of the lake. Trails were dry and the mountain bikers are back again. Blue bells are just starting to bud as well. Just like that, spring. Spiffy run for me these days. 72 minutes at what felt like near tempo effort (70 is my fun barrier here in days gone by). That effort would have bought me 65 minutes 16 months ago but hey baby steps, and it felt great not to shuffle.

I'll plan to get 7 or 8 in this evening on other side of the lake. Might jump into a local 10k trail race tomorrow (Swamp Creek Stomp). Suspect it's a 2 loop course but it's in a open space nearby I've never visited. Shocking.

QOTD: Not obsessed with hot sauce. Mostly on tacos, and I will take salsa over hot sauce, though La Victoria Salsa Bravo is my go to stuff. Had some wings once with a sauce called "4 horsemen of the apocalypse". Featured ghost peppers. My mouth was on fire and my head sweating for nearly a half hour. It was so unpleasant it was funny.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Just under 5 miles this morning with a running friend. Slow and easy, but we picked the hilly route near rock creek. beautiful morning out and I actually was hot. Feels good today, but not in a month or three.

qotd: We're a hot sauce household with multiple bottles to choose from. Siracha is always a staple, plus an asian chilia garlic sauce. then Franks Red Hot because I can buy the big bottles at Costco. I make salsa and that actually is my preference, I have a favorite chipotle salsa that I can every fall.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

date night in Montana last night; 3-ish miles with DW and Tiny Elvis, 5” of fresh snow and the trail we decided on had 2-3’ of old snow remaining. If someone had woken me up there and said guess the month- I would have said December 

We did enjoy a nice Thai dinner afterwards. Thai dining tip #1- if they ask you if you want your dish spicy, just kindly decline

3-4 miles planned for this evening.

qotd: we have a pretty good lineup, depends on the meal- we have largish bottles of both Sriracha and Frank’s, small bottles of hotter stuff- Melinda’s habanero is pretty good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

GC100k

I have obligations tomorrow and am pretty open today so I'm going to slip out for a longish run on the roads from work this afternoon.

Ordered a pair of Hoka Napali road shoes. I'm not a big fan of aggressive lugs and I'm hoping these will be good for road or trail.

Hot Sauce: pretty sure I have hot sauce on every single meal. Sriracha the past few years, I keep a bottle in my office. There's a Texas Pete version I like a little better than the official rooster one. Before that my father-in-law's homemade hot sauce and Marie Sharp's were the regulars.

moonlightrunner

It is so beautiful today. Wish I could run after work but I need to go home. The parents seem to be having a bad week...so I will hang with them. Growing old or watching those you love grow old is not for sissies.

It is supposed to snow this weekend, as I sit looking at the "false spring day's outside.

QOTD: not hot sauce for me!

Hope everyone is having a great day with great runs on the horizon.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Met up with the group this morning and ran 7 miles...chilly again..down to 39 with sunny skis which is actually perfect running weather but than again us folks in CA still had on gloves and hats.

QOTD:  We buy Tapita...I grew up on Tabasco but since the old man likes the other it's no big deal.  Unlike Bert-0 I really only use it on tacos and burritos.  Love Frank's buffalo sauce but I don't consider that hot sauce.

Warden:  Appear date nights make you smile  happy ending?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Wholly crap is that a smile or just gas???

rest day.......and after lookin at this weekends weather forcast and the big ice storm heading this way, its lookin to be a rest weekend

NorthernHarrier

Yeah, the weather is going downhill real fast. The entire state is getting pounded with either huge snow in the north to monsoons in the south with the usual high winds, etc. Went out this morning to the Kettles and did 15 miles in cold, windy, and intermittent drizzle conditions figuring this is the best it's gonna be over the next couple days. Could be real tough getting any outside recreation this weekend.  Worst April around here so far since 1903.  Yes, I'm bitching but it is therapeutic to vent I believe.

QOTD--Not much of a fan of real hot sauce.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Wow, didn't know there were so many sriracha fans here.  Looks like I found the right place to hang out.

AT - Love sriracha mayo!  And yes to the rooster.

runtrail - I like Franks as well.  That homemade chipotle salsa sounds delish.

warden - For a second I thought you posted the pic upside down.  And who's the good looking girl you picked up on trail?  Lucky man!  And +1 on the spicy thai.  I like spicy, but some thai foods can burn the hell out of you... both directions.

GC - I'll have to try the Texas Pete version, although I might feel like a bit of a traitor.

moonlight - Nobody's perfect.   Still love ya!

Sue - I grew up on Tabasco as well.  Back then and living in the sticks, that was pretty much all there was.

Meanwhile, holy shit,,,, temp hit 77 degrees here!

NH - Bitch away.  That nasty stuff you're getting will hit us over the weekend.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden:  Appear date nights make you smile  happy ending?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Planned for 37 miles on the bike. About 15 miles in DW suggested a detour for a ice creme cone. First of the year. Finished with 43.1 miles with about 28 of that pushing head or cross winds.  About 80 degrees. Finally seeing some buds on the trees. Can't remember the last time they were so late popping out.

QOTD:  When I use it it's most likely Tabasco. The problem with most hot sauces is that to me they seem to be just HOT, and not really blended for flavor.   I love the Tabasco Mayo.

Sandy-2

Today’s a SRD. My first 5-day meeting is done. What a torture. Long boring and a killer.  Although one thing of interest today...  huge international conference on environmental issues related to shipping. Kind of like the Paris or Kyoto accords. When we got to plans to reduce greenhouse gases, about 120 countries spoke in favor and only 2 or 3 against.  I’ll let you guess which side the US was on.  I wasn’t on the US delegation, more of an industry NGO so we don’t get to speak on that one.

I get get to relocate to Norway tomorrow.

If I'm ever back in London, I'll ask for a copy of Sandy's map.

Anytime, the map is more of a cheat sheet for the street names or general direction thing. But it did work!!

qotd: my DW puts spices and hot stuff in when she makes Indian, Korean or Thai stuff, but we don’t have separate hot sauces.  As a kid we only had Tobassco sauce, but now I think we may have an old fermented bottle in the back of the cabinet though. I’m sure it’s still good.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL