Trailer Trash

don’t be shy, it’s just the Mondaily (Read 17 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

east coasters will be turning in for the night soon 

going to hit the trails with Tiny E and my 45# pack this evening; we’re going to get a little taste of Spring today- temps into the low 50’s!

qotd: introvert? extrovert? both? neither?  I’m not overly shy, so probably not an introvert, but don’t really enjoy socializing with folks I don’t know and very unfond of crowds- so not sure what that makes me???!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

4 ez this am

yesterdays race was disaster. 14 degrees with about 10 mph wind, I couldn't come close to the pace I was dreaming of. Paces I can hit with ease on the treadmill, got me thinking my treadmill is alittle off on pace.

Or I was just plain dreaming. Forgot the chaff cream and paid dearly. Oh so dearly. Still paying.

QOTD: I'm pretty shy and stick to myself. Then again I like dogs more than most people. Whats that make me??

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I may run after work with the dogs.  I will go to the gym at lunch.

QOTD:  I was so dam shy as I kid I hated it.  I am still a bit unease around new folks..but if we have stuff in common not really a problem.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It makes you a Montanan...

qotd: introvert? extrovert? both? neither?  I’m not overly shy, so probably not an introvert, but don’t really enjoy socializing with folks I don’t know and very unfond of crowds- so not sure what that makes me???!

AT-runner

Tim

Walk on TM tonight.

It's snowing here in Gettysburg. WTF.  I'm going to Alabama next week for a golf trip. It better be warm there or I quit.

Warden - your pack makes me think you've become a Cross-Fitter.

Sue - Glad you had a nice run yesterday. Wasn't it just last year when you said you were done with running long?

Gator - makes you a dog lover. Nothing wrong with that.

QOTD:  I'm pretty outgoing (right, Sue and Mike).  I like talking to people and always strike up a conversation with people we see at the bar.  I think it's genetic.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

4 flat miles along my Chesapeake bay trail yesterday. Today is probably a rest day, but I'm hoping I will motivate myself to the gym for some strength training.

qotd: By this definition below, I'm definitely an introvert. I am not shy, nor uncomfortable around new people, but prefer my own company or the company of close family and friends. I find groups and events draining after a while.

Introvert comes from Latin intro-, "inward," and vertere, "turning." It describes a person who tends to turn inward mentally. Introverts sometimes avoid large groups of people, feeling more energized by time alone. The opposite of an introvert is an extrovert, who finds energy in interactions with others.

NorthernHarrier

10.5 miles out on the trails at Donald park. Legs were dead but since I wasn't working, running  seemed like a good idea. I'll take a rest day tomorrow. Gonna try to do some speedwork on Wed and test my calf. If it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger I guess. 

QOTD--Well I hate people and prefer to be alone. My wife would say though that I am somewhat extroverted and can shockingly actually interact somewhat civilized with people.  I would call myself a gun toting, beer drinking, liberal. Bring on Ted Nugent.   Had to throw that in. But I would say I'm a solid introvert.

Gator eye

10.5 miles out on the trails at Donald park. Legs were dead but since I wasn't working, running  seemed like a good idea. I'll take a rest day tomorrow. Gonna try to do some speedwork on Wed and test my calf. If it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger I guess. 

QOTD--Well I hate people and prefer to be alone. My wife would say though that I am somewhat extroverted and can shockingly actually interact somewhat civilized with people.  I would call myself a gun toting, beer drinking, liberal. Bring on Ted Nugent.   Had to throw that in. But I would say I'm a solid introvert.

Lol, Uncle Ted doesn't drink beer. Somethin wrong with that guy

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am done with the long run but I am still thinking about doing a 100 miler

Sue - Glad you had a nice run yesterday. Wasn't it just last year when you said you were done with running long?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll agree there's something wrong with him, but what's that got to do with not drinking beer? Wine on the other hand...

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Gator - Sorry to hear about the tough race conditions.  When weather doesn't cooperate, I give up on any race goal pretty easily, except to finish.  Hope that chaffing gets better.

Sue - Sounded like a fantastic run yesterday!  Looks like your training is coming along nicely.

AT - Snow?  Still?  Did PA move to Canada or something?

NH - Nice mileage out on the trails, despite the dead legs.  Also, one thing is for certain.  Nobody can stereotype you. 

Will try for 4 easy on trail tonight.  I need to regain some confidence from yesterday's bonk.

QOTD:  Based on runtrail's provided definition, definitely an introvert, since my only "recreational" activity is to run by myself for hours without earbuds and sometimes never see another person.  Don't mind a good conversation, but not in a big group.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

It makes you a Montanan...

true that 

and congrats on your big training run yesterday; I haven’t ran that far in a loooong time

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Today’s a SRD.  Meeting sucked today, felt sluggish I guess I was suffering a bit of jet lag.

qotd: I usually test in the middle. I think i’m an introvert/extrovert camelion of sorts.

What bothered me most about Mr. Nugent’s comments is that he spent his life loudly expounding his views, but when a young kid makes his views known, which are different than his, Mr. Nugent blasts him. F’ing hypocrite.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

Down with the crud for most of this weekend, in fact so awful I did not run yesterday nor even have a single beer. More of the same today but body is finally feeling better. Not hacking or sneezing or feeling like my head is full of cotton. The plan is to get back to the trails tomorrow.

QOTD: Definitely not an extrovert. Somewhere just above an introvert I suppose. First rock concert I ever saw was Uncle Ted laying down the jams with Golden Earring. My ears rang for several days. I think that was the Cat Scratch Fever tour. LOL.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - your pack makes me think you've become a Cross-Fitter.

well I was hoping it didn’t come out on a public forum, but my wife and parents have been suspicious for awhile........  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √