Trailer Trash

Windy Valentines Saturday (Read 30 times)

NorthernHarrier

Don't know how the rest of you guys are faring weatherwise but it is brutal here. Big time winds to go with frigid temps. My long run planned for yesterday was a fail due to the weather and my own just not feeling it so I had hoped to do it today. Nah, not now. I will head over to the Cam-Roc trails for 8-10. The way those trails are laid out I'm never too far from the car if things get real bad. There is an adjacent bike path I can hop over to and that gets me a good escape route. I'll be wearing face protection today for the first time this year.

With a 3 day weekend I was almost tempted to drive long all day to the gulf coast, lay around like a beached whale smelling the ocean breezes for a day and drive long all the way home. DW said it was almost worth it crazy as it sounds. Instead I'll head north to my cabin later today where it is much colder and do a snowshoe race tomorrow. 

runtraildc

Morning trailers-  The winds haven't started here, but should pick up tonight and tomorrow.  'Frigid cold and bitter wind chills' forecast by the weather folks, but that means something very different here as compared to other parts of the country. Good luck, Harrier.

Bailed on yesterday's short run, but today's run will go as I have two friends on their way over for the group run.  At least 6 today.  Probably lots of hills, but unfortunately on the roads.

qotd:  I got nothing, unless we want to talk about valentine plans.  Which in that case, I got nothing either.  It's a day for young love, IMO.  Might try to stay up for the SNL 40 show, if that counts.   But then again, I can watch it tomorrow...

have a great day!

It felt almost balmy on our 4 mile trail run at 23 F and calm compared to yesterday's windy and 13 F.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Don't know how the rest of you guys are faring weatherwise but it is brutal here. Big time winds to go with frigid temps.

Hahahahahahahahaha.  Oh, sorry.    I'm just getting on a plane today and wearing shorts later.  Good luck at your snowshoe race!  You could have stayed here -- they're doing a race at Donald on snowshoes today?  Tomorrow?  Can't remember.

No running for me today, but I'll do plenty of walking in airports.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No wind here so far, and temps are in a very pleasant range, upper 20's. Some snowfall, but not bad. I am looking forward to getting out for a few miles. Love running in a snow shower - still in the mood for winter!

Happy Valentine's Day to all! 

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Hahahahahahahahaha.  Oh, sorry.    I'm just getting on a plane today and wearing shorts later.  Good luck at your snowshoe race!  You could have stayed here -- they're doing a race at Donald on snowshoes today?  Tomorrow?  Can't remember.

No running for me today, but I'll do plenty of walking in airports.

I know envy is not a good trait but......big envy. Have a great vacation!  We'll be heading to the Destin, Fl. area in a few weeks, must be patient.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I have to defend my 2nd place male I got there last year. Sadly, I know the winner and he'll be back too. No glory for me.

As far as Donald, there was a snowshoe race there a couple weeks back when I was doing a longish run there. There was about 3" of snow on the ground.   Not interested in doing a snowshoe race unless it's in northern Wi. or the U.P. where there is always a good deep snowcover. Just a purist, I guess.

Oh, and I did run this morning at Cam-Rock. Effin' cold but I actually had a good run. Worked the hills with a purpose. Weird though as I was the only one out there.

moonlightrunner

Harrier: you keep sending your nasty weather this way! Stop already! It is brutally old here too. Of course, I am stuck in the house anyway. After did gets home from work I will head out for a walk.

Mandy: I hope u have a wonderful vacation. I am a bit jealous.

Waiting for a flower delivery. I think my son must have sent his broken old mom some flowers!

I hope e everyone has great miles today!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

5.2 miles on the frozen trails with my micro spikes, was a blast!

Mandy hope you have a great vacation!

Harrier, good luck tomorrow!

QOTD Unfortunately we have a wedding tonight at 6 o'clock, then we will spend the night in Philadelphia and go to the art museum tomorrow.

some call me Tim

Yeah, this morning there was kind of a little blizzard here... made things interesting for the folks that were running a 10 mile race that's been going on for several years. I elected to wait and was rewarded by light snow and 20 degrees for a 4 mile snowshoe run.

Stay warm everybody - easier for a lucky few, I guess. Oooh, and there's an unintentional double entendre to close. Have fun now!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon Trailers!

I actually ran today so I figured I better take the chance to post.  My valentine and I participated in our annual tradition of running the "Cupid's Chase" V-Day 5k (road race).  I was just over 22 mins...last year was 19:21...I'm out of shape.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

**Ask me about streaking**